Eric Garner’s kid on Sharpton: ‘He’s all about the money’

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Al Sharpton is all about the Benjamins, a daughter of police chokehold victim Eric Garner claims in a bombshell videotape.

Erica Snipes tees off on the reverend as interested primarily in money during a conversation secretly recorded by controversial conservative activist James O’Keefe’s group, Project Veritas.

One of O’Keefe’s investigators with a hidden camera posed as a Garner supporter during a protest last month at the St. George Ferry Terminal on Staten Island.

“You think Al Sharpton is kind of like a crook in a sense?” the investigator is heard asking Garner’s oldest daughter.

“He’s about this,” Snipes replies, rubbing her fingers together.

“He’s about money with you?” the undercover asks.

“Yeah,” Snipes responds.

Snipes, 24, also complained that the Staten Island director of Sharpton’s National Action Network, Cynthia Davis, scolded her for handing out street fliers about her father’s case that did not include NAN’s logo.

“She started attacking me. ‘Oh, I see that you got this flier out, how come you didn’t add the logo?’ ’’ Snipes said.

The undercover then asks, “They want their logo on your fliers?”

“Instead of me, he wants his face in front,” Snipes says, referring to Sharpton

“But it’s not about them, it’s about your dad,” the undercover says.

“Exactly,” Snipes responds.

“Al Sharpton paid for the funeral. She’s trying to make me feel like I owe them,” she adds.

In an interview with The Post on Monday night, Snipes denied that she had accused Sharpton of being a money-grubber.

“No, I didn’t say that I think Al Sharpton is all about the money,” she said.

ut she stood by her criticism of Davis, the NAN director, who she claimed tried to block her from attending a protest at the Staten Island Museum against mass incarceration.

Sharpton on Monday night accused Project Veritas of “exploiting” Snipes and a dispute within the Garner family.

“They’re splicing and dicing stuff together. It was a distortion. Erica is a sincere victim. She was not trying to infer anything with me,” Sharpton said of the secret recording.

Sharpton said the premise of the criticism is flat wrong. He said NAN helps families, including paying for funerals, and does not take money from them. He said Snipes’ sister, Emerald, now works for NAN.

Moreover, he said, NAN organizes rallies after receiving legal permits from the city and therefore requests that its logo be put on fliers for events it sponsors.

In the video, Sharpton is also criticized by leaders and supporters involved in the Michael Brown police shooting case in Ferguson, Mo., and the Trayvon Martin shooting in Florida, according to the Project Veritas videotapes.

Jean Petrus, a Brooklyn businessman who attended a recent Trayvon Martin Foundation fundraiser in Florida, is also seen criticizing Sharpton in the secretly taped video.

“He knows how to make money and get money. They’re shakedown guys to me. You know, let’s call it what it is, they’re shakedown,” he says in the video.

Petrus told The Post on Monday night that he never consented to an interview and considers himself a “friend of Sharpton.”

“It was an entrapment situation,” Petrus said. “It’s really underhanded.”

Bishop Calvin Scott of Believers Temple in Ferguson also raps Sharpton in the video.

“To some degree, he sort of incites people for the wrong reason,” the bishop says. “I’m in the gathering. He got them all fired up. But I just sense this is not the way you want to go.”

Sharpton dismissed the criticism, saying he went to Ferguson at the request of Brown’s family.

“I condemned the violence in Ferguson,” he said.

The Post attempted to contact all the subjects in the Veritas video documentary. Two responded.

Lawyer Darryl Parks, who is involved with the Trayvon Martin Foundation, said “there may be a little truth in that” when asked in a secret recording whether Sharpton is “all about his money.”

Parks on Monday night told The Post that he was “totally misconstrued” by a woman who misrepresented herself as a donor willing to give $50,000 to the foundation. He said it was a lengthy interview taken out of context.

“This is operating under false disguise. It’s nothing but hogwash,” said Parks, who stressed that he supports Sharpton.

Another subject, Vivian Dudley of One Outreach Ministry in Ferguson, said in the video that she was “not quite sure what Al Sharpton did” when he visited there following Brown’s death. She confirmed that two people identifying themselves as documentarians openly interviewed her.

“They asked me about Sharpton. I don’t have anything bad to say about anybody,” Dudley said Monday night.

Other subjects did not respond or could not be reached for comment.

The National Action Network issued a statement Tuesday on behalf of Eric Garner’s mother, Gwen Carr, and widow, Esaw Garner.

“Today’s NY Post front page story is deeply misleading about the relationship between our family, National Action Network, and Rev. Al Sharpton.

Garner s kid on Sharpton He s all about the money New York Post

-----------------------

What a disaster of a race.

So you seriously support Sharpton?

Yeah, I'm not influenced by popular opinions, rumors and whispers. If you have proof of something that would sway a bit more than a rumor.

I know, I know...Sharpton didnt pay his taxes and thats bad...And Cliven Bundy didnt pay his taxes and that is good.

I know the whole spiel...

Yeah, I'm not influenced by popular opinions, rumors and whispers. If you have proof of something that would sway a bit more than a rumor.

I know, I know...Sharpton didnt pay his taxes and thats bad...And Cliven Bundy didnt pay his taxes and that is good.

I see why you support him. He is a race baiter and a piece of crap.

Your rumors or tsk tsking doesnt matter

Yeah, just ask the duke lacrosse team.

Ask them what?

Ask them what?
You really that naive? He attacked them on false pretenses, he is a race baiter. He should be in jail.

Sharpton has always exploited his own people for personal aggrandizement. It saddens me to see the poor choices of leadership and martyrs the long suffering black community chooses to forward their cause.

They shoot themselves in the foot too often.

But that just makes them as human as every other political body in America. As a whole, we all really suck at picking leaders.

Sharpton has always exploited his own people for personal aggrandizement. It saddens me to see the poor choices of leadership and martyrs the long suffering black community chooses to forward their cause.

But that just makes them as human as every other political body in America. As a whole, we all really suck at picking leaders.
Yep!

Ask them what?
You really that naive? He attacked them on false pretenses, he is a race baiter. He should be in jail.

So, what should I ask them?

Thats been said about every leader that ever existed...especially every black leader. So I pay those rumors no mind.

MLK was hated until they put a bullet in him...then, only after he couldnt speak for himself and enough time passed did people say "Ok, my bad,...I was just joking...he was a pretty good guy"

Ask them what?

Ask them if Sharpton ruined their lives on rumors, to put him in the spotlight.

Ask them what?

Ruined their lives? I thought the prosecutor or at least the person who cried rape was responsible for that. Now I see that you believe Sharpton would've still picked them at random rape accusation or not.

How would any Lacrosse player know why Sharpton did it? Didnt I already tell you I dont care about rumors and accusations?

Ask them what?

Ruined their lives? I thought the prosecutor or at least the person who cried rape was responsible for that. Now I see that you believe Sharpton would've still picked them at random rape accusation or not.

How would any Lacrosse player know why Sharpton did it? Didnt I already tell you I dont care about rumors and accusations?
Sharpton didn't have to go there to make it go national, on the accusations from a stripper. But abiding on your party line, makes you blind to the truth.

Forum List

Back