Ever find YOURSELF in the scripture? Sexually Suggestive Scripture...

dmp

May 12, 2004
Enterprise, Alabama
I mean...wow - I found somebody describing how a woman longed for me:

Ezekiel 23:20 NIV said:
There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

The Bible is rated R. Remember that just because it's a Holy book doesn't make the whole thing a wholesome book.

In fact, if you really want a story that's got it all, look up the story of Tamar. It features incest, prostitution, extortion, and a moderately graphic description of primitive birth control. She is also one of only three women (other than the Virgin Mary) mentioned in the lineage of Jesus. The other two are Rahab, a prostitute turned informant in Jericho, and Ruth, a pagan who, through sheer determination, worked her way into Jewish society by way of her mother-in-law.

Then there's Noah and Ham. I can't remember where I found this out, but Western translators are a bit squeemish over the true meaning of the passage that reads "saw his father's nakedness" (Genesis 9:22). In the original Hebrew, the word used implies a non-specific sexual act.

Then there's the fact that while many church-goers know that Elijah prayed for and recieved fire from heaven on Mt. Carmel, most people don't realize that he subsequently executed all 450 prophets of Baal that were at that exchange.

People have been arrested for translating "The Song of Solomon."

A wise man once said "I believe the Bible contains the word of God. It also contains the words of good men and bad men. And the words of an ass."

I mean...wow - I found somebody describing how a woman longed for me:"There she lusted after her loverS, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

You're more than one person? Wow. ;)

Forum List

Back