EPIC: US Embassy trolls Russia/Putin after Putin's revisionist history...

hjmick

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2007
Charleston, SC
I have to know, did the U.S. Embassy Kyiv hire the kid who runs the Wendy's Twitter account? I find it difficult to believe we have a government employee this capable... especially in this or the previous administration...

The US embassy in Kyiv trolled Russia with a meme on Tuesday after President Vladimir Putin went on revisionist history tirade on why Ukraine is not a real country.

A photo posted to Twitter by the embassy shows four photos of religious sites in Kyiv from the years 996 to 1108. Underneath is four photos of a forest with "Moscow" written underneath, and marked with the same timeline.

There was no caption.

1645562181544.png

The meme is a reference to a speech Putin gave on Monday where he claimed that Ukraine was a creation of the Soviet Union and part of Russia's historic territory.

"Ukraine has never had its own authentic statehood. There has never been a sustainable statehood in Ukraine," Putin said. The Russian leader has repeatedly suggested that Ukraine is not a real country, and has referred to Ukrainians and Russians as one people...

Time for Putin to take a history class... then again, the tweet may have schooled him... if he saw it.

I have to know, did the U.S. Embassy Kyiv hire the kid who runs the Wendy's Twitter account? I find it difficult to believe we have a government employee this capable... especially in this or the previous administration...

The US embassy in Kyiv trolled Russia with a meme on Tuesday after President Vladimir Putin went on revisionist history tirade on why Ukraine is not a real country.

A photo posted to Twitter by the embassy shows four photos of religious sites in Kyiv from the years 996 to 1108. Underneath is four photos of a forest with "Moscow" written underneath, and marked with the same timeline.

There was no caption.

View attachment 605051

The meme is a reference to a speech Putin gave on Monday where he claimed that Ukraine was a creation of the Soviet Union and part of Russia's historic territory.

"Ukraine has never had its own authentic statehood. There has never been a sustainable statehood in Ukraine," Putin said. The Russian leader has repeatedly suggested that Ukraine is not a real country, and has referred to Ukrainians and Russians as one people...

Time for Putin to take a history class... then again, the tweet may have schooled him... if he saw it.
I think it was well done no matter who came up with it.

Yeah, the article mentions the fact that Ukraine has been conquered more than once...
But werent the current boundaries of Ukraine established by the SU?
Just because Kiev is an old city, doesnt mean he was wrong.
IDK much about it but i just googled and couldnt find anything that differs.

• Disagree
Reactions: xyz

To be honest, I don't know much about the region either. According to the article:

Russia was in many ways born out of a medieval political federation founded by Vikings known as Kievan Rus, of which Kyiv was once the capital (Novgorod, a Russian city, also played a key role in the empire's history). The name "Russia" is actually derived from Kievan Rus.

...the present-day Ukrainian capital was a major player in the region long before Moscow even existed.

Much of the territory now part of modern Ukraine would be conquered or ruled over by various empires and kingdoms over the centuries — including the Russian Empire. And Ukraine was also a part of the Soviet Union.

But like any country, Ukraine has its own distinct history and culture. Ukrainians in 1991 also overwhelmingly voted to leave the Soviet Union in a democratic referendum

It would seem logical that the modern day boundaries were the result their vote to leave the Soviet Union rather than drawing them based on some historical maps...

Why rewrite history to try modifying current UN-agreed national boundaries? Maybe we can go back in history and give back the land stolen from Native Americans. No?

It is CLEAR that Ukraine has been an INDEPENDENT nation since 1991, and they have their own LANGUAGE beyond other cultural attributes.
Putin simply wants to recreate the "prestige" of the USSR along with instituting the authoritarianism of Stalin and Hitler's nationalism.

Well, one must remember that during the Soviet Times many were taught there was no history before Stalin, so Putin might truly believe what nonsense he spews, and that is the scary part…
He's like trump, he's a psychopath. He also believe he's patriotic, he believes he's acting correctly or properly, and whatever he does is justified.

View attachment 605051

Bravo! Now please do Washington D.C.

Russia actually should be part of Ukraine.

Putin is wrong, but doesn’t care…he just wants the terroritory under his control.

Forum List

Back