Ever Get A Subpoena?

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
I was just served a subpoena to testify in a criminal trial.

Last Christmas Eve, my hot Puerto Rican girlfriend and I were at one of our local haunts, enjoying some holiday cheer, when a fight broke out. We didn't really pay much attention to it; drunk guys get into fights all the time and, since neither of the guys were known to us, and since the fight found its way out into the parking lot, we pretty much forgot about it until today, when we were both subpoenaed to testify in the trial of, presumably, the guy who won the fight. Apparently, he fucked the other guy up pretty good.

Basically, they're going to ask us questions about something which occurred the better part of a year ago, and involved two people we don't know.

Should be fun...

Last Christmas Eve, my hot Puerto Rican girlfriend and I were at one of our local haunts, enjoying some holiday cheer, when a fight broke out. We didn't really pay much attention to it; drunk guys get into fights all the time and, since neither of the guys were known to us, and since the fight found its way out into the parking lot, we pretty much forgot about it until today, when we were both subpoenaed to testify in the trial of, presumably, the guy who won the fight. Apparently, he fucked the other guy up pretty good.

Basically, they're going to ask us questions about something which occurred the better part of a year ago, and involved two people we don't know.

Should be fun...

How did they find out who you were? Video surveillance at the bar? Did the police interview you? Did you even see the fight start?
If I didn't, I'd probably just say, didn't see what started the fight. In and out of deposition.

Should be fun...

How did they find out who you were? Video surveillance at the bar? Did the police interview you? Did you even see the fight start?
If I didn't, I'd probably just say, didn't see what started the fight. In and out of deposition.

I'm guessing they used security footage to see who was there, and it's not like we're unknown to the owner. She's a dear friend of ours.

Neither of us have been interviewed by police. We were in the bar when the fight started, but we didn't see who started it. All of a sudden there was a commotion, we looked over and saw these two guys goin' asses-to-elbows on the floor. They fought there way outside and we went back to our conversation.

I honestly can't imagine that the HPRG or I have much to offer in the way of details...

Should be fun...
its not to testify in court its to give a deposition to one or both sides of the case to see if you know enough to testify in court,,,

Should be fun...
its not to testify in court its to give a deposition to one or both sides of the case to see if you know enough to testify in court,,,

See, that would make sense. However, this commands me to testify in front of a Judge of the Seventh Judicial Circuit. It also says I need to be there for five days. If it were a deposition, I would think a Judge wouldn't be present, and that only a day would be required.

I'm not complaining; I think it'll be a neat experience. I'm just totally unaware of how this all works...

Should be fun...

See, that would make sense. However, this commands me to testify in front of a Judge of the Seventh Judicial Circuit. It also says I need to be there for five days. If it were a deposition, I would think a Judge wouldn't be present, and that only a day would be required.

I'm not complaining; I think it'll be a neat experience. I'm just totally unaware of how this all works...
did you give witness testimony to the cops then and/or have you talked to anyone since???

if not I question the whole thing,,

no defense attorney is going to have a witness come in blind not knowing what you know and a prosecutor would do the same,,,

Well think of it as a mini vacation, bang your hot Puerto Rican girlfriend the whole time. Duh.

Should be fun...

a man is born alone, he dies alone, and he testifies
ALONE

I have testified many times as an expert witness in
my field----I TRY NOT TO SHOW FEAR

Sure. A couple of times.

Civil stuff. Once the City of Chicago claimed to have served me in a space our company was no longer in at the time the subpeona was supposedly served. We'd been gone a month. Building was literally vacant. As the move had been acrimonious with the owner of the building, (which was another subpoena event) my lawyer knew when we'd left, the landlord knew when we'd left and this was all documented.

The city then proceeded to find me in contempt for not appearing for a case I knew nothing about, was never served on etc., found me at our new corporate address, actually served me there, and tried to jam thousands of dollars in penalties down my throat, only to be presented evidence of all of this and the threat of a countersuit. Yah, that ended that. Then the motherfuckers demanded I pay the fucking court costs, which my attorney told me to just pay as paying him to fight them would have cost more. Fucking bastards. Standing hip-deep in irrefutable evidence of their own corruption, to which they had no argument and they are still handing me a bill.

Court is no big deal. Nothing to be nervous about, as you're not involved....

Last edited:

Should be fun...

did you give witness testimony to the cops then and/or have you talked to anyone since???

if not I question the whole thing,,

no defense attorney is going to have a witness come in blind not knowing what you know and a prosecutor would do the same,,,

Yeah, I gotta' think it's along the lines of a deposition...

Should be fun...

ALONE

Oh, I've no reason to fear anything. I'm not the guy on trial...

Should be fun...

ALONE

right----but the lawyer for the defense will try to find a way to knock you down anyway

Should be fun...

ALONE

right----but the lawyer for the defense will try to find a way to knock you down anyway

I don't know how he'll be able to do that, since I don't really remember anything about the incident and intend on saying exactly that. Any attempt to "knock me down" is just going to make him look foolish...

Should be fun...

ALONE

I don't know how he'll be able to do that, since I don't really remember anything about the incident and intend on saying exactly that. Any attempt to "knock me down" is just going to make him look foolish...

good----keep that thought and let it candidly out of
your mouth. Its no time to do an EGO thing---but I think you know that

Well think of it as a mini vacation, bang your hot Puerto Rican girlfriend the whole time. Duh.
Pretty sure you can be arrested if you are doing that in court the whole time, though some would surely cheer if you did, especially if the girl friend really is hot.

Should be fun...
You mean he fucked up da udder guy pretty well.. Tanks..

Pretty sure you can be arrested if you are doing that in court the whole time, though some would surely cheer if you did, especially if the girl friend really is hot.

Ain't know lie, she's fuckin' smokin'. Not quite sure how I ended up with her...

Forum List

Back