EPA to Crack Down on Farm Dust

My point about the EPA is that they are way too big and way too powerfull in relation to the amount of oversight they receive. I don't fully trust any government bureaucracy that has the power to implement new federal "laws" without congressional approval. That type of autocratic power is dangerous. It should be disbanded and reorganized into the Department of Enviromental Protection, led by a congressionally approved Secretary and answer to the American people via the congress. That's all I'm saying. Not too much to ask, right? :)

It's fing dust. Good luck to the gestapo on nickel and diming the already fiscally raped farmers with more bureacratic silliness.

Hmmmm....... Excessive dust has never been a problem in our farm country, correct? The Dirty Thirties was Commie Revisionist History?

Should things go dry for that part of the nation again, then the plowing will have to cease. Or we can just have a repeat of the Dirty Thirties.

It's fing dust. Good luck to the gestapo on nickel and diming the already fiscally raped farmers with more bureacratic silliness.

Actually its not just "fing dust". It is a very specific size of airborne particle that causes very specific and very real health problems. "Inhalable dust" is something that is 100 micrometers or less. This is not regulated under the particulate matter part clean air act (which is what this proposed change is about). We are talking about what is known as the thoracic fraction of particles, which measure less than 10 micrometers and can make it into the bronchi of the lungs (whereas larger particles get filtered in the nose and throat. The idea that the EPA will be chasing farmers down gravel roads and measuring the dust clouds kicked up by their trucks is absurd. The change, if adopted, will probably be less stringent on farmers in the long run.

Last edited:
Hmmmm....... Excessive dust has never been a problem in our farm country, correct? The Dirty Thirties was Commie Revisionist History?

Should things go dry for that part of the nation again, then the plowing will have to cease. Or we can just have a repeat of the Dirty Thirties.

Try reading up on the causes. With the intruduction of contour farming and the planting of shelter belts it's almost imposible for that situation to repeat itself at the same level.

Forum List

Back