Exclusive: Trump’s Team Setting Up Eastman to Take Blame for Jan. 6

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
With the Justice Department and Jan. 6 committee taking a close look at Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election, he and his cronies could certainly use a fall guy, and it looks like they’ve found their patsy: right-wing lawyer John Eastman.

Eastman worked for Trump as the attorney devised legal strategies to overturn the election to keep the outgoing president in power. But, in recent weeks, Trump has confided to those close to him that he sees no reason to publicly defend Eastman, two people familiar with the matter tell Rolling Stone. The ex-president is also deeply annoyed with Eastman and all the negative “attention” and media coverage that the lawyer’s work has brought Trump and his inner sanctum, including during the ongoing Jan. 6 hearings on Capitol Hill.

Furthermore, to those who’ve spoken Trump about Eastman in recent months, the ex-president has repeated an excuse he often uses when backed into a corner, as investigators confront him with an associates’ misdeeds: He has privately insisted he “hardly” or “barely” knows Eastman, despite the fact that he counseled Trump on taking a string of extra-legal measures in a bid to stay in power and wrote the so-called “coup memo,” which laid out the facsimile of a legal argument for reversing Trump’s election defeat.

Exhibits posted by the committee last week included excerpts of a deposition by Trump White House attorney Eric Herschmann in which he described a heated confrontation with Eastman the day after the insurrection where he told Eastman to “get a great fucking criminal defense lawyer” because “you’re going to need it.”

Shortly afterward, Eastman emailed fellow Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani to say: “I’ve decided that I should be on the pardon list, if that is still in the works.”

“Any time you give legal advice and then feel compelled to ask for a pardon, it probably wasn’t good legal advice,” says Steven Groves, formerly a lawyer and then a spokesman in Trump’s White House.

“How many lawyers did Trump have? He had several…And John Eastman has turned into the fall guy,” Mark Levin, a Fox News and radio host, said on-air last week.

On Trump’s social media forum, Truth Social, the former president has remained silent about Eastman — even as he’s come to the defense of other aides and supporters now under scrutiny for their efforts to wage a coup against Joe Biden.

Trump aides have remained similarly quiet on the subject of Eastman. His spokeswoman Liz Harrington has not mentioned the campaign lawyer since a tweet on January 6, when she hailed his speech at the rally on the mall “explain the rigged voting machine system that corrupt politicians kept in place for the GA runoffs.”

Last edited:
With the Justice Department and Jan. 6 committee taking a close look at Donald Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election, he and his cronies could certainly use a fall guy, and it looks like they’ve found their patsy: right-wing lawyer John Eastman.

Eastman worked for Trump as the attorney devised legal strategies to overturn the election to keep the outgoing president in power. But, in recent weeks, Trump has confided to those close to him that he sees no reason to publicly defend Eastman, two people familiar with the matter tell Rolling Stone. The ex-president is also deeply annoyed with Eastman and all the negative “attention” and media coverage that the lawyer’s work has brought Trump and his inner sanctum, including during the ongoing Jan. 6 hearings on Capitol Hill.

Furthermore, to those who’ve spoken Trump about Eastman in recent months, the ex-president has repeated an excuse he often uses when backed into a corner, as investigators confront him with an associates’ misdeeds: He has privately insisted he “hardly” or “barely” knows Eastman, despite the fact that he counseled Trump on taking a string of extra-legal measures in a bid to stay in power and wrote the so-called “coup memo,” which laid out the facsimile of a legal argument for reversing Trump’s election defeat.

The problem is that the "coup" was dead on arrival it never even got started since all of the electors were fully Certified by December 19 which were sent to Pence for the Jan 6 Certification process.

I don't see even Eastman taking the fall since NOTHING happened!

The problem is that the "coup" was dead on arrival it never even got started since all of the electors were fully Certified by December 19 which were sent to Pence for the Jan 6 Certification process.

So, you guys still maintain Jan 6th was just some tourists having a good time? Or, was it BLM agitators and in that case, they should be punished?

I never can figure out which line you guys promote at any given time.

Last edited:
But all the AR-15s in the Capitol that day! Insurrection!! Coup!!! Coup-coup.

Rolling Stoner....The pop culture shit rag that gave us the "college rape culture" hoax.

Ron-Burgundy-Saying-I-Dont-Believe-You.gif

So, you guys still maintain Jan 6th was just some tourists raising havoc? Or, was it BLM agitators and in that case they should be punished?

I have repeatedly stated that Trump should have shut up after SCOTUS dropped the multi states lawsuit on December 12, 2019, but the dumb ass kept running off at the mouth about a "stolen lection" an argument he lost repeatedly in court.

The DOJ and the FBI have had plenty of time to build a case then to Indict and Prosecute Trump, but nothing so far.

What is stopping them?

I have repeatedly stated that Trump should have shut up after SCOTUS dropped the multi states lawsuit on December 12, 2019, but the dumb ass kept running off at the mouth about a "stolen lection" an argument he lost repeatedly in court.
Never lost in court....In fact, the only court that heard facts and evidence (WI) ruled in his favor.

The DOJ and the FBI have had plenty of time to build a case then to Indict and Prosecute Trump, but nothing so far.

What is stopping them?
Beats me. But the Jan 6th hearing is a start.

There is a reason they say... The wheels of justice turn slowly but grind exceedingly fine.

So, you guys still maintain Jan 6th was just some tourists having a good time? Or, was it BLM agitators and in that case, they should be punished?

Pay attention then.

There was no insurrection. There was some criminal behavior, though.

Exhibits posted by the committee last week included excerpts of a deposition by Trump White House attorney Eric Herschmann in which he described a heated confrontation with Eastman the day after the insurrection where he told Eastman to “get a great fucking criminal defense lawyer” because “you’re going to need it.”

Shortly afterward, Eastman emailed fellow Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani to say: “I’ve decided that I should be on the pardon list, if that is still in the works.”

“Any time you give legal advice and then feel compelled to ask for a pardon, it probably wasn’t good legal advice,” says Steven Groves, formerly a lawyer and then a spokesman in Trump’s White House.

“How many lawyers did Trump have? He had several…And John Eastman has turned into the fall guy,” Mark Levin, a Fox News and radio host, said on-air last week.

On Trump’s social media forum, Truth Social, the former president has remained silent about Eastman — even as he’s come to the defense of other aides and supporters now under scrutiny for their efforts to wage a coup against Joe Biden.

Trump aides have remained similarly quiet on the subject of Eastman. His spokeswoman Liz Harrington has not mentioned the campaign lawyer since a tweet on January 6, when she hailed his speech at the rally on the mall “explain the rigged voting machine system that corrupt politicians kept in place for the GA runoffs.”
Hey that is the same source that trashed McCain and ruined a generals career by showing him criticizing the then legitimate VP. FYI. Not credible. Gossip.

Beats me. But the Jan 6th hearing is a start.

There is a reason they say... The wheels of justice turn slowly but grind exceedingly fine.
If there’s nothing to put in the wheels you aren’t grinding anything. You’re just an idiot wasting time turning grinding wheels with no wheat. That makes you a moron.

Sure, and nobody would be prosecuted for a failed bank robery because the bank wasn't actually robbed.

Forum List

Back