EV Sales Will Always Remain Low

Sales for things like the auto, cellphones, tv’s etc took off because they filled a void in making life better for consumers. And sales continued because they got better and cheaper.

EV fills no void, costs more and does nothing for the consumer except wave a vanity flag at everyone.

“Kind of astonishing how disappointing” EV sales have been – so please don’t kill petroleum companies yet please
They are selling more and more each year
As the charging infrastructure gets better, they will take a larger part of the market

Eventually, internal combustion will be banned. Not by us, we are too selfish, but our children
Fascists and cults ban technology.

We are evolving to new technologies
The days of internal combustion are numbered
Forcing people to buy products at the end of a gun - Leftardism.

Seat Belts, Air Bags, Motorcycle helmets, bans on smoking, environmental laws....Guilty as charged
Nixon created the EPA, shitforbrains.

EV is DOA.

Sales for things like the auto, cellphones, tv’s etc took off because they filled a void in making life better for consumers. And sales continued because they got better and cheaper.

EV fills no void, costs more and does nothing for the consumer except wave a vanity flag at everyone.

“Kind of astonishing how disappointing” EV sales have been – so please don’t kill petroleum companies yet please
They are selling more and more each year
As the charging infrastructure gets better, they will take a larger part of the market

Eventually, internal combustion will be banned. Not by us, we are too selfish, but our children
Fascists and cults ban technology.

We are evolving to new technologies
The days of internal combustion are numbered
Forcing people to buy products at the end of a gun - Leftardism.

Seat Belts, Air Bags, Motorcycle helmets, bans on smoking, environmental laws....Guilty as charged
How many acres of solar panels would be needed to charge fifteen million electric cars in California?

The big problem is the battery. We still do not have any battery technology, that can store as much energy in a form usable to an electrical car, that is anywhere close to the amount of energy that can be stored in a similar mass and volume of gasoline, diesel fuel, or any other suitable fuel for an internal-combustion engine; nor can we charge a battery nearly as fast as we can pump fuel into a conventional automobile. And the best battery technology that we do have is very expensive, and has a limited usable life. That's where internal combustion engines cars still have a very strong advantage, and will probably keep that advantage for quite some time yet to come.
My eldest daughter is an engineer actively working on EVs and particularly the battery problem. They are making progress is all I can say. I can't say much about it. But you can Google Goodenough solid state batteries.

However, even if the battery issues are solved, you still have the problem of greedy asshole Democrats constantly threatening to make electricity rates skyrocket.

If they have to worry that Democrats are going to succeed with their plot make electricity rates skyrocket, every election cycle, people are more risk averse to buying an EV.

Last edited:
It amazes me that some people are so hostile to EVs. Don't like them? Don't buy one. They are all over Atlanta.

And we are using oil far faster than it is being made. And all the wars over it?

At some point EVs will replace combustion engines. Anyone who denies that is just delusional. But it won't replace them for decades.

I drove a Tesla a few years ago. Great car. Not in my budget, but apparently plenty of people can afford them.

Our children and our grandchildren and our great grandchildren will still have as much need as we do for affordable, reliable transportation. Internal combustion will not be banned until other technology is truly available to affordably take its place. At this point, no other technology is yet anywhere close.
It won’t involve internal combustion
Eventually environmental damage will make carbon based fuels obsolete.

Good thing we will have a working alternative in place

It amazes me that some people are so hostile to EVs. Don't like them? Don't buy one. They are all over Atlanta.

And we are using oil far faster than it is being made. And all the wars over it?

At some point EVs will replace combustion engines. Anyone who denies that is just delusional. But it won't replace them for decades.

I drove a Tesla a few years ago. Great car. Not in my budget, but apparently plenty of people can afford them.
Electric cars are fast

However, even if the battery issues are solved, you still have the problem of greedy asshole Democrats constantly threatening to make electricity rates skyrocket.

There is that. And here, in California, we've had enough trouble with the demand for electricity coming close to, and occasionally exceeding the ability to supply it. And then, on top of that, the recent PG&E “safety” shutdowns, that have left large numbers of people without electricity for days at time.

Technological issues about electric cars themselves aside, long before we start pushing for them to take the place of large amounts of internal-combustion-engined vehicles, we really need to massively increase the quantity and reliability of our electric supply. We need to get far past the point of being able to meet existing needs, before we start thinking about burdening this supply with a whole other segment of energy usage that currently operates independently of the electric supply.

It won’t involve internal combustion
Eventually environmental damage will make carbon based fuels obsolete.

Good thing we will have a working alternative in place

EveryoneLaughingAtYou.png

They are not "all over Atlanta"......or anywhere else for that matter. Go down any freeway anywhere in America and you'll pass at least 100 cars before seeing an EV......d0y.

Don't take my word for it though...….check the sales #'s. They are laughable...….Ford sells 5X more F150 models ALONE as compared to ALL EV sales!!:boobies::boobies::boobies::bye1:

Electric cars are fast

They are...…...but only to a certain point. After all...….there is no replacement for displacement.

I own a full bolt on '14 Coyote Mustang...…..almost 500 crank hp. A Tesla X will dust me to 100 mph but by 140 will be seeing healthy doses of taillights!! The S destroys even supercars to the 1/4 mile......but check the trap speeds...:coffee::coffee::coffee:......as the cars approach 1/2 mile, the Tesla is getting buried by cars costing 1/2 the price!!:cul2::cul2:

Model 3 Performance vs 510hp Audi RS3 1/2 mile

Ooooooooooops!!

I can see south Florida now with only electric vehicles and a major hurricane hits, taking out the grid...

Forum List

Back