Exclusive: Trump’s Team Setting Up Eastman to Take Blame for Jan. 6

With the Justice Department and Jan. 6 committee taking a close look at Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election, he and his cronies could certainly use a fall guy, and it looks like they’ve found their patsy: right-wing lawyer John Eastman.

Eastman worked for Trump as the attorney devised legal strategies to overturn the election to keep the outgoing president in power. But, in recent weeks, Trump has confided to those close to him that he sees no reason to publicly defend Eastman, two people familiar with the matter tell Rolling Stone. The ex-president is also deeply annoyed with Eastman and all the negative “attention” and media coverage that the lawyer’s work has brought Trump and his inner sanctum, including during the ongoing Jan. 6 hearings on Capitol Hill.

Furthermore, to those who’ve spoken Trump about Eastman in recent months, the ex-president has repeated an excuse he often uses when backed into a corner, as investigators confront him with an associates’ misdeeds: He has privately insisted he “hardly” or “barely” knows Eastman, despite the fact that he counseled Trump on taking a string of extra-legal measures in a bid to stay in power and wrote the so-called “coup memo,” which laid out the facsimile of a legal argument for reversing Trump’s election defeat.

Exhibits posted by the committee last week included excerpts of a deposition by Trump White House attorney Eric Herschmann in which he described a heated confrontation with Eastman the day after the insurrection where he told Eastman to “get a great fucking criminal defense lawyer” because “you’re going to need it.”

Shortly afterward, Eastman emailed fellow Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani to say: “I’ve decided that I should be on the pardon list, if that is still in the works.”

“Any time you give legal advice and then feel compelled to ask for a pardon, it probably wasn’t good legal advice,” says Steven Groves, formerly a lawyer and then a spokesman in Trump’s White House.

“How many lawyers did Trump have? He had several…And John Eastman has turned into the fall guy,” Mark Levin, a Fox News and radio host, said on-air last week.

On Trump’s social media forum, Truth Social, the former president has remained silent about Eastman — even as he’s come to the defense of other aides and supporters now under scrutiny for their efforts to wage a coup against Joe Biden.

Trump aides have remained similarly quiet on the subject of Eastman. His spokeswoman Liz Harrington has not mentioned the campaign lawyer since a tweet on January 6, when she hailed his speech at the rally on the mall “explain the rigged voting machine system that corrupt politicians kept in place for the GA runoffs.”
Lay down with dogs...you get fleas. Eastman deserves anything he gets.

You’re very slow. Slow people point at you and snicker. Imbeciles hoping to become moron console themselves by being thankful that they aren’t as done as you.

There was a massive protest. (Are YIU following along, Minimis? There was a much smaller group who ventured into the Capitol building. Don’t conflate the two sets, ya hapless jerkoff.

As for the Trump/August/JFK,Jr thing? Maybe put down the crack pipe for a while.
So, let me indulge your retarded logic. The "much smaller group who ventured into the Capitol building". Were they violent or not? And should they be punished? Yes or No?

Let's see who the jerkoff is.

None of which they can prove. And none of it illegal. it is symbolic.

Remember Nevada Republicans did it first and on video. Why weren't they arrested on the spot?
Were you there on Jan 6th?

So, let me indulge your retarded logic. The "much smaller group who ventured into the Capitol building". Were they violent or not? And should they be punished? Yes or No?

Let's see who the jerkoff is.
You are the jerkoff. There’s no question about that, you imbecile. 😂

My logic isn’t retarded. Your minimal grasp on how words work together is impeded by your severe mental retardation.

Many of the group that entered into the Capitol were violent. And of course they should be held accountable after the benefit of due process.

And then we can discuss the real question. Due process for what crime or crimes? Trespass? For some. For damage to property crimes? For many. Sure. For assaults? For who ever can be shown to have engaged in violence, absolutely.

I suspect that an imbecile like you imagines some “other” crimes like “sedition.” Well, put up or stfu. 😎

You’re truly tragically retarded.

“Avoiding” Trump (even if that was true) has no relationship to anybody “seeking to capture Pence on 1/6.”

:cuckoo:
LOL. Talk about retards! Not just capture Pence but hang him. Let me know if you are still confused. :itsok:

You are the jerkoff. There’s no question about that, you imbecile. 😂

My logic isn’t retarded. Your minimal grasp on how words work together is impeded by your severe mental retardation.

Many of the group that entered into the Capitol were violent. And of course they should be held accountable after the benefit of due process.

And then we can discuss the real question. Due process for what crime or crimes? Trespass? For some. For damage to property crimes? For many. Sure. For assaults? For who ever can be shown to have engaged in violence, absolutely.

I suspect that an imbecile like you imagines some “other” crimes like “sedition.” Well, put up or stfu. 😎
LOL. Good. You do admit that many of the groups that entered the Capitol were violent? Progress!

As for the due process, you fucking retard, do you know what it means? Here, let me help you out:

So far, 865 people have been charged for the Jan 6 insurrection. Out of them, 309 have entered a guilty plea. The rest will be tried in court represented by their lawyers. That is what is known as Due Process. Show me one person who has been sentenced to jail or worse without a trial. You fucking ignorant retard.

Do you get it now, retard? No? Read it a few times and when you are done, read it a few more times. You will eventually get it. Good luck. :itsok:

LOL. Talk about retards! Not just capture Pence but hang him. Let me know if you are still confused. :itsok:
Yeah. You’re beyond pathetic, little Minimus. “Hang him.” 🤣😂

The few participants who got near enough to Pence to lay a finger on him would be dead, you imbecile. See, the secret service agents carry guns. The ones you’re wetting you’re panties over had no guns. None.

Your confusion is abundant. Laughable too.

Last edited:
Look at Pence. For four years the man was trump's lap dog. But when Pence's life was in danger and trump's mob was threatening to hang him, trump was nowhere to be found. As a matter of fact, he encouraged the crowd.......Loyalty goes one way with trump
Indeed, Don T. recklessly and over-emotionally endangered the Vice-President of the United States solely because Pence stood up for what he believed was the right thing....and against Don T.'s wishes.

Hell, even the staffers within the White House during the attack urged that Don T. send out a message to calm or discourage the attackers. Instead, he Tweeted out a message at 2:24 near the height of the violence.......that enraged the crowd and re-invigorated their blood-lust for Pence's scalp. Those same staffers were dismayed by Don T.'s message, stating that he simply 'threw gasoline on the fire." THAT is not leadership. Not responsible leadership.
Everybody here who is reading this.......knows that. Whether they welcome it or not.....they know it was wrong.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah trump needs a fall guy.

Indeed x2. How many folks have we seen him throw under the bus?
They were all "idiots", 'lightweights', 'Never Trumpers', RINO's, or people..."I hardly knew", 'he was just a coffee boy', yadda, yadda, yadda.

Eastman seemingly deserves such treatment. And he should have known that tire-tracks would be his fate. Duh!!

LOL. Good. You do admit that many of the groups that entered the Capitol were violent? Progress!

As for the due process, you fucking retard, do you know what it means? Here, let me help you out:

So far, 865 people have been charged for the Jan 6 insurrection. Out of them, 309 have entered a guilty plea. The rest will be tried in court represented by their lawyers. That is what is known as Due Process. Show me one person who has been sentenced to jail or worse without a trial. You fucking ignorant retard.

Do you get it now, retard? No? Read it a few times and when you are done, read it a few more times. You will eventually get it. Good luck. :itsok:

Yeah. I’m 100% certain I know what due process is and that you don’t. See, my retarded libtard hack troll bitch friend, “due process” means many things. Not just one. And one of those things is that we don’t worry about punishment until and unless guilt is established. But you jumped right to punishment because the words “due process” have no meaning to you.

I could instruct you further, but let’s be real here. You’re what is known as educable mentally retarded. You don’t grasp even the basics.

You’re a joke and everyone reading your nonsense sees as much.

Back on point, now. I have acknowledged all along that some of the group(s) of protestors committed what appear to be crimes. The assaults were violent too. Already stipulated. What has never been intelligently demonstrated by any of you libtards is that any of it amounted to an “insurrection” or an attempt to commit an insurrection.

With the Justice Department and Jan. 6 committee taking a close look at Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election, he and his cronies could certainly use a fall guy, and it looks like they’ve found their patsy: right-wing lawyer John Eastman.

Eastman worked for Trump as the attorney devised legal strategies to overturn the election to keep the outgoing president in power. But, in recent weeks, Trump has confided to those close to him that he sees no reason to publicly defend Eastman, two people familiar with the matter tell Rolling Stone. The ex-president is also deeply annoyed with Eastman and all the negative “attention” and media coverage that the lawyer’s work has brought Trump and his inner sanctum, including during the ongoing Jan. 6 hearings on Capitol Hill.

Furthermore, to those who’ve spoken Trump about Eastman in recent months, the ex-president has repeated an excuse he often uses when backed into a corner, as investigators confront him with an associates’ misdeeds: He has privately insisted he “hardly” or “barely” knows Eastman, despite the fact that he counseled Trump on taking a string of extra-legal measures in a bid to stay in power and wrote the so-called “coup memo,” which laid out the facsimile of a legal argument for reversing Trump’s election defeat.

Exhibits posted by the committee last week included excerpts of a deposition by Trump White House attorney Eric Herschmann in which he described a heated confrontation with Eastman the day after the insurrection where he told Eastman to “get a great fucking criminal defense lawyer” because “you’re going to need it.”

Shortly afterward, Eastman emailed fellow Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani to say: “I’ve decided that I should be on the pardon list, if that is still in the works.”

“Any time you give legal advice and then feel compelled to ask for a pardon, it probably wasn’t good legal advice,” says Steven Groves, formerly a lawyer and then a spokesman in Trump’s White House.

“How many lawyers did Trump have? He had several…And John Eastman has turned into the fall guy,” Mark Levin, a Fox News and radio host, said on-air last week.

On Trump’s social media forum, Truth Social, the former president has remained silent about Eastman — even as he’s come to the defense of other aides and supporters now under scrutiny for their efforts to wage a coup against Joe Biden.

Trump aides have remained similarly quiet on the subject of Eastman. His spokeswoman Liz Harrington has not mentioned the campaign lawyer since a tweet on January 6, when she hailed his speech at the rally on the mall “explain the rigged voting machine system that corrupt politicians kept in place for the GA runoffs.”
While it would be a dark day in American history to see the Xiden DOJ try and prosecute a lawyer for giving a legal opinion....I would not be at all surprised

Now THAT'S the Donald we all know and hate.

Indeed, Don T. recklessly and over-emotionally endangered the Vice-President of the United States solely because Pence stood up for what he believed was the right thing....and against Don T.'s wishes.

Hell, even the staffers within the White House during the attack urged that Don T. send out a message to calm or discourage the attackers. Instead, he Tweeted out a message at 2:24 near the height of the violence.......that enraged the crowd and re-invigorated their blood-lust for Pence's scalp. Those same staffers were dismayed by Don T.'s message, stating that he simply 'threw gasoline on the fire." THAT is not leadership. Not responsible leadership.
Everybody here who is reading this.......knows that. Whether they welcome it or not.....they know it was wrong.

They were all "idiots", 'lightweights', 'Never Trumpers', RINO's, or people..."I hardly knew", 'he was just a coffee boy', yadda, yadda, yadda.

Eastman seemingly deserves such treatment. And he should have known that tire-tracks would be his fate. Duh!!
trump was the proverbial person who yelled "FIRE!" in a crowded theater. He knew what he was doing was threatening Pence's life...and even that of Pence's family. But trump did not care.

It is all trump...all the time. He cares little about the repub party. He cares little about the country. He will throw his most devoted supporters under the bus if it mean he will gain more power, money, or if he escapes legal peril. The man is loyal to no one and nothing....except for himself.

Eastman is toast. trump will never be elected to anything again. Georgia needs to indict him.

Eastman is toast. trump will never be elected to anything again. Georgia needs to indict him.

Goergia had TWO years to investigate a he he he..... phone call and a few texts and letters yet still no indictments shows up.

Eastman be indicted for a bad legal opinion is new idea in history of Dog and Pony show.

So, you guys still maintain Jan 6th was just some tourists having a good time? Or, was it BLM agitators and in that case, they should be punished?

I never can figure out which line you guys promote at any given time.
You know who they were then? What media told you?

It is the trump MO. You lay down with trump....you will get up dirty.

He is in the process of throwing anyone and everyone under the bus to save his own neck.

Why do people like Meadows and Rudy do trump's bidding when they know he will turn on them in a heart beat?

Forum List

Back