Exodus 22:22-24 You shall not mistreat any widow or fatherless child.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
"If you do mistreat them, and they cry out to me, I will surely hear their cry, and my wrath will burn, and I will kill you with the sword, and your wives shall become widows and your children fatherless."

Always fear the Lord, for his wrath is unlike anything Man can do to you.

And where do you see this passage applying to most today sir?

Clearly a message for its time. Clearly, an anachronism in our time. We don't have multiple wives today. We don't die by the sword today.
It is very good to study the Bible and other great works from humanity's past and its experiences. It is very necessary to use our acquired knowledge to put those works in perspective. Society thousands of years ago needed kinds of regulation that led to changes and progress. That progress evolved what new kinds of new regulation became necessary.
Today, our tax dollars pay for bombs that rain down on widows and orphans. Obviously, such exhortations from the far away past do not inhibit this and a deity's wrath does not ensue. We need something else.

"If you do mistreat them, and they cry out to me, I will surely hear their cry, and my wrath will burn, and I will kill you with the sword, and your wives shall become widows and your children fatherless."

Something to consider: Mistreated children grow up, and mistreated women become desperate. Revenge and bitterness can bring harm to the community. The passage is telling us the consequences to the community of mistreating the less fortunate.

Well, threatening to violently create even more widows and fatherless children simply had to be encouraging to all those crying out for help. Misery loves company? Blind world psychology?

Well, threatening to violently create even more widows and fatherless children simply had to be encouraging to all those crying out for help. Misery loves company? Blind world psychology?
I believe Merriweather nailed it as being cautionary. So I suspect the mistreated were encouraged that their suffering wasn't for naught. That they appreciated that what was done to them was recognized and acknowledged as wrong.

Equally important, the verse before reminds: “You shall not wrong a sojourner or oppress him"

It seems that a whole lot of "christians" forgot all about that one.

Equally important, the verse before reminds: “You shall not wrong a sojourner or oppress him"

How are you defining 'sojourner'? The etymology describes someone who is traveling through in roughly a day--not anyone seeking to settle unlawfully.

How are you defining 'sojourner'? The etymology describes someone who is traveling through in roughly a day--not anyone seeking to settle unlawfully.
Untitled drawing (27).png

View attachment 369676
So now you're in agreement with Leviticus?

I've given up pork a LONG TIME AGO. Have you?

BTW, that verse doesnt say countries cannot control their borders. It's talking about those here LEGALLY, not CRIMINALS

Brings up a side topic: We know many Egyptians and other 'sojourners' accompanied the Jews out of Egypt with Moses. Were they also present when he came down from the mountain? If so, then it means the Commandments as well as all the rest of the lessons and advice passed along applies to everybody, not just Jews. Were these 'multitudes' still with the Jews '430 years' later? A careful student will find out some interesting info by looking into the significance number 430 in Exodus and Galatians both.

that's never happened and never will - on Earth, written by cowards been that way for centuries.

Clearly a message for its time. Clearly, an anachronism in our time. We don't have multiple wives today. We don't die by the sword today.

Sometimes the sword comes from inside society, somethimes it comes in from foreign armies.

Today, our tax dollars pay for bombs that rain down on widows and orphans. Obviously, such exhortations from the far away past do not inhibit this and a deity's wrath does not ensue. We need something else.

It's called 'reaping what you sow'; when people attacked us, we attacked them back. " It rains on the just and the unjust alike" is another verse and context that applies. There is little difference in human behavior in the 'far away past' than now, same old shit, different day, so yes the same lessons need to be re-learned every single generation.

We need something else.

Like re-inventing the wheel? Modern 'libertoonism' and 'Diversity'? Is secular Russia any less oppressive than Imperial Russia? Viking Russia? Did 'rational constructivism' make Maoism and Stalinism a whole lot better than WASP values?

Equally important
Why the need for another verse? I am betting even more Americans are for legal immigration. Even more than that are probably for Speaker Pelosi welcoming them all as her close neighbors instead of her installing them as neighbors to those who live far from her. What say you?

My original point is that we all should be aware of the parameters around any Biblical verse we choose to use to make our own point, which is usually not a Biblical point.

And where do you see this passage applying to most today sir?
I'm the financial clerk for my Church.
We take care of several widows. Pay for their power bill mostly
I have a widow on my property. Her water comes from my well. And I don't charge her anything
And it's cuz I take Ex. 22 to heart.

Last edited:

Haha, a magical threat. File this steaming pile on the same shelf as voodoo dolls and gypsy curses.

Haha, a magical threat. File this steaming pile on the same shelf as voodoo dolls and gypsy curses.

Deviant faggot Fart Fun feels compelled to post and let us all know that mentally ill faggots are fine with abusing children and widows, for some reason, and they're not afraid to keep on abusing them.

So god is threatening to impale me with a sword if I don't obey what a man wrote. :blowpop:

Forum List

Back