Even a Schmidt head gets it - brutal assessment of the Republican Party by McCain's former manager.

R

rdean

I was watching Steve getting interviewed and I couldn't believe my ears. Remember, this is the husband of Nicole Wallace. Yea, that Nicole Wallace, where two out of three words is "hate Obama".

I've been telling you guys. When this comes out of the mouths of rabid Republicans, you really have a problem.

Don Surber: Even a Schmidt head gets it

Quote from Steve S.

First off, the crisis in the Republican party is not caused by Donald Trump; Donald Trump is the result of the crisis in the Republican party. You have a party that has lost the popular vote in five out of the last six elections. You look at a party that is shrinking. Every single demographic that is growing the Republican party is losing market share. Its leadership has been complicit in the prosecution of an incompetently prosecuted war.
It has been complicit in spending the country into $19 trillion in debt, abdicating its claims to being the party of fiscal responsibility. And all of the conservative institutionalists and the establishment conservatives, the professional conservatives in Washington have stood idly by during this season of collapse.
There are no new ideas in the Republican party. There are not fresh policies. There's not the intellectual rigor and vigor that you saw out of conservatism in the 1980s. And on top of it all we live in a country where trust is collapsed in nearly every institution with the exception of the U.S. military. And you see this playing out additionally on the Democratic side with the rise of Bernie Sanders.

http://www.urantiansojourn.com/2016/01/37370/

I was watching Steve getting interviewed and I couldn't believe my ears. Remember, this is the husband of Nicole Wallace. Yea, that Nicole Wallace, where two out of three words is "hate Obama".

I've been telling you guys. When this comes out of the mouths of rabid Republicans, you really have a problem.

Quote from Steve S.

First off, the crisis in the Republican party is not caused by Donald Trump; Donald Trump is the result of the crisis in the Republican party. You have a party that has lost the popular vote in five out of the last six elections. You look at a party that is shrinking. Every single demographic that is growing the Republican party is losing market share. Its leadership has been complicit in the prosecution of an incompetently prosecuted war.
It has been complicit in spending the country into $19 trillion in debt, abdicating its claims to being the party of fiscal responsibility. And all of the conservative institutionalists and the establishment conservatives, the professional conservatives in Washington have stood idly by during this season of collapse.
There are no new ideas in the Republican party. There are not fresh policies. There's not the intellectual rigor and vigor that you saw out of conservatism in the 1980s. And on top of it all we live in a country where trust is collapsed in nearly every institution with the exception of the U.S. military. And you see this playing out additionally on the Democratic side with the rise of Bernie Sanders.

A McCain staffer is a "rabid Republican?"

I'll bet you wonder why everyone says you're an idiot.

Quote from Steve S.

McCain? You mean the guy who ran for president as a Republican with Sarah Palin. So what was Steve? A democrat in disguise.

Remember, it's your kind that's in denial.

Quote from Steve S.

McCain? You mean the guy who ran for president as a Republican with Sarah Palin. So what was Steve? A democrat in disguise.

McCain is a Democrat in disguise. His state is about to give him the boot because they are so fed up with constant support of Democrat policies. All of McCain's staffers are just as phony.

Quote from Steve S.

He's a fat sack of shit...

Quote from Steve S.

One lousy campaign manager! He's hardly an authority of what makes sense in a campaign

Quote from Steve S.

One lousy campaign manager! He's hardly an authority of what makes sense in a campaign

You're probably right. After all, he was the one to suggest Palin for McCain's vice president.

Quote from Steve S.

Wonder why you left this part out. From you link, my bold.

And on top of it all we live in a country where trust is collapsed in nearly every institution with the exception of the U.S. military. And you see this playing out additionally on the Democratic side with the rise of Bernie Sanders.

Quote from Steve S.

McCain is a Democrat in disguise. His state is about to give him the boot because they are so fed up with constant support of Democrat policies. All of McCain's staffers are just as phony.
Every GOP loser is suddenly a Democrat in disguise. Hilarious!

Quote from Steve S.

Wonder why you left this part out. From you link, my bold.

And on top of it all we live in a country where trust is collapsed in nearly every institution with the exception of the U.S. military. And you see this playing out additionally on the Democratic side with the rise of Bernie Sanders.
I never said he was right about the Democrats.

Have you noticed the difference between GOP and Democratic speeches?

Republicans talk about:
"precision carpet bombing" the Middle East.
Cutting corporate tax to create jobs (as if that's ever worked)
Cutting taxes on the "job creators"
Ending Obamacare and replacing it with nothing.
Making America great again.
The damage Obama has caused after 8 years of President Bush

Democrats talk about:
Affordable health care
medicine
education
building a coalition in the Middle East
making the wealthy pay their fair share
Working with small business
rebuilding infrastructure
how Obama has brought America back from the GOP's attempt at a depression

Which do you think America will appreciate more?

Quote from Steve S.

If you consider Steve Schmidt a loser why are you quoting him as a voice of authority on the status of the Republican Party?

When there's unity within the Dem. Party, right wingers call it a "coronation"....

When there is DIS-unity within the GOP, right wingers call it "diversity"......

Quote from Steve S.

If you consider Steve Schmidt a loser why are you quoting him as a voice of authority on the status of the Republican Party?
Because the GOP is a loser party. It takes one to know one. I thought that was obvious.

Even USMB Republicans can't name anything they are proud of about their party from the last 40 years. Unless you are proud of the failed Bush tax cuts creating deficit instead of jobs. Or you are proud of the Iraq and the destabilized ME. The close call that could have been a depression. Or the response to Katrina. Or the scientists that left the government. Or what happened at the justice department. Or cutting veterans aid after sending them off to Iraq, or, or, or.........there are a lot of "or's" there.

Quote from Steve S.

A shitty campaign he ran too.

Quote from Steve S.

When he loses, he must be a Democrat. Bush won twice. He must be a hero. Uh, where is Bush?

Forum List

Back