Examining A Modern Miracle

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
The most difficult part of this OP was deciding whether it belongs in Politics, Religion, or Science.....it has elements of each one.

Let's see....

1. 'Drawing upon biblical language, Abraham Lincoln described the Declaration of Independence as an “apple of gold,” and the Constitution as the “frame of silver” around it.' https://online.hillsdale.edu/document.doc?id=279

The reference to biblical language is appropriate today, as the victory of Donald Trump is nothing short of a modern-day miracle.

mir·a·cle
ˈmirək(ə)l/
noun

a highly improbable or extraordinary event, development, or accomplishment that brings very welcome consequences.
Google.

2. How 'improbable'?
Well....let's let the science of statistics, subheading 'polling,' to tell us just how highly improbable or extraordinary:

a. " Based on the history of U.S. Presidential elections going back to 1980, Clinton’s lead looks formidable. In fact, according to FiveThirtyEight, the probability of Trump winning is now down to just 12.7%."
3 Unlikely Ways Donald Trump Could Win

b. Clinton has 90 percent chance of winning: Reuters/Ipsos States of the ...
Clinton has 90 percent chance of winning: Reuters/Ipsos States of the Nation

c." MSNBC News:Scientist predicts 99% chance of Clinton win"

d. And this bit of wisdom from one of the board dunces, the day before the election:
"She's already won, you just don't know it yet."
Will You Vote For Survival, Or Vote For Death.

Yup....that improbable.

3. Donald Trump, the first true citizen-politician in my memory, had to fight the media, the talking heads, the Democrats/Liberals who control the popular culture- with a $ billion campaign budget, and even the party that....reluctantly....gave him the nomination.

And while there were a handful of intrepid souls who claimed to believe that he would win the presidency.....one had the sense that even those supporters were simply whistling past the graveyard.

How to explain this miracle?
Coming right up....

Last edited:
The most difficult part of this OP was deciding whether it belongs in Politics, Religion, or Science.....it has elements of each one.

Let's see....

1. 'Drawing upon biblical language, Abraham Lincoln described the Declaration of Independence as an “apple of gold,” and the Constitution as the “frame of silver” around it.' https://online.hillsdale.edu/document.doc?id=279

The reference to biblical language is appropriate today, as the victor of Donald Trump is nothing short of a modern-day miracle.

mir·a·cle
ˈmirək(ə)l/
noun

a highly improbable or extraordinary event, development, or accomplishment that brings very welcome consequences.
Google.

2. How 'improbable'?
Well....let's let the science of statistics, subheading 'polling,' to tell us just how highly improbable or extraordinary:

a. " Based on the history of U.S. Presidential elections going back to 1980, Clinton’s lead looks formidable. In fact, according to FiveThirtyEight, the probability of Trump winning is now down to just 12.7%."

d. And this wisdom from one of the board dunces, the day before the election:

Yup....that improbable.

3. Donald Trump, the first true citizen-politician in my memory, had to fight the media, the talking heads, the Democrats/Liberals who control the popular culture- with a $ billion campaign budget, and even the party that....reluctantly....gave him the nomination.

And while there were a handful of intrepid souls who claimed to believe that he would win the presidency.....one had the sense that even those supporters were simply whistling past the graveyard.

Coming right up....

The people were sick of lying scum.

Let's see....

The reference to biblical language is appropriate today, as the victor of Donald Trump is nothing short of a modern-day miracle.

mir·a·cle
ˈmirək(ə)l/
noun

Google.

2. How 'improbable'?

d. And this wisdom from one of the board dunces, the day before the election:

Yup....that improbable.

Coming right up....

The people were sick of lying scum.

Could be, mikey....

...but nearly 66 million voted for the "lying scum" less than four years ago.

I have an explanation that, I believe, is more consistent with the history of this nation....

Something like this....
“I am the LORD; I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you; I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations,"
Isaiah 42:6

No, it wasn't a miracle. Trump got to the left of Clinton on trade, imports, jobs, etc. and Trump took a huge chunk of the union vote away from Clinton.

It's no miracle when an electoral college elects a president....but not the popular vote...

"....an electoral college elects a president."
So kind of you to reprise the United States Constitution....or, did you imagine that you just thought that up?

"A person does not need to have a Church calling, an invitation to help someone, or even good health to become an instrument in God’s hands."
Don R. Clarke

Better sit down when you read this...
...as much a stretch as it appears....even you might be such an instrument....

.....some day.

"A person does not need to have a Church calling, an invitation to help someone, or even good health to become an instrument in God’s hands."
Don R. Clarke
I see you think Oblama was a godsend also, right, nothing but illogical conclusions with this one....

Don R. Clarke
I see you think Oblama was a godsend also, right, nothing but illogical conclusions with this one....

"I see you think Oblama was a godsend also,..."

Consider this an exercise in your learning to incorporate logic in your posts....a characteristic absent up to now....

Please.....attempt to close the loop on this post, and

a. explain how Obama is an instrument of God

b. quote where I said this

Now....focus like a laser...but be forewarned........if this is the first time you've tried to think you could wind up with an aneurysm!

4. How would our Founders have explained this 'miracle'?
Well....one can get an idea for their view from the “apple of gold,” the Declaration of Independence.

There are four references to ‘Divine’ in the Declaration of Independence:

1) in first paragraph ‘Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God,’

2) next paragraph ‘endowed by their Creator,”

3) Supreme Judge of the world, and

4) ‘divine’ Providence, last paragraph.

This is important because our historic documents memorialize a government based on individuals born with inalienable rights, by, in various references, by the Divine, or Nature’s God, or their Creator, or the Supreme Judge, or divine Providence.

The Founders would have taken a look at the odds against a Trump victory, the result....and chalked it up to the hand of Providence.

And I'd agree.

Don R. Clarke

Consider this an exercise in your learning to incorporate logic in your posts....a characteristic absent up to now....

Now....focus like a laser...but be forewarned........if this is the first time you've tried to think you could wind up with an aneurysm!
Every presidential election is about the hand of god masturbating the US to yet another century of imperialism....

Don R. Clarke

Every presidential election is about the hand of god masturbating the US to yet another century of imperialism....

You couldn't resist inserting some disgusting element into what was, at least from my side, an intellectual endeavor.

But...with Leftists....it's a leopard and spots thing.

Now...the absurd slander ..."the US to yet another century of imperialism..."....one more example of how disgusting your Leftists are.

Case in point:

"Far from being the Great Satan, I would say that we are the Great Protector. We have sent men and women from the armed forces of the United States to other parts of the world throughout the past century to put down oppression. We defeated Fascism. We defeated Communism. We saved Europe in World War I and World War II. We were willing to do it, glad to do it. We went to Korea. We went to Vietnam. All in the interest of preserving the rights of people.
And when all those conflicts were over, what did we do? Did we stay and conquer? Did we say, "Okay, we defeated Germany. Now Germany belongs to us? We defeated Japan, so Japan belongs to us"? No. What did we do? We built them up. We gave them democratic systems which they have embraced totally to their soul. And did we ask for any land? No, the only land we ever asked for was enough land to bury our dead. And that is the kind of nation we are."
Colin Powell

Oh....and BTW.....this is what Democrat/Racist Bill Clinton said of Powell...
. "… President Bill Clinton argued that Colin Powell, promoted to brigadier general during Mr. Alexander’s tenure, was the product of an affirmative action program."
http://cdn.virtuallearningcourses.com/ivtcontent/images/edw12_ch05_e.pdf

Get it? Powell didn't deserve it according to Bill Clinton....too uppity for him, huh?

So....on a scale of 9 to 10....how disgusting are you?

5. Well...people have been trained, in this secular society, to scoff at what many still call God, and bridle at the idea of a God who changes the course of events.....especially modern events.

But...first things first: observe the event.....the Trump victory....and admit how unlikely it was.

Then, consider this:

In the book of Exodus, we find Moses up on Mount Sinai, when he sees a bush, on fire, yet not being consumed by the flames. Moses has a colloquy with himself, commenting on the incident…actually saying ‘Look at that great thing!’
Only after he comments on the event does God call to him…and he replies ‘Here I am.”

The explanation of that passage is that God wanted him to notice the remarkable occurrence.
We call such events 'miracles.'

First.....recognize the stunning victory by Trump for what it is....
....a modern-day miracle.

6. A look at the results of the voting on Election Day reveals how the slightest touch could have shifted the results either way.

"Add just 1 percent to Clinton’s vote share and take 1 percent away from Trump’s, and she would have won Florida and Pennsylvania, therefore would probably have been on her way to a narrow Electoral College victory." 2016 Election Night

Total electoral: 279-228

Take a look at how precariously those 63 electoral votes rested.....

State % Clinton % Trump Electoral Votes
New Hampshire 47.5 47.4 4
Pennsylvania 47.7 48.8 20
Wisconsin 46.9 47.9 10
Florida 47.7 49.1 29
http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/president

We've been given a gift....again.

It remains to be seen how America responds to the opportunity we've been given as a result of this modern miracle.

Forum List

Back