Expand Vocational Training

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
CUT COLLEGE ENROLLMENTS TO ATTACK INEQUALITY

workers-AP.jpg

Vocational high schools have higher graduation rates with a much larger percentage of graduates going into well-paying jobs. As someone else posted, this proposal makes too much sense to be serious considered.

And teacher unions will rise up en masse in opposition.

And watch the liberals here scream and rant because it comes from a Breitbart site. Attack the messenger – ignore debating the message @ Expand Vocational Training Cut College Enrollments to Attack Inequality

Was a free vocational training center in the Austin, Texas area when I lived there ~20 years ago. All sorts of programs. Nursing, accounting, construction, etc. Was actually looking into it but had to take a job sooner rather than later.

workers-AP.jpg

Vocational high schools have higher graduation rates with a much larger percentage of graduates going into well-paying jobs. As someone else posted, this proposal makes too much sense to be serious considered.

And watch the liberals here scream and rant because it comes from a Breitbart site. Attack the messenger – ignore debating the message @ Expand Vocational Training Cut College Enrollments to Attack Inequality

We need more plumbers, carpenters, and ironworkers, not more Communications and "insert here" studies graduates.

workers-AP.jpg

Our entire state has a network of vocational schools. Why would teacher unions oppose such programs? Answer: They do not.

Vocational high schools have higher graduation rates with a much larger percentage of graduates going into well-paying jobs.
The AFL-CIO Teamsters/Laborers union just needs to stay away from the schoolchildren. The kids kind of need to develop skills in the 3 R's in high school. Read the instructions right, do the math before measuring and cutting, etc.

There are community colleges that offer vocational classes, whether students stay in school to earn a degree or work themselves into a paying job with a few courses, don't call it a failure, either.

Vocational education is where it is at. I tried to talk my nephew into one.

I even offered to assist him.

Nope. Political Science major..."I'm gonna be a lawyer"

You're gonna be a short order cook.

Vocational education is where it is at. I tried to talk my nephew into one.

I even offered to assist him.

Nope. Political Science major..."I'm gonna be a lawyer"

You're gonna be a short order cook.
Maybe you should have more faith in him.

Maybe you should have more faith in him.
I am practical.

My skepticism is anchored in experience and his answers to my questions.

He is an introverted GenZ kid who does not come from wealth, getting an impractical 'rich kid' degree.

Completion of law school is at least 6 years away.

Debt accrued will be immense.

I encouraged him, if not vocational, to work toward a degree that could set him up for a job when he receives his baccalaureate.

Perhaps engineering, computer science, accounting?

Nope, not interesting, too much math.

He is a Zoomer.

Prognosis not good.

I am practical.

My skepticism is anchored in experience and his answers to my questions.

He is an introverted GenZ kid who does not come from wealth, getting an impractical 'rich kid' degree.

Completion of law school is at least 6 years away.

Debt accrued will be immense.

I encouraged him, if not vocational, to work toward a degree that could set him up for a job when he receives his baccalaureate.

Perhaps engineering, computer science, accounting?

Nope, not interesting, too much math.

He is a Zoomer.

Prognosis not good.
Lots of lawyers make a good living. Everyone follows their own path.

Was a free vocational training center in the Austin, Texas area when I lived there ~20 years ago. All sorts of programs. Nursing, accounting, construction, etc. Was actually looking into it but had to take a job sooner rather than later.
Nursing requires a 4 year college degree anymore...

It's possible to have an associates in it, but you can't go to trade school for it and just get a certificate like construction.

Overall, when viewed in the light of countering inequality, I think it's a good idea. But still, it seems to me this news intersects with my recent article on essaywritinghelp.pro, which reflects that things in this area are really the case.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back