Evangelicals Scramble To Oust Belief In Trump As Congregations Are Torn Apart

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Gawd the left is totally unhinged... The elitists are totally unhinged....

This alone tells me that we need TRUMP BACK!! The power-hungry left-wing traitors need to become windchimes as they are subverting our Constitution and no longer have the consent of the governed.... Hillary was right when she stated "if they find out what we're doing we will all get hung, you got to fucking fix this"... Hillary knew what the democrats were doing was an act of treason...

Paul was the son of Greek converts. Judaism was kinda popular amongst greeks at that time.
It is clear from his writings that he had an ambition to create an HELLENISTIC FRIENDLY
form of Judaism. I am amazed that you do not
understand that fact
Messiah Complex

All on his own, megalomaniac Paul decided to change Christianity from being a form of Judaism to being the religion of the rulers of the world during his era. That's why he got rid of circumcision and the Jewish dietary laws.

I think so too. Rosie claims his parents were Greek converts.
Romans 11:1
I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

For some, the revealed Word of God is good enough. For others, nothing will suffice.

According to Wehner, David Platt, the 43-year-old minister at McLean Bible Church had already been facing accusations " ... by a small but zealous group within his church of 'wokeness' and being 'left of center,' of pushing a "social justice" agenda and promoting critical race theory, and of attempting to 'purge conservative members.'"

As Wehner explains, what happened at McLean Bible Church is not an isolated event.

"What happened at McLean Bible Church is happening all over the evangelical world. Influential figures such as the theologian Russell Moore and the Bible teacher Beth Moore felt compelled to leave the Southern Baptist Convention; both were targeted by right-wing elements within the SBC," he explained. "The root of the discord lies in the fact that many Christians have embraced the worst aspects of our culture and our politics. When the Christian faith is politicized, churches become repositories not of grace but of grievances, places where tribal identities are reinforced, where fears are nurtured, and where aggression and nastiness are sacralized. The result is not only wounding the nation; it's having a devastating impact on the Christian faith."

Another example of short on evidence, long on opinion. The same old, "Orange Man Bad," opinion, with the sole factual evidence being this: "A trio of elders didn't receive 75 percent of the vote, the threshold necessary to be installed," he reported.

"Facing accusations of pushing a "Social Agenda"

Wasn't that the agenda of Jesus Christ?
A social agenda? Um, no.

The God of the Bible is the ultimate social justice warrior. Most supposed "Christians" in America are nothing more than confused pagans, who worship a demon called "mammon".

the soybeans that we send to china COME
back to us "processed"-----IMVO----we should process our own soybeans

You didn't read the article from the news and courier. China is buying their soybeans from Brazil now.

You didn't read the article from the news and courier. China is buying their soybeans from Brazil now.
ok----we can STILL process our own soybeans. I would be delighted to buy
soybeans and soysauce MADE IN THE USA--
If I owned pigs I would be happy to buy
pig-feed MADE IN THE USA. ---uhm--then
there is soybean oil

ok----we can STILL process our own soybeans. I would be delighted to buy
soybeans and soysauce MADE IN THE USA--
If I owned pigs I would be happy to buy
pig-feed MADE IN THE USA. ---uhm--then
there is soybean oil

the soybeans that we send to china COME
back to us "processed"-----IMVO----we should process our own soybeans
I don't use meat or animal products, I still don't really depend on soy products, and can continue without them. It's better to grow our own food, certainly, and I am fine with using beans, lentils, and hummus with any food and meals. We should be more independent from China.

Wasn't that the agenda of Jesus Christ?
Not from my reading, no.

The Greek word for repent is "metanoia." Metanoia means to change your mind. Our thoughts, the flow of consciousness which determines our behaviors, can change. Metanoia has to do with moral activity, but goes beyond that. Jesus was teaching that we could change our mind about how we treat people. We don’t have to be unforgiving and cynical. We can change our mind about being negative. We can think positive thoughts and walk in faith instead of doubt. We can change our minds about sin. Rather than being caught in the strongholds of consistent habits of lust or selfishness, for example, we can experience freedom and selflessness. Jesus would not have told us to change unless it was possible and attainable. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration.

Jesus taught everyone how to become the best version of themselves. Being perfect does not mean doing perfect things. It means to BE perfect. To exist perfectly. So when one makes mistakes - which we all will - we should be truthful to ourselves about ourselves. That's how we exist perfectly.

That's my understanding of the agenda of Jesus Christ.

Romans 11:1
I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

For some, the revealed Word of God is good enough. For others, nothing will suffice.
paul seems to have a remarkable talent for being the victim of
"revealed word"

paul seems to have a remarkable talent for being the victim of
"revealed word"
Yes. Bearing the Word has always been a terrible burden. The world hates the truth and takes out their anger on those who bear it.
Scripture tells of a time it will no longer be called a burden. Imagene a world that doesn't hate the truth.

Mod Message: I just put a "sticky thread" in this forum's listing that I forgot to place when Religion forum became "civil discussion" Zone 1. Please do not bump the older threads in this forum since they definitely dont comply with civil discussion.

This one needs to close because anything AND politics by definition -- can not be Civil Discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back