Evangelicals and Trump

E&T#980 reply to #969 overwhelmingly Christian
America was overwhelmingly Christian.

Were Colonial “Christians” tolerant or intolerant at that time?

Can you make a case that prior to The United States coming into being the differing sects of Christianity populating the colonies at that time were tolerant and charitable to each other and equally tolerant to all other non/Christian religions, atheists and native Americans also being counted in the population?

What do you want, TODAY, that you cannot have, if this is a Christian Nation?

most people of all races identify with America being a Christian nation - NotfooledbyW, post: 25753347 to 25546900
Yes, it is. You continually blame the majority when the majorty do not say that. Instead, most people of all races identify with America being a Christian nation.

or

Our Nation was not founded as a Christian Nation like the fundamentalist minority advocate.

Thus, the majority of conservatives generally do not believe in the US being founded as a Christian Nation. They believe the US has a Christian heritage, but wasn't founded as a Christian Nation like the fundamentalist minority advocate.

Just for the record for now.

E&T#980 reply to #969 overwhelmingly Christian
America was overwhelmingly Christian.

Can you make a case that prior to The United States coming into being the differing sects of Christianity populating the colonies at that time were tolerant and charitable to each other and equally tolerant to all other non/Christian religions, atheists and native Americans also being counted in the population?

The "FEELING" of not dealing with a guilty conscience. Our so the liberals imagine there's no heaven...

I ask: Were Colonial “Christians” tolerant or intolerant at that time?

NotfooledbyW, post: 25757669

Christian nationalists obviously don’t want to answer that one.

The "FEELING" of not dealing with a guilty conscience. Our so the liberals imagine there's no heaven...

If there ever were enough Christian nationalists to amend the Constitution to form a Christian Nation here in the United States, how do you guarantee that Christians when actually handed the reins of a Christian nation will be tolerant and hands off anybody not complying with Christian Nation conformity?

Last edited:
I ask: Were Colonial “Christians” tolerant or intolerant at that time?

Christian nationalists obviously don’t want to answer that one.

If there ever were enough Christian nationalists to amend the Constitution to form a Christian Nation here in the United States, how do you guarantee that Christians when actually handed the reins of a Christian nation will be tolerant and hands off anybody not complying with Christian Nation conformity?

So, in response to my question "What do you want today, that you cannot have if this is a Christian Nation", your response is to speculate that some day, Christians here might be intolerant?

That is you revealing that you, on some level, know that this being a Christian Nation, is not a problem for you are all.

So, why do you care?

Because you hate Christianity and want to undermine it's place in our culture and heritage in preparation for your OWN INTOLERATION of it and those people you hate.

That is what this is about. YOU BEING A BIGOT AND A WANT A BE TYRANT.

Intolerant Christians in power will not be a problem - NotfooledbyW, post: 25761539 to 25758646
So, in response to my question "What do you want today, that you cannot have if this is a Christian Nation", your response is to speculate that some day, Christians here might be intolerant?

You are responding to 25757669 which is clear that the hypothetical is “ If there ever were enough Christian nationalists to amend the Constitution to form a Christian Nation” so its either that you cannot read or you are lying to obfuscate and disrupt a rational discussion based on facts and basic understanding of language.

If there ever were enough Christian nationalists to amend the Constitution to form a Christian Nation here in the United States,

I’m not saying that a concern exists among most Americans including Christians that some day, all Christians might become intolerant. - That is because there already exists in America right now plenty of intolerant Christians to be concerned about.

The serious potential threat to religious freedom is - if the man who said the following in Iowa in 2016 was ever able to draw enough intolerant Christians and non- religious political hacks such as yourself into his cult, with enough votes to amend the Constitution and thus creating a Christian nation.

"The power of our group of people together, I mean, if you add it up ... it could be 240, 250 million. And yet we don't exert the power that we should have. Now, I think some of the churches are afraid of their tax status, to be honest,"

"But you know the fact is that there is nothing the politicians can do to you if you band together. You have too much power. But the Christians don't use their power," "We have to strengthen. Because we are getting — if you look, it's death by a million cuts — we are getting less and less and less powerful in terms of a religion, and in terms of a force,"

"I'll tell you one thing: I get elected president, we're going to be saying 'merry Christmas' again. Just remember that," he said. "And by the way, Christianity will have power, without having to form."

He added: "Because if I'm there, you're going to have plenty of power. You don't need anybody else. You're going to have somebody representing you very, very well. Remember that."

TRUMP: If I'm president, 'Christianity will have power' in the US

Trump has 40 percent of Americans in his cult. That is way too close to 51% in enough states pushing an amendment to the Constitution handing power over to a religious organization.

Trump got America way too close to the Trump cult power that he promised the white evangelical Christian nationalists in Iowa.

It’s a good thing he is going away and out of power soon when he can spend his day in church with them.

Last edited:
Intolerant Christians in power will not be a problem - NotfooledbyW, post: 25761539 to 25758646

You are responding to 25757669 which is clear that the hypothetical is “ If there ever were enough Christian nationalists to amend the Constitution to form a Christian Nation” so its either that you cannot read or you are lying to obfuscate and disrupt a rational discussion based on facts and basic understanding of language.

If there ever were enough Christian nationalists to amend the Constitution to form a Christian Nation here in the United States,

I’m not saying that a concern exists among most Americans including Christians that some day, all Christians might become intolerant. - That is because there already exists in America right now plenty of intolerant Christians to be concerned about.

The serious potential threat to religious freedom is - if the man who said the following in Iowa in 2016 was ever able to draw enough intolerant Christians and non- religious political hacks such as yourself into his cult, with enough votes to amend the Constitution and thus creating a Christian nation.

"The power of our group of people together, I mean, if you add it up ... it could be 240, 250 million. And yet we don't exert the power that we should have. Now, I think some of the churches are afraid of their tax status, to be honest,"

"But you know the fact is that there is nothing the politicians can do to you if you band together. You have too much power. But the Christians don't use their power," "We have to strengthen. Because we are getting — if you look, it's death by a million cuts — we are getting less and less and less powerful in terms of a religion, and in terms of a force,"

"I'll tell you one thing: I get elected president, we're going to be saying 'merry Christmas' again. Just remember that," he said. "And by the way, Christianity will have power, without having to form."

He added: "Because if I'm there, you're going to have plenty of power. You don't need anybody else. You're going to have somebody representing you very, very well. Remember that."

TRUMP: If I'm president, 'Christianity will have power' in the US

Trump has 40 percent of Americans in his cult. That is way too close to 51% in enough states pushing an amendment to the Constitution handing power over to a religious organization.

Trump got America way too close to the Trump cult power that he promised the white evangelical Christian nationalists in Iowa.

It’s a good thing he is going away and out of power soon when he can spend his day in church with them.

So, despite Christians being a massive majority from the beginning of this nation and all the way up to today, you have no current complaints about Christians doing anything to you, this is all hypothetical, about IF the most radical Christians got the majority to go along with them, something that has not happened in all of our 250 years as a nation, but you fear might happen, in the future,

even though all the trends point to DECREASING Christianity and power...

Like I said, this is a ginned up excuse for your bigotry.

You people are trying to invent bullshit fears to give you an excuse to marginalize Christians and drive them from the public square, so that you can have that much less opposition.

Like I said, this is a ginned up excuse for your bigotry.

I have voted for Christian presidents my whole life. There is no bigotry here but what you gonna do. You have no facts you have no truth.

Funny, I thought you might try to come up with something to support your fear of intolerant Christians...

Instead you didn't even try. I guess we all know why. Cause you have NOTHING.

You are an anti-Christian bigot.

marginalizing Christians and driving them from the public square - NotfooledbyW, post: 25762734 to 2576192

You people are trying to invent bullshit fears to give you an excuse to marginalize Christians and drive them from the public square, so that you can have that much less opposition.

Can you name one single individual Christian who has been kept from entering the Public Square? Like I said I want Christians in the public square.

I’ve already told you I want to see Christians in the public square. So cut the crap. Dig up
a new distraction.

welcoming white Evangelical Christian nationalists to the public square - NotfooledbyW, post: 25568891

Also for the record I passionately welcome white Evangelical Christian Nationalists under the absolute spiritual leadership of Bible Holder extraordinaries Donald J Trump to the public square.

We need to see them and debate them in the light of day for what they truly are.

Bring them doozies on.

Last edited:
marginalizing Christians and driving them from the public square - NotfooledbyW, post: 25762734 to 2576192

Can you name one single individual Christian who has been kept from entering the Public Square? Like I said I want Christians in the public square.

I’ve already told you I want to see Christians in the public square. So cut the crap. Dig up
a new distraction.

welcoming white Evangelical Christian nationalists to the public square - NotfooledbyW, post: 25568891

Also for the record I passionately welcome white Evangelical Christian Nationalists under the absolute spiritual leadership of Bible Holder extraordinaries Donald J Trump to the public square.

We need to see them and debate them in the light of day for what they truly are.

Bring them doozies on.

Judging the impact of bigotry in a complex system can be difficult, AND it is worth nothing that my point was about what you WANT to do, what you are TRYING to do, not that you have already succeeded.

But, one has to wonder about the way you people ridiculed Romney for his religious beliefs, and how many voters who might have voted for him, especially conservative, religious, Blue Dog democrats, who might have voted for him, if not told by the media figures they trust, that he was a goofy religious weirdo.

Or even earlier if he might have won against McCain and then Obama might have faced a more formidable opponent.

AAA-Barry-Goldwater-Robert-Spitz-check-quote-1.jpg

I agree with Sen. Goldwater here. The Religious Left, through characters like Jim Wallis and Lou Farrakhan have tried to impose their religious ideals into the government and condemned those who refuse it as "satanic" or "homophobic" if they don't like Gay Marriage.

Farrakhan? He invented his own religion. What a joke.

I agree with Sen. Goldwater here. The Religious Left, through characters like Jim Wallis and Lou Farrakhan have tried to impose their religious ideals into the government and condemned those who refuse it as "satanic" or "homophobic" if they don't like Gay Marriage.

so did Joe Smith.....some times those "religions" catch on....

I know you libs believe that Abortion is blessed, taking it in the ass is a sacrament and Almighty God put Adam and Steve (not Eve) into the Garden.

But evangelicals, and President Trump disagree.

Who really cares what white evangelical Christian nationalists and the godless orange buffoon they worship disagree about? The dregs of combined Christianity and Republicanism as a share in public discourse are in decline.

All decent abd intelligent Americans should be celebrating this news.

In fact, the U.S. recently passed a religious milestone: For the first time, a majority of Americans are not church members, Gallup found this spring.​

Over the last decade, the share of Republicans who are church members fell from 75% to 65%, according to Gallup. That's a solid majority but also a sizable fall.​

The key bloc of white evangelicals is also shrinking as a share of the population, while the share of religiously unaffiliated Americans grows.​

This makes religion one key part of a looming, long-term demographic challenge for Republicans, says Whit Ayres, a Republican pollster.​

"Republicans clearly have a stronger hold among the religiously affiliated, especially evangelical Protestants. And consequently, any decline in evangelical Protestant affiliation is not good news for the GOP," he said.​

so did Joe Smith.....some times those "religions" catch on....

like the cult of45.

Trump has shown some amazing things about religion in America and particularly Evangelicals when it comes to political power. You would think Trump Christ-like. But I fail to remember Christ being in favor of caging children or breaking up families. Did I miss that? Two pieces below help, it isn't about being religious, is it? What then of religion? Has it lost its holiness, its goodness.

'How the evangelical movement became Trump's "bitch" — and yes, I know what that word signifies'

'As an evangelical myself, I can see how far the movement has sunk — even to betraying its own ideal of masculinity'

"His most notable advice for interacting with half the human population is "grab 'em by the pussy". Who could have predicted such an alliance?"

Climate too. Why not pray away hurricanes floods and fires, poverty too while they are at it. Interesting how the mixture of politics and religion accomplishes so little good.

'Faith and politics mix to drive evangelical Christians’ climate change denial'

'Climate science denial may stem more from politics than religion'

'Social scientist Dan Kahan rejects the idea of an automatic link between religiosity and any anti-science bias. He argues that religiosity only incidentally tracks science denial because some scientific findings have become “culturally antagonistic” to some identity groups.'

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24
That's an idiotic rant from a low IQ easily brainwashed global warming doomsday cult member.

It's like you idiots are totally oblivious to how stupid you look when, even an entire decade after climategate you still ascribe to that totally debunked CAGW dogma.

No its about Evangelicals mainly dismiss climate change although most adults agree with climate change, apparently Evangelicals are more pro the ending of the earth and Armageddon that why they think the fires out west are good.

Trump, the chosen? | Voice | The Christian Post
President Donald J. Trump disembarks Marine One on the South Lawn of the White House, Aug. 21, 2019. | (White House/Tia Dufour) “I am the chosen one.”. Thus was the declaration of President Donald Trump on August 21, 2019. The statement was made in a …

Trump has shown some amazing things about religion in America and particularly Evangelicals when it comes to political power. You would think Trump Christ-like. But I fail to remember Christ being in favor of caging children or breaking up families. Did I miss that? Two pieces below help, it isn't about being religious, is it? What then of religion? Has it lost its holiness, its goodness.

'How the evangelical movement became Trump's "bitch" — and yes, I know what that word signifies'

'As an evangelical myself, I can see how far the movement has sunk — even to betraying its own ideal of masculinity'

"His most notable advice for interacting with half the human population is "grab 'em by the pussy". Who could have predicted such an alliance?"

Climate too. Why not pray away hurricanes floods and fires, poverty too while they are at it. Interesting how the mixture of politics and religion accomplishes so little good.

'Social scientist Dan Kahan rejects the idea of an automatic link between religiosity and any anti-science bias. He argues that religiosity only incidentally tracks science denial because some scientific findings have become “culturally antagonistic” to some identity groups.'

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." Matthew 6:24
That's an idiotic rant from a low IQ easily brainwashed global warming doomsday cult member.

It's like you idiots are totally oblivious to how stupid you look when, even an entire decade after climategate you still ascribe to that totally debunked CAGW dogma.

No its about Evangelicals mainly dismiss climate change although most adults agree with climate change, apparently Evangelicals are more pro the ending of the earth and Armageddon that why they think the fires out west are good.

Trump, the chosen? | Voice | The Christian Post
President Donald J. Trump disembarks Marine One on the South Lawn of the White House, Aug. 21, 2019. | (White House/Tia Dufour) “I am the chosen one.”. Thus was the declaration of President Donald Trump on August 21, 2019. The statement was made in a …
Well the second coming of God is being indicted as we speak in the state of NY.

The Minister Farrakhan didn't invent Islam at all. Generally speaking, the contention is that the Muslim faith was invented by Allah and/or Muhammad. Farrakhan just put a liberal spin on the faith.

The Minister Farrakhan didn't invent Islam at all. Generally speaking, the contention is that the Muslim faith was invented by Allah and/or Muhammad. Farrakhan just put a liberal spin on the faith.

Farrakhan's religion has nothing to do with Islam.

It's not that they AGREE with Trump and his sexist past or narcissistic ego and statements.

It's just they are WILLING TO FORGIVE all that in order not to be subjected to Democrats running and ruining the country.

Many Christians and nonchristians CANNOT forgive or stand Trump.

The part I find divine is being able to forgive his bad side and be grateful for what he does get right.

You know it must be a pure act of God if the same people who criticized Michelle Obama could suddenly overlook Melania's nude photos and forgive all that!

Only God could enable people to forgive and see the good side of people, especially in politics.

New Topics

Forum List

Back