Europe.

Taken our of context. He went on to say intolerance if a form of violence, he was talking about hate speech, even holocaust denial was in that speech.

Yes; Obama was talking out of context.

The Prophet was being satirised, not slandered.

That headline was taken out of context like most are, but so many people just read the headline.

Hey the guy said he'd rather be dead that not have free speech and I guess he got his wish. My personal opinion , which means jack, is that kind of "satire" is what we can do without, and its called racism hiding behind cartoons. I guess a few French Muslims didn't find it funny.

Taken our of context. He went on to say intolerance if a form of violence, he was talking about hate speech, even holocaust denial was in that speech.

That headline was taken out of context like most are, but so many people just read the headline.

Hey the guy said he'd rather be dead that not have free speech and I guess he got his wish. My personal opinion , which means jack, is that kind of "satire" is what we can do without, and its called racism hiding behind cartoons. I guess a few French Muslims didn't find it funny.

Satire is a European tradition.

Of course they didn't, in the most favorable state for Muslims of Europe - so basically they killed them, makes sense.

Now, I realize you are completely lacking in education, but what race are Muslims, again?

How long would it take for a Western journalist to blame the Charlie Hebdomurders on French colonialism and journalistic insensitivity to the feelings of Muslims? Not nearly as long, I suspected, as it would take a journalist in the Muslim world to blame them on the legacy of Mohammed and Islam.

And I was right. It took less than four hours for an associate editor of the Financial Times, Tony Barber, to post a piece on the website of his august publication blaming the journalists and cartoonists of the satirical French magazine (and the two policemen as well?) for their own deaths. Here is what he originally wrote and posted, though he later edited out the final clause:

Equating Prudence with Cowardice by Theodore Dalrymple City Journal 7 January 2015

Forum List

Back