Eric Cantor shifts tone on Wall Street protesters, calls frustration 'justified'

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Russell Berman

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) made an abrupt shift in rhetoric toward the Wall Street protesters on Tuesday, saying they were “justifiably frustrated,” just days after describing the people in the streets as “growing mobs.”

“People are upset, and they are justifiably frustrated,” Cantor told reporters at his weekly Capitol Hill briefing. “They are out of work. The economy is not moving. Their sense of security for the future is not clear at all. People are afraid, and I get it.”

Much More: Cantor shifts tone on Wall Street protesters, calls frustration 'justified' - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Cantor and House Republicans have done absolutely nothing to help create jobs. They are much more concerned with such things as degrading women's rights.

I do not like Cantor

But I started off the same way, and I'm beginning to think otherwise of the OWS protests... I can't call it a movement because they don't know where they are starting or going and they aren't doing anything

From the linked piece:

“People are upset, and they are justifiably frustrated,” “They are out of work. The economy is not moving. Their sense of security for the future is not clear at all. People are afraid, and I get it.”

The majority leader blamed Obama administration policies for creating the weak economy that has spurred the demonstrations, along with public anger at so-called “crony capitalism” in Washington.

“The Tea Party is very different. The Tea Party were individuals that were … seeking redress of their grievances from the government that they elected,” Cantor said. He said that by contrast, the Wall Street protesters were “pitting themselves against others outside government in America. That’s the difference.”

“The folks who were involved and continue to be so in the Tea Party are worried about the government and its policies,” he added. “It’s not pitting one part of our country against another.”

From the linked piece:

“People are upset, and they are justifiably frustrated,” “They are out of work. The economy is not moving. Their sense of security for the future is not clear at all. People are afraid, and I get it.”

The majority leader blamed Obama administration policies for creating the weak economy that has spurred the demonstrations, along with public anger at so-called “crony capitalism” in Washington.

“The Tea Party is very different. The Tea Party were individuals that were … seeking redress of their grievances from the government that they elected,” Cantor said. He said that by contrast, the Wall Street protesters were “pitting themselves against others outside government in America. That’s the difference.”

“The folks who were involved and continue to be so in the Tea Party are worried about the government and its policies,” he added. “It’s not pitting one part of our country against another.”

Yeah. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of the tea party is unity.

By Russell Berman

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) made an abrupt shift in rhetoric toward the Wall Street protesters on Tuesday, saying they were “justifiably frustrated,” just days after describing the people in the streets as “growing mobs.”

“People are upset, and they are justifiably frustrated,” Cantor told reporters at his weekly Capitol Hill briefing. “They are out of work. The economy is not moving. Their sense of security for the future is not clear at all. People are afraid, and I get it.”

Much More: Cantor shifts tone on Wall Street protesters, calls frustration 'justified' - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room

Does anybody really listen to that little gweeb?

By Russell Berman

Calling Lakhota a gweeb is a tad harsh... but I do agree... s/he's not worth listening to.

Calling Lakhota a gweeb is a tad harsh... but I do agree... s/he's not worth listening to.

omg hot coffee hurts when it shoots thru your nose.

memo to self:

remove all beverages from the area surrounding your keyboard whilst posting at the US Message board.

Great post. I'm still laughing.:clap2:

memo to self:

remove all beverages from the area surrounding your keyboard whilst posting at the US Message board.

You're supposed to sip it through your mouth not suck it up your nose..

If I beleived it was a grass roots movement, I'd run with it. I'm pissed off too. I don't blame people for being angry. Thank the good Lord I'm up here at the moment.

Best example take a look at Detroit. They keep electing Democrats. And they've flushed themselves down the sewer AGAIN. I remember that city when it was just rocking. But as soon as D's get into power first thing they want to do is convert everyone to the religion of sucking off the governments teat.

And I love Michigan. I think it's an awesome state. But when you get the complete power of votes in the inner cities and rural doesn't count anymore, there is no balance.

B A L A N C E.

It counts.

ETA: I used to be a liberal and what one would call a democrat in the old days. It appears they have been hijacked by maniacs.

Last edited:

memo to self:

You're supposed to sip it through your mouth not suck it up your nose..

:lol:

Trust me. I didn't have a straw. And I didn't make a line of Maxwell House. Dear lord, that hurts even thinking about that.

Forum List

Back