Evidence that universe created itself

There are theories, such as String Theory. There is a theory that White Holes exist - the opposite of Black Holes, and mathematically possible. Instead of sucking in matter like Black Holes, White Holes shoot out matter. So our particular universe could have simply exploded out of the ass end of one of those.

The brilliant Lawrence Krauss has a new book out on this, "A Universe From Nothing", https://www.amazon.com/Universe-Nothing-There-Something-Rather/dp/1451624468&tag=ff0d01-20

That's the beauty and fun of science: You always get to be curious, challenge yourself, ask questions, think, experiment, and admit that you don't have all the answers. Awesome!

• Banned
Then what created the original universe?

What ya got?
The universe was created. What created it? We have scientific theories based on evidence. We don't know if "the universe created itself", whatever that means.

Have you ever considered our universe is just one bubble in an endless Sea of bubbles? Like a lava lamp.

So we don't know definitively.

But you do? Do you have evidence? The Bible doesn't count. I don't care what men said 1500 years ago

There are theories, such as String Theory. There is a theory that White Holes exist - the opposite of Black Holes, and mathematically possible. Instead of sucking in matter like Black Holes, White Holes shoot out matter. So our particular universe could have simply exploded out of the ass end of one of those.

The brilliant Lawrence Krauss has a new book out on this, "A Universe From Nothing", https://www.amazon.com/Universe-Nothing-There-Something-Rather/dp/1451624468&tag=ff0d01-20

That's the beauty and fun of science: You always get to be curious, challenge yourself, ask questions, think, experiment, and admit that you don't have all the answers. Awesome!
Well, except when it comes to "climate chage", the "science" is settled

Well, except when it comes to "climate chage", the "science" is settled
Well, once a topic becomes politicized it becomes polluted, polarized, simplified and essentially impossible to examine honestly.

There is certainly "settled science", but now that this particular issue is political we have to start parsing the term "settled".

:rolleyes-41:

What ya got?

What I've got is a pack of playing cards. In this pack there are a trillion trillion different suits, and each suit has a trillion trillion different cards, or perhaps more.

And I ask you to pick one of the cards and tell me which card it is.

You tell me it's the ace of spades (ie, you're saying God created the universe), the chances you are right is so small.

But here's what I've got.

If the universe is so complex it has to have been created by a being or god of some sort, then this being or god has to have been created by something, which in turn has to have been created by something, which in turn has to have been created by something. So, you can keep going back as far as you like. The logic that the universe was created by somebody or something doesn't wash.

If the universe couldn't have created itself, then the god who created the universe couldn't have created itself, and whoever created that god couldn't have created itself either.

So, you're really at a dead end.

If the universe couldn't have created itself, then the god who created the universe couldn't have created itself, and whoever created that god couldn't have created itself either.

Poor little tailless and hairless monkey, no deist beliefs God is created. But, you think the universe is created. Does your little simian brain now see the problem with one of the problems with your attempt to deflect the question?

Stephen Hawking, a mentally and physically disabled man bizarrely regarded as a genius by tailless and hairless monkeys, cited gravity as proof the universe create itself. "Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing." - Hawking.

Poor little tailless and hairless monkey, no deist beliefs God is created. But, you think the universe is created. Does your little simian brain now see the problem with one of the problems with your attempt to deflect the question?

Deflect the question? You didn't respond to what I wrote, that's deflection.

If a god can appear out of nowhere, then the universe can appear out of nowhere. It's simple.

Stephen Hawking, a mentally and physically disabled man bizarrely regarded as a genius by tailless and hairless monkeys, cited gravity as proof the universe create itself. "Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing." - Hawking.

Yeah, and you think you know better than Steven Hawking, which shows more about you than Stephen Hawking.

I'd like to believe that the universe created itself, but I just don't have faith in such superstitions.

What ya got?

What I've got is a pack of playing cards. In this pack there are a trillion trillion different suits, and each suit has a trillion trillion different cards, or perhaps more.

And I ask you to pick one of the cards and tell me which card it is.

You tell me it's the ace of spades (ie, you're saying God created the universe), the chances you are right is so small.

But here's what I've got.

If the universe is so complex it has to have been created by a being or god of some sort, then this being or god has to have been created by something, which in turn has to have been created by something, which in turn has to have been created by something. So, you can keep going back as far as you like. The logic that the universe was created by somebody or something doesn't wash.

So, you're really at a dead end.
No need for a creator. The universe is etenal.

Not this universe but the Cosmos. All the universes. Because there must be more beyond our universe. If not then you are putting god in a box. The box being our universe.

And no I don't believe there's another me in another universe. Each universe is like a snowflake. No two the same.

Our bubble/ universe is expanding? Maybe one day it will die. It's last stars burn out and our universe is obsorbed into the dark matter like a bubble in a lava lamp.

Who knows? No one. But it's funny when religious people mock our theories when they claim to have all the answers. They claim to know. Well they don't. Christianity is just another made up religion.

No need for a creator. The universe is etenal.

Not this universe but the Cosmos.

So, you believe, without evidence, in an infinite "cosmos"?

Maybe you can answer this: If something as limited and insignificant as humans can have intelligence, why can't an infinite cosmos have intelligence?

New Topics

Forum List

Back