Everything but Hate Crime Charge

USMCDevilDog

Jul 8, 2005
Alexandria, Virginia
So, why are these black individuals not being charged with a Hate Crime ontop of everything else they did to the white couple? Guess, it's not a hate crime when black people murder whites, but ey, if it's a white dude killin a black guy, its automatically a hate crime...what the hell.

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=6023706

Four suspects charged with murder in Knoxville double slaying

February 1, 2007

KNOXVILLE (WATE) -- Four suspects, including a woman arrested in Kentucky Wednesday night, are now facing murder, rape and kidnapping charges in the double slaying of a young Knoxville couple.

But the location of the carjacking that began the series of charges in the investigation and why it happened is still being kept quiet.

The suspects were indicted Thursday in Knox County, separate from the federal charges some of the men already face relating to the carjacking. The rape charges involve both murder victims, Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom.

Lemaricus Davidson faces 46 counts including felony murder, premeditated murder, aggravated robbery, aggravated kidnapping, aggravated rape and theft.

Letalvis Cobbins faces 46 counts including 16 counts of felony murder, two counts of premeditated murder, two counts of especially aggravated robbery, four counts of especially aggravated kidnapping, 20 counts of aggravated rape and two counts of theft.

George Thomas faces 46 counts including 16 counts of felony murder, two counts of premeditated murder, two counts of especially aggravated robbery, four counts of especially aggravated kidnapping, 20 counts of aggravated rape and two counts of theft.

Vanessa Lynn Coleman, 18, faces 40 counts including 12 counts of felony murder, one count of premeditated murder, one count of especially aggravated robbery, four counts of especially aggravated kidnapping, 20 counts of aggravated rape and two counts of theft.

Although there were two murder victims in this case, three of the suspects face 16 counts of felony murder each. That's because Davidson, Cobbins Thomas are accused of killing Christian and Newsom while committing other crimes.

And all of those add up. For example, kidnapping a victim and then killing him is one count.

Raping a victim and killing him is counted separately. All three are accused of kidnap, rape, robbery and theft while committing murder.

One suspect charged in the federal case does not face charges in the Knox County indictment. He is Eric Boyd.

The new charges are in a 46-page indictment released Thursday evening at a press conference by the Knox County District Attorney General's Office.

District Attorney General Randy Nichols says he is working closely with the U.S. Attorney's Office since the suspects are charged both locally and federally. He says he doesn't expect any more arrests in this investigation.

When asked if he expected change of venue motions from the defense due to media coverage, Nichols said, "I personally would like the opportunity for 12 citizens of Knox County to hear this evidence and make a decision on the guilt or innocence of these individuals. That is my goal."

Vanessa Coleman hasn't been charged in this investigation until now. She was arrested in Lebanon, Kentucky around 11:30 Wednesday night.

Coleman was arrested on a warrant as a fugitive from justice in another state. She's being held in the Marion County, Kentucky Detention Facility without bond.

An extradition hearing is scheduled for Coleman Friday morning in Kentucky. She could waive the hearing and be brought back to Tennessee immediately. Or she could fight extradition and a hearing would be set.

Coleman is one of three suspects arrested in this case in Lebanon, Kentucky. Letalvis Cobbins and George Thomas were also arrested there.

Coleman was identified but not charged in an affidavit and search warrant released to the public on January 25 as part of federal charges. 6 News did not reveal her identity at that time because she was not charged. (In the affidavit attached to this report, her name is covered.)

The murdered couple was last seen on a date on the night of January 6. They were carjacked by sometime early the next morning.

Christopher Newsom's body was found the next day. It was bound, shot and burned, along the railroad tracks near 9th Ave.

Investigators say Newsom's body smelled of gasoline.

Channon Christian's body was found three days after the couple disappeared. Investigators say it was in a large plastic garbage can in Davidson's house on Chipman Street. Her body was in five separate dark trash bags.

There was evidence that Christian had been bound, physically assaulted and raped. Also, the Knox County medical examiner found apparent carpet fibers in her hair.

Vanessa Coleman told investigators she was at the Chipman Street house while Christian was being held there. She said she witnessed Christian's mouth being cleaned with a bottle of some type of cleaner.

Coleman also told investigators she saw clothes that were stained with blood and smelled of gas being put in the washing machine at the house.

The next step in court process will be an arraignment of the suspects. No specific date has been set but the DA it should occur in the next week to 10 days.

6 News Reporter Sonu Wasu and Anchor/Reporter John Haney contributed to this report.

There has to be evidence the crime was commited because of the Race of the victims.

There is nothing in that article sugesting it was.

Learn the laws and you will understand these things better.

There has to be evidence the crime was commited because of the Race of the victims.

There is nothing in that article sugesting it was.

Learn the laws and you will understand these things better.

Would you be persuaded a hate crime occurred if the evidence showed it?

I doubt it. In your mind, whites deserve whatever blacks do them because whites = bad, blacks = good. So what's the point?

I wouldnt take that job as a mind reader if I were you you wont make much money.

You see you see the world through a pair of shit smeared glasses.

You view the world as hate filled.

Hey its your life you have te right to do so.

Just dont expect the rest of us to reach into the toilet and grab one of those turds and start smearing.

I see hate only wear it really is not wear I want it to be.

The people who did this are utter scumbags.

They are not scumbags because their skin is a different hue than yours.

They are not scumbags because you hate them.

They are not scumbags because they have course hair.

They are not scumbags because their noses are broader than yours.

They are not scumbags because they were likely desended from slaves.'

They are scumbags because they have lost their humanity by harming other human beings for money ,sex ,goods.

They are scumbags because they saw other human being as less than them, deserving no pitty , no kindness no fairness.

They are scumbags for their actions.

You are not much differnet than them because you have lost your humanity by seeing other human beings as less then yourself.

This society has determined that you can feel that way about other people but cannot step over the line and treat others that way.

It means the full force ot the law will come down on them.

The full force of the law will come down on you to if you step over the line and act on your hate and stupidity.

I wouldnt take that job as a mind reader if I were you you wont make much money.

You see you see the world through a pair of shit smeared glasses.

You view the world as hate filled.

Hey its your life you have te right to do so.

Just dont expect the rest of us to reach into the toilet and grab one of those turds and start smearing.

I see hate only wear it really is not wear I want it to be.

The people who did this are utter scumbags.

They are not scumbags because their skin is a different hue than yours.

They are not scumbags because you hate them.

They are not scumbags because they have course hair.

They are not scumbags because their noses are broader than yours.

They are not scumbags because they were likely desended from slaves.'

They are scumbags because they have lost their humanity by harming other human beings for money ,sex ,goods.

They are scumbags because they saw other human being as less than them, deserving no pitty , no kindness no fairness.

They are scumbags for their actions.

You are not much differnet than them because you have lost your humanity by seeing other human beings as less then yourself.

This society has determined that you can feel that way about other people but cannot step over the line and treat others that way.

It means the full force ot the law will come down on them.

The full force of the law will come down on you to if you step over the line and act on your hate and stupidity.

Dude, get off your soapbox. If ANYONE's got on shit-smeared glasses, it's YOU, denying the obvious. No mind-reading ability required. If the victims had been black and the perps white ... there'd be riots in the streets if they WEREN'T charged with hate crimes.

As far as mind-reading goes, you are 0-for-however many times you've tried it on me. You go on this long-winded rant based on your assumption that I am a racist when I am not by any means, nor does my statement reflect such. That's just a lame accusation in lieu of a legitimate argument on your part.

Yeah, the criminals are scumbags because of their crimes, not the color of their skin. So? What's your point?

So go get me proof of that statement.

Bring me a case that did not involve a racist motivation where the defendent was charged as such?

Gunny I had not even seen your posts when I typed that.

I guess your no mind reader either

Gunny I had not even seen your posts when I typed that.

I guess your no mind reader either

Your post follows directly after one of mine. Again, no mind-reading required. It quotes no one, nor addresses anyone by ID/name. One of those methods should be used; especially, when making accusations.

Gunny,

your first post on this one was at 2:16, your second at 2:18

I posted this at 2:20.

I was typing this and not reading the new posts.

That whole post was for this snowman charactor who from all Ive seen of him is a racist asshole.

I dont think you are a racist asshole.

I have never seen anything from you to make me think so and usally people who have served have served with people of color and KNOW some are good and some are bad just like any ther color.

Gunny,

your first post on this one was at 2:16, your second at 2:18

I posted this at 2:20.

I was typing this and not reading the new posts.

That whole post was for this snowman charactor who from all Ive seen of him is a racist asshole.

I dont think you are a racist asshole.

I have never seen anything from you to make me think so and usally people who have served have served with people of color and KNOW some are good and some are bad just like any ther color.

And what has led you to the belief that snowman is a racist?

hes bright from what Ive seen but unless Im confusing him with someone else hes a racist

hes bright from what Ive seen but unless Im confusing him with someone else hes a racist

That doesn't answer the question, but then again ... in a way it does. "He's a racist;" therefore, end of story. There couldn't possibly be any value to what he says.

So which of you is the more intolerant?

I doubt it. In your mind, whites deserve whatever blacks do them because whites = bad, blacks = good. So what's the point?

No I do not think these are vaild points

No I do not think these are vaild points

Originally Posted by William Joyce

What is not valid about them? Blacks can tell "whitey" jokes and it's okay. White who tell black jokes lose their shock jock jobs.

Blacks can think Louis Farrakham is cool, and nothing said. But Trent Lott says a kind word about an old man's service to his state and because the old man at one time represented racist views, this was miscontrued as Trent Lott approved of racism and he lost his position of authority as a result.

The double standard is there. Refusing to acknowlege it only exacerbates the problem. Racism is wrong. That applies to whites doing it to others AS WELL AS others doing it to whites.

I don't agree with a lot WJ's views. At the same time, I can certainly see where they come from.

What is not valid about them? Blacks can tell "whitey" jokes and it's okay. White who tell black jokes lose their shock jock jobs.}or they get away with it for years and years until they call some bright ,decent , hardworking collge girls ugly whores simply because some of them are black and it pisses off enough people it ends their careers{

Blacks can think Louis Farrakham is cool, and nothing said. But Trent Lott says a kind word about an old man's service to his state and because the old man at one time represented racist views, this was miscontrued as Trent Lott approved of racism and he lost his position of authority as a result.

} go back a read what he said{

The double standard is there. Refusing to acknowlege it only exacerbates the problem. Racism is wrong. That applies to whites doing it to others AS WELL AS others doing it to whites.
there is a little bit of a double standard right now but I think its part of the transition.
If us white folks just laugh it off and say No big deal dont you think it sets a path for people of color to follow? BTW I have heard blacks starting to joke about the trend havent you?

I don't agree with a lot WJ's views. At the same time, I can certainly see where they come from.

But gunny what he said about me was a lie.

I dont think ANY race is bad especially my own white Irish ass.

Forum List

Back