ex governor mcdonnell indicted

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Former Virginia governor Bob McDonnell and his wife, Maureen, were indicted Tuesday for illegally accepting gifts and loans from a political donor.

The charges against the couple were outlined in a document filed by the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia that details how the McDonnell and his wife accepted more than $135,000 in gifts and loans, trips and other items from Jonnie Williams Sr., former CEO of Star Scientific

The 14-count indictment, filed on Tuesday, charges McDonnell and his wife, Maureen, with a wide array of official corruption.

Ex-Va. governor McDonnell, wife charged in gift scandal

Last edited:
Republican politicians currently have a slightly better reputation than Satan, but I predict Satan will be pulling ahead by the 2014 election cycle

Suppressing the black vote, restricting women's reproductive rights, trying to allow uranium mining, selling our tunnel to a foreign company for 58 years, raising sales taxes on the middle class, refusing to expand Medicaid for 400,000 Virginians, government force transvaginal probes, and taking bribes.

McDonnell was a disaster.

Not a peep out of the righties on this story.

I should have expected as much.

If you read McDonnell's official statement, you notice he keeps saying he did nothing illegal.

"I deeply regret accepting legal gifts and loans..."

"...I repeat emphatically that I did nothing illegal..."

"We did not violate the law..."

You see what he did there?

He never says he did nothing wrong.

The gift scandal exposed the lax ethics regulations in place in Virginia. The House of Delegates now wants to place a $250 limit on gifts from lobbyists and others who do business with the Commonwealth. Legislators also say they want to establish a commission to advise and train elected officials about ethics and conflict-of-interest laws.

Last edited:
Not a peep out of the righties on this story.

I should have expected as much.

Peep

What do you want? If he's guilty he'll be punished. Pro abortion and phony racist rants really not worth addressing

And Barney frank sucks cock
We all have our faults
Nothing to see here folks
Move along...

Just saw McDonnell make a statement on TV. He's now a blond. The man really needs a professional hair colorist instead of loving hands at home.

I don't think they'll serve a day behind bars.

Perhaps a deal will be brokered, but I don't see it happening for some time. First Virginia and now New Jersey...wow. Virginia is a solid swing state. This will not fare well for the GOP in coming national elections.,,,like anything could help them nationally.....:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back