Evangelicals Have Higher-than-average Divorce Rates

Poor victims.

Its an opportunity to un fuck themselves.

If its age thats the factor, they can see "hmm...the rest of society realized that Marriages have a higher rate of divorce when rushed into at too young an age...Maybe we need to change our culture to account for this."

The kicker is that you wanted to USE the fact that the rest of society doesnt Marry as much as a REASON for a divorce rate being higher in Evangelicals, as though they shouldn't account for better methods within, or look at their rate from within.

Thats to the point if worshiping them as infallible. Its being a sycophant for an identity group.

Why do they need to change? How does it impact you? Why can't you mind your own fucking business?
They dont NEED to change, dumbdumb.

The caveat being, "if they care about the institution of marriage," OBVIOUSLY.

what you mean is "if they care about X like I care about X", or more likely, "I want to use this as a trope to gun for them on the LGBT views)
No, if they care about x was good enough, Marty.

Look, I know you are butthurt and wanting to be a victim and all but yes, its quite obvious that if they care about the institution of Marriage, theyd look to ways to have their Cult do better not to divorce. Thats just obvious.
LEGAL :cult"
Yes, when I say Cult I'm using it as an insult, not a Legal term.

I find evangelicals to be creepy/weird. But I wouldnt make them illegal, the odd species they are.

Shes not talking about doing things people think are stupid, she is talking about Crimes.

As well, whereas she's not advocating jailing anyone who disagrees with her beliefs, you want her to "fuck off and die."

Die.

So...weird irony there, Martin. Marty 2 shanks.

She has a history of being a fascist twat. I don't treat people like that with any respect.

What crimes?
You quoted the crimes in this very branch, dude. Trafficking...sexual abuse. That sort of thing.

Whereas I disagree with her that it's indicative of the whole, she is discussing crimes and you are strawmanning her into wanting some form of government-enforced subjugation without giving her the benefit of even asking her the question.

Same as youve done to everyone who disagrees with your view on your pet identity group. Like me.

I said theyre fuggin weird. You then accused me of hiding my bias against them...after I proclaimed it outright in my very 1st post.

Its just weird behavior, like you WANT to just be a Victim.

Lys probably considers just women being in an evangelical church to be a crime.

Lol, "pet identity group"
Its def one of your pet identity groups.

Theres two threads at the top of this sub forum that say that atheists should not be allowed to have children or 1st amendment rights...

and for your victim-ology, youre worried that Lys wants to use the Govt against trafficing and sexual abuse.

Of course this is your pet group. Thats fine, marty.

Have I posted anything in those threads?

Lys would use the government against people just being members of evangelical churches, never mind trafficking.

And its mostly mormon fundamentalists that are in the whole child bride business, not evangelicals.

I don't give a rat's ass what church somebody goes to, what their religion is, or whether they have one.

I am worried about the female children who are raised in these evangelical households who never get to choose their futures and/or interests, are bred solely as baby factories, and who will probably end up in an abusive relationship with a domineering husband in their early 20's while saddled with a couple of kids, no skills to make a living, and parents who refuse to acknowledge their roles in this fiasco and refuse to help her out of it. It is left to our larger society to take care of them and teach them how to live in a modern society that they know nothing about. Just a sampling:

Stay-at-home daughter - Wikipedia
Carlene Cross | Fleeing Fundamentalism
Women in Secularism Tell Their Ex-Fundamentalist Stories | HuffPost
I Grew Up In a Fundamentalist Cult  Like the One in  “The Handmaid’s Tale”
The Forgotten Nones: The High Cost of Fleeing Fundamentalist Religion - The Faithless Feminist
Why Don't Women Just Leave Fundamentalism?

I also very much dislike the evangelicals' efforts to use the legal system to normalize and enshrine discrimination against LGBT folks and women. They love the fact that the trump administration has removed legal protections for LGBTs from all government guidance, and has eliminated government funding for organizations that aid women in making reproductive choices, while allowing the states to pass laws that force women, regardless of their own thoughts and choice of faith, to submit to religious indoctrination sessions.

The evangelicals have been behind all of these things. This is bold aggression against people outside of their faith group; people who are entitled to the freedom to do as they decide.

Evangelicals Have Higher-than-average Divorce Rates, According to a Report Compiled by Baylor for the Council on Contemporary Families

Feb. 5, 2014

WACO, Texas (Feb. 5, 2014) -- Despite their strong pro-family values, evangelical Christians have higher than average divorce rates -- in fact, being more likely to be divorced than Americans who claim no religion, according to findings as cited by researchers from Baylor University.

The research is part of a new report released by the Council on Contemporary Families.

The council report coincides with the 50-year anniversary of the passage of the Civil Rights Act, which made it illegal to discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, national origin, religion or gender. The council's report, which included findings by a dozen researchers, dealt with changes in the past half century for each of the populations affected by the law: religious groups, racial and ethnic minorities and women.

Baylor's portion of the report dealt with 50 years of religious change, from 1964 to 2014. Other findings by Baylor were:

Evangelicals Have Higher-than-average Divorce Rates, According to a Report Compiled by Baylor for the Council on Contemporary Families

ABOUT BAYLOR UNIVERSITY

Baylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, characterized as having "high research activity" by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. The university provides a vibrant campus community for approximately 15,000 students by blending interdisciplinary research with an international reputation for educational excellence and a faculty commitment to teaching and scholarship.
------------------------------------------------
What do you have to say about this , Christians. There doesn't seem to be very many article about this as I assume the Evangelicals and Fundy's do not want to advertise it.:)

Yeah, I hate it. I absolutely hate it. This is why so many Evangelical marriage centered churches and seminars are popping up to fight it.

LIVE EVENTS :)

Laugh your way to a better marriage.

That said.... I would question one thing about the statistics.
Yes it's true divorce rates are higher in the church, than out of the church.
There are two things that could be a factor in that.

First, there are so-called 'christian' churches, that are just not Christian. I've been to some.
Pagan churches do exist, that claim to be Christian, while not being anything like Christ.

Garbage non-"Christian" churches like this, do exist. They are ridiculous and stupid.

But there is another factor, one I think could be a larger reason for the statistics.

I think the reason divorce rates are lower outside the church, is because pagans are turning away from getting married at all.

Divorce is terrible evil. I agree, and we evangelicals are fighting against it.

But there is one thing that is worse than divorce. Not getting married out at all, and just screwing people you are not even married to.

So I think it's possible that the divorce rate is higher, because Christians do not believe in just screwing around randomly, like Pagans do.

I dont think its a demonization. Its mere raw data...the conclusions of which are open to discussion.

It's demonization. And progressives wonder why they would support someone like Trump.
Poor victims.

If its age thats the factor, they can see "hmm...the rest of society realized that Marriages have a higher rate of divorce when rushed into at too young an age...Maybe we need to change our culture to account for this."

The kicker is that you wanted to USE the fact that the rest of society doesnt Marry as much as a REASON for a divorce rate being higher in Evangelicals, as though they shouldn't account for better methods within, or look at their rate from within.

Thats to the point if worshiping them as infallible. Its being a sycophant for an identity group.

Why do they need to change? How does it impact you? Why can't you mind your own fucking business?

what you mean is "if they care about X like I care about X", or more likely, "I want to use this as a trope to gun for them on the LGBT views)
Personally I see this data differently. I see it as a sign that the less religious a people are the more disorder they will experience.

Case in point: 15 percent of adult women in the United States are divorced or separated today, compared with less than one percent in 1920.

I don’t think anyone will argue that as a people we have become less religious. Along the way we have encouraged women to be more like men. Not surprisingly, females have become just as promiscuous as men, whereas in the 1920’s men were 6 to 8 times more promiscuous than women. Predictably, the rate of divorce, single moms, abuse, violence and unwed mothers have correspondingly increased.

There are all kinds of examples in the OT about paying lip service to God. So it’s not surprising if evangelicals or any other religious group would suffer the same consequences as anyone else who forgets their way.

So while GT believes this is making his point, what it is really proving is that the less religious a people become the more disorder they will experience.

The decline of religion in the West

“...And this is why it matters. If you live within a secular society, it is easy to assume that religions will simply wither away, but Lord Sacks offers the opposite view.

"The world will be more religious a generation from now, not less," he says. "The more religious people are, the more children they have. The more secular they are, the fewer children they have... the religious will inherit the Earth."

Screenshot_20200107-063352_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg

It was a comment nothing more or less. Your inability to let it go shows how much you hate them.
Conversely, how much you love them. <3

No love here. I just don't understand the SJW need to demonize them.

They don't factor into my life, as I am a lapsed Catholic at best, and live in NYC, not a hotbed of white evangelicals (but surprisingly plenty of black/hispanic ones)
I dont think its a demonization. Its mere raw data...the conclusions of which are open to discussion.

It's demonization. And progressives wonder why they would support someone like Trump.
Poor victims.

Or maybe they just keep living the way they are living, and you can unfuck yourself.

Poor victims.

Look, I know you are butthurt and wanting to be a victim and all but yes, its quite obvious that if they care about the institution of Marriage, theyd look to ways to have their Cult do better not to divorce. Thats just obvious.

Lol, butthurt.

You are the one that needs everyone to BE JUST LIKE YOOOOUUUUU!!!

Narcissistic twat.

I find evangelicals to be creepy/weird. But I wouldnt make them illegal, the odd species they are.

Not a cult by most sane definitions.

She has a history of being a fascist twat. I don't treat people like that with any respect.

What crimes?
You quoted the crimes in this very branch, dude. Trafficking...sexual abuse. That sort of thing.

Whereas I disagree with her that it's indicative of the whole, she is discussing crimes and you are strawmanning her into wanting some form of government-enforced subjugation without giving her the benefit of even asking her the question.

Same as youve done to everyone who disagrees with your view on your pet identity group. Like me.

I said theyre fuggin weird. You then accused me of hiding my bias against them...after I proclaimed it outright in my very 1st post.

Its just weird behavior, like you WANT to just be a Victim.

Lys probably considers just women being in an evangelical church to be a crime.

Lol, "pet identity group"
Its def one of your pet identity groups.

Theres two threads at the top of this sub forum that say that atheists should not be allowed to have children or 1st amendment rights...

and for your victim-ology, youre worried that Lys wants to use the Govt against trafficing and sexual abuse.

Of course this is your pet group. Thats fine, marty.

Have I posted anything in those threads?

Lys would use the government against people just being members of evangelical churches, never mind trafficking.

And its mostly mormon fundamentalists that are in the whole child bride business, not evangelicals.

I don't give a rat's ass what church somebody goes to, what their religion is, or whether they have one.

I am worried about the female children who are raised in these evangelical households who never get to choose their futures and/or interests, are bred solely as baby factories, and who will probably end up in an abusive relationship with a domineering husband in their early 20's while saddled with a couple of kids, no skills to make a living, and parents who refuse to acknowledge their roles in this fiasco and refuse to help her out of it. It is left to our larger society to take care of them and teach them how to live in a modern society that they know nothing about. Just a sampling:

Stay-at-home daughter - Wikipedia
Carlene Cross | Fleeing Fundamentalism
Women in Secularism Tell Their Ex-Fundamentalist Stories | HuffPost
I Grew Up In a Fundamentalist Cult  Like the One in  “The Handmaid’s Tale”
The Forgotten Nones: The High Cost of Fleeing Fundamentalist Religion - The Faithless Feminist
Why Don't Women Just Leave Fundamentalism?

I also very much dislike the evangelicals' efforts to use the legal system to normalize and enshrine discrimination against LGBT folks and women. They love the fact that the trump administration has removed legal protections for LGBTs from all government guidance, and has eliminated government funding for organizations that aid women in making reproductive choices, while allowing the states to pass laws that force women, regardless of their own thoughts and choice of faith, to submit to religious indoctrination sessions.

The evangelicals have been behind all of these things. This is bold aggression against people outside of their faith group; people who are entitled to the freedom to do as they decide.

How about a fun game of worry about your own shit?

I notice the term fundementalism is used, not evangelicalism. Why?

particularly angry today, Marty? you already responded to some of these...what are ya....stewing? Calm the fuck down dude, its the internet

particularly angry today, Marty? you already responded to some of these...what are ya....stewing? Calm the fuck down dude, its the internet

How is this response "angry"?

Forum List

Back