Evangelicals Scramble To Oust Belief In Trump As Congregations Are Torn Apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
According to Wehner, David Platt, the 43-year-old minister at McLean Bible Church had already been facing accusations " ... by a small but zealous group within his church of 'wokeness' and being 'left of center,' of pushing a "social justice" agenda and promoting critical race theory, and of attempting to 'purge conservative members.'"

As Wehner explains, what happened at McLean Bible Church is not an isolated event.

"What happened at McLean Bible Church is happening all over the evangelical world. Influential figures such as the theologian Russell Moore and the Bible teacher Beth Moore felt compelled to leave the Southern Baptist Convention; both were targeted by right-wing elements within the SBC," he explained. "The root of the discord lies in the fact that many Christians have embraced the worst aspects of our culture and our politics. When the Christian faith is politicized, churches become repositories not of grace but of grievances, places where tribal identities are reinforced, where fears are nurtured, and where aggression and nastiness are sacralized. The result is not only wounding the nation; it's having a devastating impact on the Christian faith."

"Facing accusations of pushing a "Social Agenda"

Wasn't that the agenda of Jesus Christ?

According to Wehner, David Platt, the 43-year-old minister at McLean Bible Church had already been facing accusations " ... by a small but zealous group within his church of 'wokeness' and being 'left of center,' of pushing a "social justice" agenda and promoting critical race theory, and of attempting to 'purge conservative members.'"

As Wehner explains, what happened at McLean Bible Church is not an isolated event.

"What happened at McLean Bible Church is happening all over the evangelical world. Influential figures such as the theologian Russell Moore and the Bible teacher Beth Moore felt compelled to leave the Southern Baptist Convention; both were targeted by right-wing elements within the SBC," he explained. "The root of the discord lies in the fact that many Christians have embraced the worst aspects of our culture and our politics. When the Christian faith is politicized, churches become repositories not of grace but of grievances, places where tribal identities are reinforced, where fears are nurtured, and where aggression and nastiness are sacralized. The result is not only wounding the nation; it's having a devastating impact on the Christian faith."

that makes no sense at all...more TDS
total bullshit

Hard core Trumpies will turn on the Church and call them Marxists and Communists.. Did you expect otherwise?
Hard core Bidumbites [ hitlerjugend ] will turn on the Church and call them Marxists and Communists.. Did you expect otherwise?

Hard core Bidumbites [ hitlerjugend ] will turn on the Church and call them Marxists and Communists.. Did you expect otherwise?

LOLOL.. Not Democrats..

Donald Trump: 'I am the chosen one' - Premier Christian News
Aug 21, 2019 · US President Donald Trump has declared himself 'the chosen one' during a press conference about the trade war between the US and China. Mr Trump said revamping the countries' trade relationship should have been done "a long time ago by a lot of other presidents". Mr Trump then opened his arms, looked toward the sky and said "I am the chosen one. Somebody had to do it, so I'm taking on

Less than a day after President Donald Trump outraged many members of the Jewish community for his comments about their loyalty, he tweeted out the claim that Israeli Jews view him as the "second coming of God."

In a series of tweets Wednesday morning, Mr. Trump quoted conservative radio host and known conspiracy theorist Wayne Allyn Root, who practically declared the president the Messiah during his show Tuesday night.

Quoting Root, Mr. Trump shared the message that he is "the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world," that "the Jewish people in Israel love him like he's the King of Israel" and even that "They love him like he is the second coming of God."

“Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him....

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 21, 2019
....like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for.....

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 21, 2019

LOLOL.. Not Democrats..

Donald Trump: 'I am the chosen one' - Premier Christian News
Aug 21, 2019 · US President Donald Trump has declared himself 'the chosen one' during a press conference about the trade war between the US and China. Mr Trump said revamping the countries' trade relationship should have been done "a long time ago by a lot of other presidents". Mr Trump then opened his arms, looked toward the sky and said "I am the chosen one. Somebody had to do it, so I'm taking on
you people come up with most insane crap--BECAUSE of your TDS

Rump is not now and never has been a Christian skewsy but all you know about Christianity you learned from that psychopath Tristan.

It's amazing to me, what unbelievers think goes on in evangelical churches. It's like they....have never stepped foot in one, or maybe the occasional C and E.

I've never understood how any Christian could support a person as sleazy and disgusting as Donnie trump.

Evangelicals must not value their reputation very highly. And they obviously don't care about how they are viewed by the general American population.

you are a Bidumb hitlerjugend believing all your Fuhrer's propaganda crap
Sure.
In January. former White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sandars told the Christian Broadcasting Network that the president was called by God.

"I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times and I think that He wanted Donald Trump to become president," she said.

Rev Billy Graham's son, Rev Franklin Graham, also made a similar statement in May 2018.

He told the Associated Press: "I think somehow God put him in this position. Because he's not a politician, he seemed to do everything wrong as a politician: he offended many people, did the wrong things – but somehow he became president.

"And I just have to think that God, in some reason, put him there for a purpose. I don't know what that is, but we need to get behind him and support him."

The Trumptards believe the GQP propaganda, (lies)

It's amazing to me, what unbelievers think goes on in evangelical churches. It's like they....have never stepped foot in one, or maybe the occasional C and E.
The part where these atheist trump haters pretend to care about turmoil within Christian churches is the most laughable

I guess it means they hate trump EVEN MORE than they hate Christians

The part where these atheist trump haters pretend to care about turmoil within Christian churches is the most laughable

I guess it means they hate trump EVEN MORE than they hate Christians
That's because christians are lying more than Trump and are just as gullible they have a common denominator........................fleecing their herds.

September 24 2021
During a recent telethon fundraiser for notorious televangelist Kenneth Copeland and his megachurch, the preacher made sure to drop heavy hints that he needs his expensive and CO2-spitting private jet because otherwise, he would have to get the COVID-19 vaccine in order to fly. And he certainly can’t get the vaccine because he considers it to be “the Mark of the Beast,” a symbol warned about in the Bible’s final and wackiest chapter that signals a person belongs to the fabled Anti-Christ.

This was not long after far-right pastor Jesse Duplantis bragged about his own private jet following complaints that the reason Jesus hasn’t returned to Earth is that people aren’t giving him and Copeland enough money.

So yeah, it's funny when karma arrives at their doorstep.

I'm not a Christian so I could well have this completely wrong, but I thought Jesus was all for social justice.

edit...Oh, I see I should have read to the end of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back