Ewww! Will somebody please feed this child?

Abbey Normal

Jul 9, 2005
Mid-Atlantic region
"A model presents a creation for French fashion house Guy Laroche as part of their Spring/Summer 2007
ready-to-wear fashion collection in Paris October 7, 2006."
REUTERS/Charles Platiau (FRANCE)

r1556750300.jpg

Okay, I'll make a donation to the starving models fund.

What's totally weird is that the outfit they are trying to sell looks god-awful on her, and looks about to fall off altogether.

I live in jeans and T-shirts so I guess I need to shut up about fashion but whatever that girl is wearing is totally overwhelmed by bones.

"A model presents a creation for French fashion house Guy Laroche as part of their Spring/Summer 2007

r1556750300.jpg

the GPG big boned model would snap her like a twig.....

if you had to have sex with the twig or the BBG which would you pick?

r1556750300.jpg

If she would eat and get her blood sugar up, maybe she wouldn't be so depressed.

It's no wonder she has dark circles under eyes. And that's probably even with a boat load of makeup to cover them up.

In all seriousmess, it's disgraceful to let a young woman starve for some man's verison of high fashion. I understand that these agencies/fashion houses closely monitor their models' food intake. Shame.

:thumbdown:

It's no wonder she has dark circles under eyes. And that's probably even with a boat load of makeup to cover them up.

In all seriousmess, it's disgraceful to let a young woman starve for some man's verison of high fashion. I understand that these agencies/fashion houses closely monitor their models' food intake. Shame.

:thumbdown:

Whoa Abbey--she's after the bucks--nobody took any food away from her.

Whoa Abbey--she's after the bucks--nobody took any food away from her.

Regardless of the money aspect, I've seen more than one model on TV talking about how they get in trouble if they eat more than enough to survive on. These girls start very young, before they can make sound judgments, and then they have to play by the rules.

Regardless of the money aspect, I've seen more than one model on TV talking about how they get in trouble if they eat more than enough to survive on. These girls start very young, before they can make sound judgments, and then they have to play by the rules.

I never thought I would see the day when you would buy into victimization.

Those Jon-Benet-type moms are very scary. :fifty:
not all of them. my husband's cousin Cassie did those shows, but she did it because she liked the dress-up part. Her mom entered her in one, and she won first place. Cassie wanted to do it again. If she didn't want to go, she didn't have to. She even won one year and was one of the 'royalty' of Blaine, MN-not like that is a real big deal, but it was to her-she got to be a princess for a year and it was just fun for her-wearing pretty dresses and wearing a tiny amount of makeup. She got a small scholarship as well. Her mom, Tim's aunt, didn't push her at all. She just said that when it stops being fun is the time to stop.

She still does pageants every so often, but when school is in, she is only allowed one extra-curr activity per season, so she usually sticks with ice skating and soccer.

Its when the moms get obsessive because they wanted to do stuff like that when they were kids, so they live it through their kids, and make them do it whether they want to or not and put too much emphasis on winning, thinking this will be their ticket out of whatever situation they are in to retirement. This also goes with sports-parents too.

Forum List

Back