Evangel and speaking the 'good' messeage; the Gospel

deorro 1

Aug 22, 2019
Proverbs 27:17 "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."

Iron meeting with iron.. same material... and as/when mankind is the same with /as mankind it does similar as iron sharpening iron, mankind sharpens the countenance of his 'friend/companion/fellow/mankind'....

Neighbors live and dwell near one another for the sake of safety.. they trust one another enough to be able to live near to them..

So for a neighbor to treat his/her neighbor as his/her 'friend/companion/mankind' would not seem too far off from what this verse is trying to say.... But this is written in the book of Proverbs.. for those who had The Law of The LORD and Holy God. This was not really 'given' unto the Gentiles as of when this was written. It might have been dangerous to 'treat' a member NOT of the tribe(s) of (J)acob as if/though they were one of their own. The 'other' might have taken this 'proverb' the wrong way...

Yanno....................I never wanted to meet people with the same abilities as I'd had. I wanted to meet someone better.

I mean for crying out loud..................Jacob had a match with God.

Gonna go and be blasphemous..........................if God challenges me, I hope I win. Jacob got a tie.

Forum List

Back