Excellent analysis of post-election America

Oldguy

Sep 25, 2012
Texas
This is an article penned by Johnathan Chait, which appeared in New York magazine a couple of days ago. In it, he does a brilliant job of explaining the political mechanics and the tools available to both candidates for implementing their grand vision of America quickly after the election. It's a fascinating read for political junkies and policy wonks.

The premise is simply that this election REALLY IS about the direction this country will take in the future and that BOTH candidates will have the power to completely destroy the other party's macro-policies, their decades-long meme, within a very few months.

It's 6 pages long, so it's not for you sound-bite experts. It's just for those who really WANT to understand what's going on and why.

Barack Obama and Mitt Romney’s Economic Plan -- New York Magazine

Last edited:
This is an article penned by Johnathan Chait, which appeared in New York magazine a couple of days ago. In it, he does a brilliant job of explaining the political mechanics and the tools available to both candidates for implementing their grand vision of America quickly after the election. It's a fascinating read for political junkies and policy wonks.

The premise is simply that this election REALLY IS about the direction this country will take in the future and that BOTH candidates will have the power to completely destroy the other party's macro-policies, their decades-long meme, within a very few months.

It's 6 pages long, so it's not for you sound-bite experts. It's just for those who really WANT to understand what's going on and why.

Barack Obama and Mitt Romney’s Economic Plan -- New York Magazine
what is said it break to me as compromise look like to be dirty word whoever win.,

what is said it break to me as compromise look like to be dirty word whoever win.,

Yep, but that's the reality we live in now and nobody seems to be interested in bridging the gap. For that matter, positions are so ideologically hardened that bridging the gap may no longer be possible.

By the way, creating this very confrontation is what the GOP has worked to achieve since the Reagan Revolution. To them, it's a winner-take-all ideological battle between good and evil which must be settled once and for all.

Our kids deserve a better America than Obama sees for us.

Hating success and admiring dependency is the antithesis of who we are

Yep, but that's the reality we live in now and nobody seems to be interested in bridging the gap. For that matter, positions are so ideologically hardened that bridging the gap may no longer be possible.

By the way, creating this very confrontation is what the GOP has worked to achieve since the Reagan Revolution. To them, it's a winner-take-all ideological battle between good and evil which must be settled once and for all.

This "battle between good and evil" has reached a new level with the Obama admin. And it has been ratcheted up not by the GOP but by the racist Left.

This "battle between good and evil" has reached a new level with the Obama admin. And it has been ratcheted up not by the GOP but by the racist Left.

Show me.

Some of us already understand what's going on and why. Both Parties are controlled by International Banking and Corporate Interests. That's why Obama continued Bush's policies.

Some of us already understand what's going on and why. Both Parties are controlled by International Banking and Corporate Interests. That's why Obama continued Bush's policies.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Apparently, your understanding isn't quite as deep as you think.

Last edited:

And we're supposed to believe that you believe in bridging the gap when all you post is anti-GOP comments and partisan posts supporting Obama? :confused::cool::eusa_whistle:

I read the WHOLE article and it's partisan from the get-go but particularly from page 3 on.

The premise is simply that this election REALLY IS about the direction this country will take in the future and that BOTH candidates will have the power to completely destroy the other party's macro-policies, their decades-long meme, within a very few months. ...

If only we could come to understand that this very fact is the source of our dysfunctional politics. We've let government grow to big, too powerful, too meddlesome. When allowing someone you disagree with to take the reigns represents a real threat to your core beliefs, elections become a desperate struggle. If, on the other hand, the power of government is constrained by strict constitutional limits, it's not such a big deal who's in charge.

I believe that path toward reuniting our country depends on this principle.

I read the entire article and all I got out of it was; no matter what we do, we're screwed!

In other words, let's keep the status quo.

Right?

Show me.

It's all around us and you know it.
BTW didn't read that article, merely replying to your "battle" comment.

The premise is simply that this election REALLY IS about the direction this country will take in the future and that BOTH candidates will have the power to completely destroy the other party's macro-policies, their decades-long meme, within a very few months. ...

If only we could come to understand that this very fact is the source of our dysfunctional politics. We've let government grow to big, too powerful, too meddlesome. When allowing someone you disagree with to take the reigns represents a real threat to your core beliefs, elections become a desperate struggle. If, on the other hand, the power of government is constrained by strict constitutional limits, it's not such a big deal who's in charge.

I believe that path toward reuniting our country depends on this principle.

But, this battle has been, and is being waged, under the Constitution and in line with its principles. It is only empowered because WE have become accustomed to voting them into office based upon their ideologies rather than our own self-interest. And, it's about to happen again.

And we're supposed to believe that you believe in bridging the gap when all you post is anti-GOP comments and partisan posts supporting Obama? :confused::cool::eusa_whistle:

I read the WHOLE article and it's partisan from the get-go but particularly from page 3 on.

Be careful that you're not seeing what you want to see. It was pretty straight forward to me, revealing the post-election plans of both sides quite clearly.

I read the entire article and all I got out of it was; no matter what we do, we're screwed!

In other words, let's keep the status quo.

Right?

The status quo isn't going to survive this election, no matter which candidate wins.

If God forbid but Allah willing, Obama wins, taxes go up and the military gets gutted

Forum List

Back