Expand CCW Laws in New Jersey...Better dead carjackers, than Dead Carjackies

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
More guns in the hands of descent people ,is bad news for scum like this...

4 Arrested on Murder Charges in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking

HT_karif_ford_hanif_thompson_kevin_roberts_henry_basim_background_jt_131221_16x9_992.jpg

Nearly a week after a shopper was gunned down in a deadly carjacking at a New Jersey shopping mall garage, police arrested four men on charges of murder.

HT_dustin_friedland_jamie_schare_friedland_jt_131221_4x3t_384.jpg

Dustin Friedland, 30, an attorney from Hoboken, was shot in the head on Dec. 15 in front of his wife after the couple loaded their car with holiday gifts at The Mall at Short Hills, about 12 miles west of Newark.

Three of the men arrested are from Newark and were identified as Karif Ford, 31, Besim Henry, 32, Kevin Roberts, 35. The fourth suspect, Hanif Thompson, 29, is from Irvington, N.J.

4 Men Arrested on Murder Charges in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking - ABC News

Newark carjackings increase for fourth straight year

Despite continued pressure from Newark police and the assistance of federal investigators, 2012 marked the fourth straight year carjackings increased in the state’s largest city, police records show.

There were 345 carjackings in Newark last year, up slightly from 341 in 2011. Police Director Samuel DeMaio attributed the increase to the continued presence of juveniles who steal cars to joyride, then avoid serious prosecution because they are minors.

“We just had a bunch of different crews out there and it took us some time to catch them,” he said. “When they’re juveniles, even though it’s a carjacking, they’re in and out in a day.”

Newark, which in the 1990s was dubbed the carjacking capital of the United States, was on pace to see an annual drop in the crime last year. But 56 carjackings in December alone led to the overall increase, records show. Still, DeMaio took the data as a sign of progress after the crime surged to out-of-control heights in previous years.

Newark carjackings increase for fourth straight year | NJ.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_But23A9A0k]Carjacker Killed By Gun Permit Holder - YouTube[/ame]

As long as concealed-carry permits involve real-world combat shooting classes I support it. But shooting a stationary paper target is not real-world combat shooting. I wanna make sure people are prepared to shoot accurately under combat stress with shaking hands and the like.

As long as concealed-carry permits involve real-world combat shooting classes I support it. But shooting a stationary paper target is not real-world combat shooting. I wanna make sure people are prepared to shoot accurately under combat stress with shaking hands and the like.

a few dead carjackers will solve the problem in New Jersey:thup:

South Africa has a carjacking problem too. But their solution was inspired:they place flamethrowers on the undersides of their cars. :) Carjacker points the gun at you through the window, you hit a button and no more carjacker.

South Africa has a carjacking problem too. But their solution was inspired:they place flamethrowers on the undersides of their cars. :) Carjacker points the gun at you through the window, you hit a button and no more carjacker.

that was a joke right?

that was a joke right?

Nope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaster_(flamethrower)

"The Blaster (also called the "BMW Flamethrower") was a 1998 invention by South African inventor Charl Fourie designed to provide a defence against carjackings.

The invention came in response to the increasingly severe violent crime situation in South Africa, which in 1998 had already made the country (particularly Johannesburg) the per capita murder, assault, rape and carjacking capital of the world.[1] The Blaster was a liquefied petroleum gas flamethrower installed along the sides of the vehicle under the doors. Should a group of carjackers suddenly attack the vehicle while it is stopped in traffic (the typical scenario), the occupant could flip a switch and direct 5 metre plumes of flame upward into the facial area of anyone trying to enter the vehicle through the doors or windows. Fourie claims it is unlikely to kill but would "definitely blind" the assailant. In South Africa, it is legal to use lethal force in self-defence if in fear of one's life, and ownership of flamethrowers is unrestricted.

The device was controversial in South Africa, with some (including the Automobile Association of South Africa (AA)) speculating that the device might cause more carjackers to simply murder drivers with gunfire as a precautionary measure before approaching the vehicle, a tactic which was already fairly common.

In any case, the device was not banned (as is sometimes reported), but the high price tag limited its market and made it unprofitable. By 2001, only a few hundred had been sold, and the device was taken off the market by Fourie, who instead started marketing a less expensive pocket-sized "personal flamethrower".[2] 2009 statistics report the murder rate in South Africa has decreased by nearly 50% since 1999, but the assault rate has stayed steady and the carjacking and rape rates have actually increased, remaining the highest per capita in the world,[3] and there is still some use of Blaster-equipped vehicles in Johannesburg and elsewhere.

The Blaster received ample (and often satirical) media coverage from abroad. In particular, it earned its inventor the 1999 Ig Nobel Peace Prize (a parody of the real Nobel Prizes)."

South African Car Flamethrower - YouTube

Last edited:

So i guess we have to make sure the illegal gun owners have the required training as well.

Honestly, do you people enjoy seeing law abiding citizens at a disadvantage in every concivable situation?

Point of carrying a weapon is to defend yourself and others, not add lead downrange. If you can't deploy a weapon when needed with skill you're worse than useless and a legit target to those with such skills.

Point of carrying a weapon is to defend yourself and others, not add lead downrange. If you can't deploy a weapon when needed with skill you're worse than useless and a legit target to those with such skills.

Again, when you can force the people illegally using the weapons to take your required training and fill out all your required forms, then i will gladly do it myself.

Until then, if I have a clean record and pass the background check, I shouldn't have to go through hoops to get a firearm.

This isn't about obtaining a weapon, but carrying it on the street as the CCW indicated. I don't care if Billy Jo Ricky Bob has guns at home. My only concern is people adding rounds at a crowded mall type scenario because they're pumped up on adrenaline and never got taught how to shoot accurately allowing for that as with actual combat shooting classes.

This isn't about obtaining a weapon, but carrying it on the street as the CCW indicated. I don't care if Billy Jo Ricky Bob has guns at home. My only concern is people adding rounds at a crowded mall type scenario because they're pumped up on adrenaline and never got taught how to shoot accurately allowing for that as with actual combat shooting classes.

Kind of like the police?

NYPD: 9 shooting bystander victims hit by police gunfire | Fox News

All nine people wounded during a dramatic confrontation between police and a gunman outside the Empire State Building were struck by bullets fired by the two officers, police said Saturday, citing ballistics evidence.

So i guess we have to make sure the illegal gun owners have the required training as well.

Honestly, do you people enjoy seeing law abiding citizens at a disadvantage in every concivable situation?

Wrong response.

The correct response would be that such training requirements would constitute an undue burden to Second Amendment rights absent documented evidence in support.

The "argument" that criminals aren't subject to such laws is a failed and inane one.

Wrong response.

The correct response would be that such training requirements would constitute an undue burden to Second Amendment rights absent documented evidence in support.

The "argument" that criminals aren't subject to such laws is a failed and inane one.

We have been through the argument with gun grabbers on this board about undue burden, and they ignore it as usually.

This was merely to point out the fact that said undue burdens are only truly burdens on those lawful people that follow them, and not the guy pointing the hand cannon at you and demanding your wallet.

Its not that they are not subject to them, its that they dont care. Part of the whole criminal thing.

Preferably not like the police. The 'empty your magazine' technique is precisely what I'm worried about. Are pleanty of sane combat shooting schools around. Massad Ayoob and folks like that are who I had in mind.

Col. Cooper would be ideal, but I know he's unavailable...

But his training school was and remains the ideal place to learn how to shoot. And his rules then as now are apt:

1. All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.

2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy. (For those who insist that this particular gun is unloaded, see Rule 1.)

3. Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target. This is the Golden Rule. Its violation is directly responsible for about 60 percent of inadvertent discharges.

4. Identify your target, and what is behind it. Never shoot at anything that you have not positively identified.

http://www.gunsite.com/main/

Could never afford it when working, and once I quit that line of work it was unnecessary. But if people wanna carry a weapon, this or schools on par with it should be mandatory.

Forum List

Back