What does a man have to do to erase his racist past?

• Suffer physically for his sins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Genuine repented is enough

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Pay in some way

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (if you can, specify what you mean with "other")

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

Scorpion TV

Rookie
Feb 4, 2016
On Vimeo there is a documentary about a REFORMED RACIST SKINHEAD, Bryon Widner, and his painful laser treatments to remove his racist facial TATTOOS, called ERASING HATE.
The TRAILER is available HERE: Watch Erasing Hate Online | Vimeo On Demand

What do you think about it? Do you think that there is the possibility for a redemption for him? Is it enough to remove his tattoos or does he have to do more to be "transformed"?
What does a man have to do to erase his past?

The synopsis: "This award-winning film chronicles a remarkable story of transformation and redemption. In 2009, reformed racist skinhead, Bryon Widner, began painful and extensive laser treatments, totally 25 over 18 months, to remove his racist facial tattoos. But tattoo removal is just the outward sign of an inner transformation. Erasing Hate takes viewers inside the dark world of racist skinheads, through the eyes of one man struggling to escape a life of addiction, bigotry and hatred."

Thank you,
Alessandro

You cannot erase the past. I am reminded of something Roland Barthes wrote, paraphrasing: once something is said it cannot be erased. It could be that this person has matured and today views others as he views himself and say his family. NPR had a piece on a skinhead who woke up when his daughter was not perfect in the eyes of the nutcases he was associated with. Blood is thicker I guess.

"We learn to be racist, therefore we can learn not to be racist. Racism is not genetical. It has everything to do with power." Jane Elliot

No human being can erase past transgressions. No man (that includes priests and popes) has the power to forgive sins or erase them from a person's past according to God's Word - the Bible - there is only one way to have your past sins erased. You must accept that Jesus Christ paid the debt in full for your sins and believe on Him for your salvation according to Romans 10:9,10. When we receive His forgiveness we are free of our past immediately. God casts our past transgressions as far as the east is from the west - to be remembered no more. If God no longer remembers this man's sins then he has no problem. Because when his former friends see his faith in Christ and his love for his fellow man absent of any agenda - they will want what he has. FREEDOM. Religion that is binding and dead is useless. What people need is a relationship with Jesus Christ. Membership at a church will do nothing for you. A denomination or religious system cannot save you - be it Islam or Catholicism or Hinduism - there is only one way to salvation and it is through Christ alone. Anyone who is believing for salvation by any other person (even Mary) remains in condemnation and cannot enter the kingdom of heaven when they die.

Repentance is the first step and accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior according to Romans 10:9,10 is the next step which opens to door for a relationship with Jesus Christ. What God is looking for is a personal relationship with His creation and what Satan is looking to do is keep you from it in any way he can - including using false religion and false prophets, rules, rituals, praying to dead people instead of God - whatever he can get away with - he'll use it.

Last edited:
So, for you, Rouge Rover, it is possible. For you, midcan5, it is impossible.

Right?

Rouge Rover, what do you think that he needs to do? What would you do if you were him?

Right?

Rouge Rover, what do you think that he needs to do? What would you do if you were him?

It's not up to me to decide what he needs to do or to demand anything of him. He has to soothe his own conscience so the only person who can decide what he needs to do is him.

Right?

It's not up to me to decide what he needs to do or to demand anything of him. He has to soothe his own conscience so the only person who can decide what he needs to do is him.

Maybe is too much personal, but what would you do if you were him? You can not to answer, of course...

Right?

Maybe is too much personal, but what would you do if you were him? You can not to answer, of course...

I didn't watch the video and I'm not going to. You can't change the past. I would definitely get rid of the tattoos if I were him but as far as anything else my philosophy is if a change is needed then just shut up and do it, don't make a big production out of it.

You cannot erase the past. I am reminded of something Roland Barthes wrote, paraphrasing: once something is said it cannot be erased. It could be that this person has matured and today views others as he views himself and say his family. NPR had a piece on a skinhead who woke up when his daughter was not perfect in the eyes of the nutcases he was associated with. Blood is thicker I guess.

"We learn to be racist, therefore we can learn not to be racist. Racism is not genetical. It has everything to do with power." Jane Elliot
Jane Elliot is a self hating racist who literally went to England to tell white people they stole from so called "people of color".

She is nothing more than a house slave propagating black supremacy.

Jane Elliot is a self hating racist who literally went to England to tell white people they stole from so called "people of color".

You really get upset when white women side with Black guys dont you? :laugh:

This is a complete lie.

Racial feeling is IN FACT "genetical". Thousands of years of evolution have made it so.

Jane Elliot is a self-hating white of the most deluded and extreme sort.

That is funny coming from a black man. You literally have an entire media attacking black conservatives as "coons".

Damon Dash calls out cousin Stacey Dash for 'cooning'

Stacey Dash is Assata Shakur next to a self hating bitch like Jane Elliot.

You really don't like level playing fields when it comes to talking about race, do you?

This is a complete lie.

Racial feeling is IN FACT "genetical". Thousands of years of evolution have made it so.

Jane Elliot is a self-hating white of the most deluded and extreme sort.
She literally went to England to tell white people there that they stole that country from "people of color".

...rather than the obvious fact that it was and is the other way around.

That is funny coming from a black man. You literally have an entire media attacking black conservatives as "coons".

You really don't like level playing fields when it comes to talking about race, do you?
Whats more funny is your deflection. I asked about your personal feelings not some celebrity. You white cave monkeys are good at deflecting though.
laugh.gif

Whats more funny is your deflection. I asked about your personal feelings not some celebrity. You white cave monkeys are good at deflecting though.
laugh.gif
I deflected your deflection, dipshit.

laugh.gif
I deflected your deflection, dipshit.
I wasnt deflecting. I was making an observation and asking a question. You deflected because you couldnt handle the emotional impact of my question.

I wonder when they will do one on the Mexican gang members, the black gang members, Asian, etc we have running around today? so they take ONE dude from the KKK and is probably a registered Democrat and make him out to be some hero. whoa:rolleyes-41:

What he could do is what a lot of white chicks do and have sex with a black man. This makes them feel like they're made up for injustices to their distant relatives (whether they were slaves or not is immaterial) plus it proves they aren't racist. It's a win/win.

New Topics

Forum List

Back