Ever hear of the Duck Dynasty, Steve Bannon religious movie "Torchbearer"?

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017

Torchbearer (2016) - IMDb

The Duck Commander Phil Robertson makes an argument on the absurdity of life without God. Featuring real-life footage from events throughout history and leading up to the modern day crisis of radical Islamic terrorism, Phil guides viewers through a journey that includes Athens, Greece, Rome, Italy, … MORE

Initial release: October 7, 2016
Director: Stephen K. Bannon
Screenplay: Stephen K. Bannon, Rebecca Mansour
Cast: Phil Robertson
Producers: Stephen K. Bannon, David Bossie, Daniel Fleuette

These from the reviews:

I don't have any problems with religion in general but please don't bother holding up Christianity as a source of peace for the world when it has such a lousy track record. One of the reasons we have a separation of church and state is because the Catholics and Protestants spent hundreds of years cutting each other into pieces - literally.

I would not even give it one star, but there was nothing lower. We quit watching after an hour. Worst movie I ever watched.

I viewed this because I am curious about Steve Bannon.
I actually thought it was a well done piece of propaganda so i feel bad giving it only one star. But in terms of content I'd give it negative 10 stars.

Robertson seems like a nice man, but is clueless about the foundation of the moral beliefs of anyone other than Christians who see themselves as image bearers of God. He seems to assume that if you don't believe in God then you "worship" scientists and your only morals can come from "social darwinism" which leads to a belief in might makes right and then you will become a nazi. Hmmmm.

----------------------

I never knew Steve Bannon was religious. I always thought he was an evil right wing nutsack, but it turns out he is an evil right wing nutsack driven by what he imagines religion to be. Anyone see the movie?

• Banned
Funny, when they mention the "Father of Lies", I thought they were talking about Trump.

Forum List

Back