European governments killed more people than American criminals with guns have...banning guns kills more people.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I have made this point in the past......Europe murdered more people than criminals in the United States have murdered with guns......disarmed people in Europe were victims of government murder at rates higher than criminal murder with guns in the U.S.....

Banning guns allows out of control government to commit mass murder....it isn't worth it to ban and confiscate guns....

International homicide statistics usually only count murders by individuals or small groups. A serial killer may murder two dozen people over the course of many years. A mass shooter may murder dozens at once. Those who use explosives or arson sometimes kill even more. But even in the aggregate, individual criminals or criminal gangs perpetrate vastly less homicide than do criminal governments.

In Europe in the 20th century, governments killed about 87.1 million victims, according to research by the late University of Hawaii political scientist R.J. Rummel. That figure does not include combat deaths, such as in World War I or II. It includes only the murder of civilians, from 61.9 million killed by the Soviet Union to 20.9 million killed by Germany.

Over the long run, one's risk of being murdered is much lower in the United States than in Europe.

It's no surprise that migration between the two has always been very heavily in one direction!

I am alive to write this article because my Jewish German and Lithuanian ancestors migrated to the United States in the 19th century. By doing so, they increased their risk of being shot by an individual criminal but drastically reduced their risk of being murdered by a criminal government. As we all well know, those risks did materialize in Germany (under the Nazis and the Communists) and in Lithuania (under the czars, the Nazis, and the Communists). Because governments are so much more effective at killing than are individual criminals—even looking at all individual criminals combined—the United States was much safer than Europe in the 20th century.

I have made this point in the past......Europe murdered more people than criminals in the United States have murdered with guns......disarmed people in Europe were victims of government murder at rates higher than criminal murder with guns in the U.S.....

Banning guns allows out of control government to commit mass murder....it isn't worth it to ban and confiscate guns....
Gun control is a Holocaust.

Guns are almost useless since most states don't allow you to shoot criminals. Thankfully Obama's law in Illinois fixed that so they can shoot thieves, thugs & criminals.

International homicide statistics usually only count murders by individuals or small groups. A serial killer may murder two dozen people over the course of many years. A mass shooter may murder dozens at once. Those who use explosives or arson sometimes kill even more. But even in the aggregate, individual criminals or criminal gangs perpetrate vastly less homicide than do criminal governments.

In Europe in the 20th century, governments killed about 87.1 million victims, according to research by the late University of Hawaii political scientist R.J. Rummel. That figure does not include combat deaths, such as in World War I or II. It includes only the murder of civilians, from 61.9 million killed by the Soviet Union to 20.9 million killed by Germany.

Over the long run, one's risk of being murdered is much lower in the United States than in Europe.

It's no surprise that migration between the two has always been very heavily in one direction!

I am alive to write this article because my Jewish German and Lithuanian ancestors migrated to the United States in the 19th century. By doing so, they increased their risk of being shot by an individual criminal but drastically reduced their risk of being murdered by a criminal government. As we all well know, those risks did materialize in Germany (under the Nazis and the Communists) and in Lithuania (under the czars, the Nazis, and the Communists). Because governments are so much more effective at killing than are individual criminals—even looking at all individual criminals combined—the United States was much safer than Europe in the 20th century.

Absolutely true. One man (or woman)—one citizen with a gun—can feed themselves and their families (even their villages), can defend themselves and their families, stop violence before it spreads in their communities and even aid local law enforcement in dealing with greater threats to public safety. In societies/civilizations where the right or ability to own modern firearms or firearms which are equivalent to those owned by their governments has been taken, citizens always find themselves at the mercy or good natured whim of their elected or appointed leaders. Without the full ability to defend one's self and one's family/community (with firearms) the government or powers that be can really do whatever they like to their citizens—up to and including democide.

communities ... local law enforcement ... elected or appointed leaders.
None of the above have any intention whatsoever of allowing individual citizens to own guns.
Without the full ability to defend one's self and one's family/community (with firearms) the government or powers that be can really do whatever they like to their citizens—
And somehow you think they're going to give that power up willingly?

yeah----ok-----but the discussion as ABOVE--is idiotic.
It juxtaposes all sorts of entirely unrelated issues.

Forum List

Back