Enough is enough. Time to spell the homophones "There," They're," and "Their" the same!

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Spelling is a lost art, anyway. I can almost always, maybe always, tell by context which th --- the writer meant. Which is why it is a distraction, either amusing or annoying, depending on my mood.

I just saw an example on here, by a poster who was making a good point, and it really annoyed me, because it broke my concentration on the substance. Once in a great while, I make the slip myself. I always catch it after I re-read my post, and I obsessively must correct it. So let's just make them all the same.

Ok, nothing we can to to change the world from here. But, may I propose that we avoid pointing this error out on this forum, no matter how tempting it is? That would be a start.

Spelling is a lost art, anyway. I can almost always, maybe always, tell by context which th --- the writer meant. Which is why it is a distraction, either amusing or annoying, depending on my mood.

I just saw an example on here, by a poster who was making a good point, and it really annoyed me, because it broke my concentration on the substance. Once in a great while, I make the slip myself. I always catch it after I re-read my post, and I obsessively must correct it. So let's just make them all the same.

Ok, nothing we can to to change the world from here. But, may I propose that we avoid pointing this error out on this forum, no matter how tempting it is? That would be a start.

Iffin ewe caint dun speel koriktlee, den eye dun wantcha round my younguns two krupps dem!!

1656995344049.png

Adding yonder back to common usage resolves on of those fer ya.

how about the possessive its. i always want to write it's with an apostrophe. the English language/grammar can be very confusing.

You can't spell "their" and "they're" the same. "they're" is two different words.

how about the possessive its. i always want to write it's with an apostrophe. the English language/grammar can be very confusing.

Kind of easy.

My, your, his, her, its.

I'm, you're, he's, she's, it's.......

I mean.... how easy is that?

It is = it's

how bout the noun cook. the adjective is cook, not cooker. i think the adjective of cook should be cooker.

Forum List

Back