Escalating air war on IS not the answer: US general

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
"The US military's top officer Sunday defended the pace of the air war against Islamic State jihadists, warning that escalating bombing raids or sending in more American troops would be a mistake."

He argues carpet bombing is a stupid idea. He also believes that the Iraqi government and military's willingness to assume responsibility for the ground war along with making nice with the Sunni population are essential to formulating American air operational planning.

This common sense takes the wind out of our far right reactionary neo-con's sails. Nice.

Oh hey, the Middle East's problems are all solved now. Some Pentagon assclown has all the answers. I'm so happy! I'm so happy!

snoopydancing.gif

I saw a video of the new AC-130 Whiskey...turn that mofo loose and many muzzies will be meeting Allah

• Banned
So we should listen to forced to resign generals for their opinions instead? :)

• Banned
So we should listen to forced to resign generals for their opinions instead? :)

No, those idiots put their love of country ahead of personal ambition. What the hell do they know?
No, they did not, merely preserved their pensions in the face of bad behavior. But, yes, many of us left the service in honorable conditions because we could not abide the CiC. In particular, Lebanon and Iran-Contra led to many service personnel going to civilian life. I know some felt the same way about Carter, and I suspect some have felt that way about Obama.

Forum List

Back