Ever Wondered Why Cops Can Kick Your Ass And Lie To You Without Consequences?

cops have TOLD me----that they can LEGALLY lie to people that they are investigating for a violation
or crime. Compared to lawyers, I find them angelic

Any police officer can pour you a cup of interrogation room coffee, promise your verbal statement will be taken off the record, and then proceed to record the entire thing. But before that can happen an above average cop will advise you of your rights, and most importantly, that you need not say a word to them at that moment or for as long as you are in their custody. But there exist many good reasons for cops to lie to suspects. Chief among them is quite obvious: the really smart career criminals play by no rules and have become masters of exploiting the laws and regulations and procedures cops must follow. The real problem here? Too many Americans believe what they see in cop shows and other crime dramas about police procedure and the law. Just because a person is innocent does not mean the police or a jury will prove or find them so. So sure, our system of law enforcement is not perfect. What it is, however, is a thin blue line between savage victimhood and enough societal order to pursue the American Dream—provided the average citizen also applies a large dose of common sense to daily life.
The only thing you should ever say is, "I want a lawyer"

I never knew this until just the other day, and this shit has to be the most outrageous crap I've ever heard. No wonder cops have been out there strutting around violating every constitutional right people have. YOU can't PROSECUTE them for them it. Did you know that? Ya, it's called QUALIFIED IMMUNITY... and it's PURE BULL SHIT. Cops have TOO MUCH POWER, and this garbage needs to be CUT OFF. I mean who in the HELL ever did this in the first place? Sheeeeezuz....

They also have their own set of bill of Rights when facing criminal charges.

hahahahhahahahahahahahah
.....I myself, don't care when they kick criminal a$$ or kill them
...there are about 30 MILLION calls for police assistance--not counting traffic stops....police kill about 300 blacks a year--MOST of the armed and dangerous = not much police killing blacks at all--very, very low number

One of the world's first legal documents lists ten prohibitions, and lying counts among them.

Actually, the 10 Commandments prohibit lying about other people. There is nothing in there about lying to other people.
Someone found it necessary to split a hair.
It's a Jewish trait. How much can I get away with on a technicality. Like I said, this is one reason Jesus came.
Well, it was also hard to find chicken soup where he was before.

cops have TOLD me----that they can LEGALLY lie to people that they are investigating for a violation

Lawyers can’t kill people with impunity. The police can.

I had a roommate when I was younger who was an ex-cop who hung out with a lot of cops and the shit they told me was frightening.

They were questioning a suspect against whom they had no evidence. They told him that if didn’t confess, they were going to throw him out the window. He laughed.

While in hospital with two broken legs, facing charges for attempting to escape custody, the cops went to visit him and asked him if he was prepared to confess or was he going to try to escape custody again.

This wasn’t the worst of the stuff they told me.

I sometimes wonder if you ever tire of making absurd, false statements DL?

I had a roommate when I was younger who was an ex-cop who hung out with a lot of cops and the shit they told me was frightening.

They were questioning a suspect against whom they had no evidence. They told him that if didn’t confess, they were going to throw him out the window. He laughed.

While in hospital with two broken legs, facing charges for attempting to escape custody, the cops went to visit him and asked him if he was prepared to confess or was he going to try to escape custody again.

Oh well, it must be true then...:bs1:

You come in here and tell some outrageous anecdotal story about cops throwing some suspect out the window with no consquences and want everyone to gasp, and say omg!

All to what? Make yourself feel "woke"? What a joke.

and you believed that crap? Sorry----I worked with both cops and criminals (handcuffed to their bedrails)
in hospitals. Time after time---the cops were a lot more polite than the handcuffed guy and his
LURKING FRIENDS. PS---cops like to tell tall tales of their "exploits" I have stories too

1. People are not stupid. They know that there are more than a few bad apples on the police forces.

2. But they stifle that concern because of their top concern that the "thin blue line" is their only barrier between good people and very, very, very bad people.

I never knew this until just the other day, and this shit has to be the most outrageous crap I've ever heard. No wonder cops have been out there strutting around violating every constitutional right people have. YOU can't PROSECUTE them for them it. Did you know that? Ya, it's called QUALIFIED IMMUNITY... and it's PURE BULL SHIT. Cops have TOO MUCH POWER, and this garbage needs to be CUT OFF. I mean who in the HELL ever did this in the first place? Sheeeeezuz....

Yep...piece of shits beware.
Like every legit person I know I’ve had a number of run-ins with police over the years...never once did I feel disrespected or mistreated...I respect their job, I talk with respect and give them what they ask for when they ask for it.
Again, if I had the tendency to be a defiant piece of shit I’d be worried as well. Good luck piece of shits.

You come in here and tell some outrageous anecdotal story about cops throwing some suspect out the window with no consquences and want everyone to gasp, and say omg!

This is the infamous 52 Division where a lot of shit went down. There's even a hit song in Toronto about 52 Division called "Cherry Beach Express". Their exploits are legendary.

In this Report, 52 Division was cited as having more complaints of police brutality than Police station in Canada - nearly twice what #2 station reported. My roommates friends worked at 52 Division. Starting a page 34 of this report, there are a litany of claims of police brutality at 52 Division that are terrifying. None of my roommate's friends tales made this Report, because it was written in 1976, long before his friends were on the force.

So, yeah, there's a lot of backup to my "anecdotal tale".

This is the infamous 52 Division where a lot of shit went down. There's even a hit song in Toronto about 52 Division called "Cherry Beach Express". Their exploits are legendary.

In this Report, 52 Division was cited as having more complaints of police brutality than Police station in Canada - nearly twice what #2 station reported. My roommates friends worked at 52 Division. Starting a page 34 of this report, there are a litany of claims of police brutality at 52 Division that are terrifying. None of my roommate's friends tales made this Report, because it was written in 1976, long before his friends were on the force.

Hmmm...I don't see anything in your links about the situation you describe....So, in the end, I think you made it up....But, that Canada may or may not have a problem in that division of police is not the concern of American citizens, it up to Canadians....That's the difference between you and I.

I believe that problems should be addressed, and handled by the communities they effect, whereas you obviously believe that the problems of a different country must incur YOUR opinions, even when they are internal issues up to us to handle...

IOW, you don't live here, you don't have a vote here, and by your own citings here you prove that you have similar problems, if not worse ones that you can't even take care of in the communities you have a say in....So, why don't you worry about your own glass house before planting bricks to be used in ours?

That's where the Fourth Amendment comes in. Guilty or innocent you don't talk to cops. Most cops you know will tell you that. Talking to cops is like telling some one you are voting for biden They won't think you are stupid they will know you a guilty of being stupid.

He should thank those cops for curing him cause a paraplegic don't move his legs or arms or something. i CALL WHAT HE HAS AS A COUPLE TOO MANY.

He should thank those cops for curing him cause a paraplegic don't move his legs or arms or something. i CALL WHAT HE HAS AS A COUPLE TOO MANY.

Not helpful to the argument there buddy.

Forum List

Back