EV's cost more to refuel than conventional cars!!

Yup, studies that say charging an EV is cheaper than petrol/diesel is because they only factor in residential electric cost. Once you have to start using charge points located away from home, that's when the price shoots up. As the tax of petrol and diesel reduces, EV's will have to start paying a 'tax per mile'.

I have my fingers crossed that a better technology comes out to replace these useless EV's.
Yes, that is how we support our road system, a user tax. I have no problem with that. Even using commercial chargers, the cost per mile is way cheaper than gas or diesel.

"They found that the national average EV charging cost ranges from eight cents per kilowatt-hour (kWh) to 27 cents per kWh, with an average of 15 cents per kWh.Aug 31, 2020"

So for a full 100 kw/hr charge for 300 miles of range, that is $8.00 to $27.00. At 25 mpg, that is the equivalent of 12 gallons. At $3.50 per gallon that is $42.00. So at the max price, the EV is still cheaper to fuel.

But then why isnt anybody buying EV's?

14 million vehicles sold last year........only 226,000 Tesla's. I mean c'mon now dude......youre not a serious person.

And the boobs on social media yesterday touting Tesla getting 100,000 orders. Do the math..........still laughable.

Whats that about "special kind of stupid"?? :abgg2q.jpg:
How many cars were sold 1900-10? You remind me of the “get a horse” crowd. :rolleyes-41:

Is anyone beside a Prog Dupe surprised by this?

Yes, that is how we support our road system, a user tax. I have no problem with that. Even using commercial chargers, the cost per mile is way cheaper than gas or diesel.

"They found that the national average EV charging cost ranges from eight cents per kilowatt-hour (kWh) to 27 cents per kWh, with an average of 15 cents per kWh.Aug 31, 2020"

So for a full 100 kw/hr charge for 300 miles of range, that is $8.00 to $27.00. At 25 mpg, that is the equivalent of 12 gallons. At $3.50 per gallon that is $42.00. So at the max price, the EV is still cheaper to fuel.
ECB97251-2370-418F-94D7-F808C77795C7.jpeg

And you thought smoking at the pump was bad. LOL.

Again......EV sales are laughable. I mean, c'mon now.......Tesla sold 226,000 last year and 14 million cars were sold.

The #'s dont lie........ https://cleantechnica.com/2021/02/08/2020-us-electric-vehicle-sales-report/

Not to mention just via anecdotal evidence........when you are driving around this weekend, take a gander at what you see drive past you. Once in a blue moon, an EV drives by. :abgg2q.jpg:

Should come as no surprise........the styling could not possibly be any less appealing. They are a hassle. The reliability blows. Interior quality sucks........dont take my word for it. Go sit in one when you get chance.

Quick as fcuk? For sure.......but few buy cars just based upon 0-60 times ( after 90mph, my fbo Coyote runs down a Model 3 like its driving backwards :eusa_dance:)

Again......EV sales are laughable. I mean, c'mon now.......Tesla sold 226,000 last year and 14 million cars were sold.

The #'s dont lie........ https://cleantechnica.com/2021/02/08/2020-us-electric-vehicle-sales-report/

Not to mention just via anecdotal evidence........when you are driving around this weekend, take a gander at what you see drive past you. Once in a blue moon, an EV drives by. :abgg2q.jpg:

Should come as no surprise........the styling could not possibly be any less appealing. They are a hassle. The reliability blows. Interior quality sucks........dont take my word for it. Go sit in one when you get chance.

Quick as fcuk? For sure.......but few buy cars just based upon 0-60 times ( after 90mph, my fbo Coyote runs down a Model 3 like its driving backwards :eusa_dance:)
LOL Again, Tesla has sold everything they have produced. In fact, they have sold their production well into 2022. And yet, with all those shortcomings you listed, Tesla has the highest consumer satisfaction of any car brand.

LOL Again, Tesla has sold everything they have produced. In fact, they have sold their production well into 2022. And yet, with all those shortcomings you listed, Tesla has the highest consumer satisfaction of any car brand.

But the only thing that matters is future buyers, not current owners......d0y.

226,000 sales is a joke :eusa_dance:

Do not charge—exchange instead

There is a better and easier way to get your car battery charged.
Just exchange your discharged battery with a charged one.

Just like in a car wash, drive between the rails, stop when the red light comes on and sit while your discharged battery is exchanged with a charged one.

1661376106319.png

It will take you less time than you spend filling a car with gas

the whole article in car and driver is about what total BS the study is, just more right wing garbage propaganda, brainwashed functional moron. Unbelievable

AC is what you have at home. A normal power point can only have 1.4kW to 2.4kW of power flowing through at any given time,.

An EV takes approx 60kW to charge from flat to full battery. -- the average suburban home uses approx 25kW of electricity in an entire day.

This means in most EVs it can take between 25 and 45 hours to fully charge. This roughly equates to about 15km per hour of charge.

AC is what you have at home. A normal power point can only have 1.4kW to 2.4kW of power flowing through at any given time,.

An EV takes approx 60kW to charge from flat to full battery. -- the average suburban home uses approx 25kW of electricity in an entire day.

This means in most EVs it can take between 25 and 45 hours to fully charge. This roughly equates to about 15km per hour of charge.
Congratulations, you have no idea what you are talking about as always. It costs a couple or $3 to charge a car and they have it down to like half an hour on some EV's. And it's going to get better overall quickly

Congratulations, you have no idea what you are talking about as always. It costs a couple or $3 to charge a car and they have it down to like half an hour on some EV's. And it's going to get better overall quickly

Physics says you're wrong.

You can only charge a battery faster, by introducing more current. More current means more heat and there is a physical limit to how much power a battery can take without damage.

Average electricity prices today are just under 14 cents per kW. Three dollars will get you approx 24kW, about 1/3 or the total battery capacity. Not anywhere near a full charge, only sufficient for approximately 100kms.

Physics says you're wrong.

You can only charge a battery faster, by introducing more current. More current means more heat and there is a physical limit to how much power a battery can take without damage.

Average electricity prices today are just under 14 cents per kW. Three dollars will get you approx 24kW, about 1/3 or the total battery capacity. Not anywhere near a full charge, only sufficient for approximately 100kms.

How Much Does it Cost to Charge an Electric Car?

Mar 29, 2022 · Using the U.S. household average from January 2022 of nearly 14 cents per kWh, it would cost about $55 per month to charge an electric car. …

Forum List

Back