Everyone should buy an Electric Vehicle to save the planet. Joe Biden planning 500,000 charging stations.

Ask a democrat where the electricity comes from to charge the car.
Democrats are retarded baboons.
Democrats first convinced Texans to rely on wind power for heat and they all froze to death

Now they want them to rely on a battery for their car that will be as reliable as their cell phones.

But the more we all suffer the more it will appease the climate control gods as they may grants us a few extra years to live

Ask a democrat where the electricity comes from to charge the car.
Democrats are retarded baboons.
Slightly off base making this just about Democrats .

As for the op, Biden likes shiny even numbers -- they make convincing little sound bites ( about all he can string together in one breath) "$500,000 charging stations. " A million new vaccines by Christmas..."

Solar is shitty technology that has no economic viability. It is only being built by stupid people for political reasons.

Here in the United States there is a narrow band in the South West where solar is marginally economically viable. Every place else nuclear and fossil are much cheaper technology and certainly more reliable.

I have a friend that is an executive for Duke Energy. Duke is building the stupid solar farms like crazy. I asked him why they are doing it. He knows as good as I do that they are a colossal waste of money.

He said there are two reasons. First of all the filthy ass government gives them tax incentives to build the goddamn things so their out of pocket isn't that much.

The main reason, however, is that Duke has to borrow a lot of money each year and it is mostly by European banks. The stupid EU has a mandate for its banks that they can only lend money to accommodate a goal of zero carbon emissions. So Duke kisses their asses by building these stupid uneconomical solar farms.

Disgusting, isn't it?
The year 1978 called and wants its' Heritage Foundation talking points back.

859ae26b7517d317.jpg

The year 1978 called and wants its' Heritage Foundation talking points back.

I am an Engineer that understands basic Physics.

Solar sucks as an energy producing technology because it is not dense enough as sunlight. We need concentrated solar energy. Like that is stored in fossil fuels or in elemental radioactive materials.

If you expect to produce high energy out of emitted sunlight then you are ignorant of Physics.

I once worked on a consulting project to help do a NRC permit for a nuclear power plant expansion in Texas.

The NRC required that the permittee do an evaluation of the viability of alternative energy sources. We looked at fossil fuels, hydro, solar and wind. We looked at it from a pure economic viability standpoint.

To do solar to produce as much energy at the nuclear reactor it would have to be a solar farm as large as the Texas county it was in. That was just to produce energy when the sun was shinning. We would need another county to have the capacity to produce enough energy to store up to use at night and when it was overcast. Economically it was a big bust. The same with wind farms.

Solar is nothing more than an Environmental Wacko Moon Bat's wet dream. Like I said, shitty technology.

^^^ Thank you. 250 is pretty much a full tank of gas, and so both kinds of vehicles are about the same, at least in that way. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Of course with gas being as expensive as it is now, I have no idea if having a gas-powered vehicle will save you more money compared to an electric car or not.
My cars get about 20% more miles per tank than that. But that isn't the real problem. After you go that 200-250 miles, you have to recharge or refill. Gas or diesel refuels take 5-10 minutes depending on lines. Electric vehicles take 3.5-4 hours to charge. I have no idea what the average cost of a recharge is but I suspect it is not cheap.

500,000? That's a hell of a lot of electricity. A lot.

I want to know who is going to pay for it? And if users are what's the markup they have to pay vs just charging it at home?

My car gets about 25 miles a gallon with a 12 gallon tank. So I can drive 300 miles on a full tank. I can get a little better on highway driving. And i don't even have a hybrid or anything, it's just a normal Toyota Corolla. Gas is less expensive than the electric bill I'd have to pay for a full charge, and I can fill my car up in like less than 2 minutes vs hours long to charge a car.

And I don't have to worry about if the computer fails I won't be able to drive. And if my battery died I could still jump it to get it going, in a electric car you're dead in the water.

I love him but my idiot son just bought a Tesla. He lives in an upscale north Atlanta suburb and having a Tesla is a status symbol and he fell for it.

First of all, the stupid vehicle cost him over $65K. He could have bought a nicely equipped Honda CRV AND a Pilot for the same amount of money. Two great reliable fuel efficient vehicles.

He says that it is fine for his daily commute but it sucks for a long trip. He recently drove it to South Carolina for a football game and he had a hellva time getting it charged on the way. One place it took him an hour and a half to charge up.

He also says he has had to return it to the dealership several times because of problems with the electronics. One time it died on him in Atlanta rush hour traffic.

Forth of all, he had to put in a charging station in his garage that cost $1.2K.

Fifth of all, his increase in his electric bill to keep it charged for his work commute is close to what he use to pay for gas.

Lastly, the state is going to charge him a yearly "highway impact fee" because he is not paying the fuel tax. He expects the Feds will also do the same soon.

My cars get about 20% more miles per tank than that. But that isn't the real problem. After you go that 200-250 miles, you have to recharge or refill. Gas or diesel refuels take 5-10 minutes depending on lines. Electric vehicles take 3.5-4 hours to charge. I have no idea what the average cost of a recharge is but I suspect it is not cheap.
Thank you. I never knew that it took that long to charge an electric vehicle. To me, if charging one takes that long, they are not worth putting up with.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

No, it’s not JoeXi’s idea, but his handlers’ idea. Pre-charged battery vending is the future as soon as Homo sapiens gets intelligent enough to standardize the batteries. No waiting.

500,000? That's a hell of a lot of electricity. A lot.

I want to know who is going to pay for it? And if users are what's the markup they have to pay vs just charging it at home?

My car gets about 25 miles a gallon with a 12 gallon tank. So I can drive 300 miles on a full tank. I can get a little better on highway driving. And i don't even have a hybrid or anything, it's just a normal Toyota Corolla. Gas is less expensive than the electric bill I'd have to pay for a full charge, and I can fill my car up in like less than 2 minutes vs hours long to charge a car.

And I don't have to worry about if the computer fails I won't be able to drive. And if my battery died I could still jump it to get it going, in a electric car you're dead in the water.
I get about five hundred to six hundred miles in my car and it is a Kia, and the cost for me is about $45 to fill the tank…

No, it’s not JoeXi’s idea, but his handlers’ idea. Pre-charged battery vending is the future as soon as Homo sapiens gets intelligent enough to standardize the batteries. No waiting.
HaHaHa, good luck with that. Are you going to have a car wash type facility on every corner? Those batteries aren't the 12 volt jobs you buy at Auto Zone.

Forum List

Back