EU set to halt imports of Canadian cherries, other fruits: document

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Canada getting a taste of their own medicine. We put barriers in place for other nations businesses and products as well, like this, finding a convenient justification for it. At least this is overt and above board not like Canada that sends covert police into businesses and tampers with the company, exploiting it from within.

EU set to halt imports of Canadian cherries, other fruits: document

The European Union will halt imports of Canadian cherries and other fresh fruits starting Sept. 1 as it enforces new import requirements related to pests, according to a Canadian government document sent to industry on Thursday.

In the notice, which was seen by Reuters, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency said the restrictions also apply to families of fruits that include apples, pears, cranberries, blueberries, peppers, potatoes and tomatoes. It was not clear if other countries are affected.

“Please note that the CFIA is working with industry to propose pest risk mitigation measures to the EU for these commodities, which may allow exports to resume,” said the notice.

Remember as a kid we’d go pick cherries in BC and eat em till we puked.
There was a super nice neighbor when we lived in the mountains that was on the other side of our mountain with an orchard. I used to ride my horse over there and he would always have cherries for me when they were in season. Never puked on them but they will sure goes through you like water if you eat too many.

Forum List

Back