Europe needs to "fend for itself"--Angela Merkel

Eloy

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2016
European Union
The Europeans are stunned by president-elect Donald Trump's statements about the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and his cosying-up to Russia. In response, although Donald Trump is not yet the Commander-in-Chief of American armed forces, German Chancellor Angela Merkel warned that "Europe would have to fend more for itself." (THE TIMES 27 Jan. page 1) NATO was described as "obsolete" by Donald Trump in the sensationalist German newspaper Bild published yesterday.

The Kremlin said yesterday that they agree with Trump. Dmitri Peskov, spokesman for Vladimir Putin, said: "NATO is truly an anachronism, and we agree with this." (THE TIMES page 2) Is it any wonder that the Russians were helping Trump win the presidential election, it must be asked.

Angela Merkel is right; for the first time since the end of the Second World War, under the presidential leadership of Donald Trump the alliance which has protected western Europe and now almost the entirety of the continent is listing badly. The sign is there in the person of Donald Trump that Europe is no longer able to rely on the alliance with the United States and needs to bond in unity not only politically and economically in the European Union but militarily too.

The structure for a European Union Army is already in place in the Common Security and Defense Policy (CSDP) under which is the European Union Battle Group (EUBG). This needs to be beefed-up to compensate for the United States pulling out of NATO.

Nordic%20Battle%20Group_zpsjp8iv0ju.jpg

Soldiers of the Nordic Battle Group (Sweden, Finland, Norway, Ireland, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania) part of the EUBG

'allahu akbar' , just give them guns and 'euro' military pay and status . You are probably going to end up with lots of unemployed or needy muslims in the ranks of that 'euro military' Eloy

Europe has banked on the US for its security for the last century. Time for them to put on the boots and start defending themselves. The US military should be focused on its proper job - protecting the borders and property of the United States. Nothing else.

Europe has banked on the US for its security for the last century. Time for them to put on the boots and start defending themselves. The US military should be focused on its proper job - protecting the borders and property of the United States. Nothing else.
Angela Merkel agrees with you and she is right.

and then you euros become young compliant Russian while being raped by muslim jihadis eh Eloy ??

and then you euros become young compliant Russian while being raped by muslim jihadis eh Eloy ??
We can look after ourselves and should the Russians attempt to act on their designs on the European Union we will kick the Russian door in and see the whole autocratic structure fall apart.

I don't think so , I know you euro anti war pacifists and its my opinion that you youngish euros believe in nothing and will do any appeasement to stay alive . ---------------------- might be that I , you get to see what happens Eloy .

I don't think so , I know you euro anti war pacifists and its my opinion that you youngish euros believe in nothing and will do any appeasement to stay alive . ---------------------- might be that I , you get to see what happens Eloy .
You are out-of-touch. If Donald Trump's best friend, Putin, sends his army into any EU country we will be marching into Moscow.

sniper_zpssz5fzqoz.jpg

Pity the commissar who comes within rage of our snipers

Forum List

Back