EV charging

To Flopper and everybody else, I have been consistent that I think research and study is great and we should do that re all aspects of Planet Earth, climate, the universe around us as is reasonable to do.

I also say that there is very little that the government has forced on us that didn't have as many or more serious negatives as it has had positives. And there is no reason to believe that forcing green energy on us with no more evidence than we have that it is necessary for ANYBODY could have disastrous consequences.

By all means experiment with EVs. And if profitable to do so, make them available to those who want them. But let good old fashioned capitalism and the free market do it. naturally and as opportunity presents itself. Keep the government out of it as much as possible.

I predict that the the government ramming this down our throats will almost certainly end very badly and it could be at tremendous cost in loss of human liberties, choices, option, opportunitys and at great cost in human suffering.
Good old fashioned capitalism and the free market is only interested in profits. Cleaning the air and water of industrial pollution, reducing greenhouse gases, and saving our forests and wildlife reduces there profits. Big business has no interest in a better environment. They only do what government makes them do. The priority of American business is the upcoming quarter P&L statement followed by the annual statement, followed by long range plans to improve the bottom line.

Until the second half of 20th century, businesses in America turned our lakes and rivers into toxic waste dumps and our air into sulfuric soup. Today they claim they're working to save the planet. What a lot of bullshit.

Good old fashioned capitalism and the free market is only interested in profits. Cleaning the air and water of industrial pollution, reducing greenhouse gases, and saving our forests and wildlife reduces there profits. Big business has no interest in a better environment. They only do what government makes them do. The priority of American business is the upcoming quarter P&L statement followed by the annual statement, followed by long range plans to improve the bottom line.

Until the second half of 20th century, businesses in America turned our lakes and rivers into toxic waste dumps and our air into sulfuric soup. Today they claim they're working to save the planet. What a lot of bullshit.i
I have no problem with government enforcing reasonable regulation that prevents Americans from doing avoidable harm to other Americans.

But pretty much everybody in business or working for wages is doing that for their own benefit and for the benefit of their family. And it is usually their intent to benefit themselves and their families as much as they can. That is what capitalism is.

But in working for themselves they are buying products from other people who are working for themselves, and they are providing products and services that others want and need for their own benefit.

And when all have motive to work for what they have, all working for their own interests, you have a thriving economy and community in which far more people will enjoy more quality of life than in any other system ever devised.

Adam Smith: "It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the gaker that we expact our dinner, but from their regard to their own self interest."

When the government inserts itself into that equation in a way that disrupts the rhythm and efficiency of that process, the results are never anywhere near as valuable or satisfying to most.

This push to replace ICE vehicles with EVs will effectively cripple the US. The grids will not be able to handle the massive charging load and supply, rolling blackouts will be a daily occurrence. EV technology is nowhere near ready for full scale deployment, this is insanity.

And that is the plan.

Forum List

Back