Even republicans must admit how much of a trainwreck Trump’s re-election campaign has been

Romney Grows a Pair
Romney.jpeg

NEVER forget NEVER forgive
Trump is trying to disenfranchise Black voters. The GOP isn’t stopping him.
rump is trying to cling to power by disenfranchising hundreds of thousands of Black voters. His desperate legal maneuvering is straight out of the old racist Jim Crow playbook — and the vast majority of elected Republicans, to their eternal shame, are going along with him — whether actively or passively.

In Wisconsin, Trump's campaign has paid for recounts in just two counties, one of which is Milwaukee County. In Michigan, Trump personally called two Republican officials who now want to decertify the vote in Wayne County, which includes Detroit. In Pennsylvania, Trump's legal team has challenged vote-counting procedures and made unsupported allegations of fraud in two cities: Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. In Georgia, the Trump team filed a lawsuit targeting absentee ballots in Savannah, and another suit took aim at the state's ballot-curing process.
The pattern is obvious and appalling: Trump and the Republicans are trying to invalidate votes in cities with large African American populations — cities that happen to have voted overwhelmingly for Joe Biden. In effect, Trump is arguing that Black people have no right to vote him out of office.
I've seen this movie before. When I was growing up in South Carolina, the segregationist power structure throughout the former Confederacy perpetuated itself by denying African Americans access to the ballot box. Whites used poll taxes and literacy tests to keep Black people from registering to vote; drew jurisdictional boundaries to dilute Black political power; often resorted to physical intimidation at polling places; and, when everything else failed, simply invented reasons not to count African American votes.
All these years later, I've never had the illusion that white supremacy was completely vanquished — not even when the nation twice elected a Black man as president. But I honestly didn't think I would see such an undisguised, unapologetic reassertion of the white-is-right doctrine of my youth as we're witnessing now.
None of what Trump is doing has any likelihood of changing the election's outcome. Biden won Wisconsin by 20,000 votes, far too big a margin to be reversed by a two-county recount. Michigan officials are not going to throw out the votes of the state's biggest city wholesale. In Pennsylvania, judges have been batting away the Trump team's frivolous lawsuits virtually as soon as they are filed. And in Georgia, that rarest of creatures these days, a Republican with integrity — Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger — has boldly defended the right of all citizens to have their votes counted.
Trump will surely remain a big loser. And anyone naive enough to have bought his campaign claim that "nobody has done more for the Black community than Donald Trump . . . with the exception of Abraham Lincoln — possible exception" can see what a cynical lie that was.
"Trump is a racist" is hardly breaking news. But it is shocking and inexcusable that so many GOP officials, including virtually all Republican members of Congress, are aiding and abetting the president's attempt to negate Black voting rights — either with their weasel words or with their silence.
With precious few exceptions, Republican senators and House members have refused to publicly acknowledge Biden's status as president-elect. On the Senate floor this week, several GOP senators were seen privately congratulating their colleague Kamala D. Harris (D-Calif.) on becoming our next vice president. But they are afraid to publicly offer their felicitations or acknowledge her historic achievement, for fear of incurring Trump's wrath.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and almost all members of their Republican caucuses have stuck with the position that Trump has the right to pursue all legal avenues in an attempt to reverse the election result. By doing so, they not only endorse lawsuits and recount demands that they know are founded on baseless claims and have no realistic chance of success. They are also giving their approval to Trump's targeted attempt to have Black votes discarded.
In his rational moments, if he has them, Trump's realistic aim may not be to overturn an election he clearly lost but rather to delegitimize Biden's victory and thus weaken him when he becomes president. But by participating in this dangerous farce, Republicans are delegitimizing themselves — and betraying the all-so-noble ideals they claim to embrace.
I've long believed it would be better for African Americans if both major parties competed seriously for our votes. But why would any Black voter even consider supporting a Republican Party that cooperates in a racist attempt to have Black votes discounted? Why, for that matter, would any White voter support such a party?
Trump is weakening our democracy and setting back racial progress by decades. Republicans are acting as his willing accomplices. The nation should never, ever forget — or forgive.

The people have never had such a doer in the white house...most presidents just flitter away their 4 years trying not to piss anyone off....Trump wants our lives to improve and he has achieved it even with a pandemic going on...the people see this and I truly believe there will be some very big surprises on November 4th.....

This is so true. Many Presidents get elected on shit they never do. Trump is a doer...thats from actually having worked in the private sector. Unlike empty suits like Obama and Biden.

Trump did nothing except investigate Democrats throughout his 4 years.

Everything else he tried to do was done by Tweet and EO, most of which failed to pass the SC. The tax cuts were legislated, and those will be undone. But Dumb Donald had no legislative agenda, and nothing got passed through Congress.

Now it's his scorched earth policy
Watching this is like watching a defeated Saddam Hussein torching the oil wells on his way out of Kuwait.

The train wreck is the filthy ass Democrats using fraudulent dirty tricks to steal the election and to corrupt our Republic.

Steal???? 0-28 in courts and you think that's a win?? My Jets are 0-9 and you probably think they're going to the super bowl

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Romney Grows a Pair
Romney.jpeg
Wow how sad,using a globalist like Romney as your source.the op and you are clueless sheep that the republicans saying this are Rino globalists like Romney and bush.they hate trump because he is not a globalist as them and part of the corrupt one party system disguised as two they are part of. Having Romney in office is no different than Biden or Obama being in office,two peas in a pod both willing to do the bidding of the globalists like the loyal puppets they are. :uhoh3: :uhoh3::itsok:

I've not read or posted to you since a while ago But now I ask you a question Where did it go ?? More of your stinken repub bs
And just like that, the computer repair shop is gone and the owner missing.
It was never believable to start with, but the repair shop that Hunter flew to from LA (because there are no repair shops in LA) run by a blind guy who just happened to break the law and read the contents of the hard drive who then ended up giving the hard drive to Giuliani is gone.

You guys fall for this nonsense each and every time. Well, I guess we'll have a new "bombshell" when the crazy Qanon lawyer takes the stage today.

Computer repairman who claimed he gave Hunter Biden data to Giuliani closes shop as laptop saga gets stranger

The people have never had such a doer in the white house...most presidents just flitter away their 4 years trying not to piss anyone off....Trump wants our lives to improve and he has achieved it even with a pandemic going on...the people see this and I truly believe there will be some very big surprises on November 4th.....

No surprises, tRump(the nondoer) got schlonged.

MAGA!!!!!

Ignoring reality one day at a time.
Sometimes Irony can be pretty ironic....
Candydork, do you have a life outside of this forum????????? HOLY SHIT but it seems that you live here night and day.........are you one of those "shut ins"? What you lack in content, you attempt to make up for in quantity and yet you still come out on the negative side of the equation.
HOLY SHIT! Candydork has poster over 540 timers since Saturday?!?!?!?!?! Is that some kind of record?????

The sad thing none of them were worth reading

Forum List

Back