Enforcing immigration laws

Netmar

Rookie
Oct 31, 2016
I really just had a question that no one has been able to answer for me to my satisfaction.

I have done a little research on other country's immigration laws and enforcement. Almost all of them are able to enforce their laws with the support of their people.

The U.S. however, is not one of those countries. It looks to me that we do not enforce many of our own immigration laws, and if states try to pass laws to make it easier for enforcement of those laws, they are shot down as being targeted. Anyone who brings up the subject is quickly silenced, being called racist or some other things.

So my question, why can't we enforce our own immigration laws? They are there for a reason. Btw, I have zero problems with ppl coming into the country legally. My wife is an immigrant.

You should have a very strict immigration laws.
If somebody has no work (or he's not a student) he can't live in your country
That's the best way to have less illegal immigrants :)
(you can't remove illegal immigration at all but you can do something!)

How come nobody ever bothers to look shit up? Does that Trump Kool Aid come in different flavors?

Obama Has Deported More People Than Any Other President
How does he compare to other presidents?
According to governmental data, the Obama administration has deported more people than any other president's administration in history.
In fact, they have deported more than the sum of all the presidents of the 20th century.

I look shit up all the time homebrew, however, your response still doesn't answer the question. And the question didn't mention any president because the question wasn't "which president deported more illegal immigrants"

Your "job creator"class has always wanted them here.
Does this mean you are for illegal immigration or against it? "Job creator class" is a jab at the top 5-10%? So you don't like them and they are for cheap labor. Who do you choose?

Honestly, what would you do about illegal immigration?

What would I do? Many things. A start to enforcing our own immigration laws consistently would be a great beginning.

Many countries track ppl coming in legally so that they can enforce their laws on length of stay and which visa the person has, that would be another good idea. Deporting all of the illegal immigrants in the U.S. would be something I think we should be starting to do already, and I'm not talking a few here or there. Kids that were born to illegal parents should of course go with their parents, but given a dual citizenship. I think that's fair. There are many things we could be doing, consistently, but we aren't.

How come nobody ever bothers to look shit up? Does that Trump Kool Aid come in different flavors?

According to governmental data, the Obama administration has deported more people than any other president's administration in history.
In fact, they have deported more than the sum of all the presidents of the 20th century.

Are you interested in buying a bridge?

Are you interested in buying a bridge?

Ooh I want one, but you gotta move it over DC so we can all watch the bs that goes on there

Our founding fathers did not envision a day and age where a foreign country (Mexico, for example) would become a staging ground for cross border infiltration on the order of a massive invasion. We had just won our Independence from England, the word's greatest power at the time separated by an entire ocean. The bonds holding us back from Independence and from freedom as a Independent Democracy were the bonds of power between British soldiers and King George on one side and the American rebellion on the other. Separation from England was an act of treason for which we fought the Revolutionary war. Our history as a nation has not seen this precedence setting illegal immigration or massive infiltration of Mexican citizens crossing our borders nor has it imagined these same illegals finding refuge by those who have done so successfully in the past. This now creates a perception that it is OK, to pretend to be an American, enjoying the benefits of citizenship, because America is not seen as being a "safe haven" for political refugees seeking freedom. America for these illegals is perceived as being too weak and too indefensible to know the difference between those who are really Americans and those who are just pretending to be.
While our founding fathers may not have predicted a massive infiltration of illegal immigration into this country, they had the forethought to separate the powers of government between 3 branches of government; The Executive branch, the Legislative branch and the Judicial branch. The Executive branch (counting as 1/3 of this separation) is our commander in chief, the President. If the President does not perceive the matters of immigration to be a serious threat then it is up to our other 2 branches of government, the Legislative (Congress) and the Judicial branch to address the issues of illegal immigration. How effectively other countries may be in dealing with this problem is a matter of opinion. A government may simply just have a quota system whereby, other more deserving people may be denied simply because they waited too long. I would argue this is not an effective means of dealing with illegal immigration because it goes against providing "safe haven" to those who are oppressed by political oppression.
So can we continue to look elsewhere beyond are own borders for answers to questions that are uniquely American or should we continue to ask, why has the Congress not acted in deterring illegal immigration. The first amendment to the Constitution empowers American citizens with freedom of speech and the right to peaceably assemble in protest of the government. Yet, within certain thresholds whereby a protest may become violent to an extent where it infringes on the rights of others, what is a Constitution right can quickly become a violation of the rights of others. Are we to fault our police who respond to violent protests with water cannons and tear gas? Even to a point of clear and present danger to one's safety and concerns over personal property such condemnations are seldom expressed when obviously displayed as justifiable. In this light, therefore, it seems plausible, as well, that illegal immigration can be dealt with in a way that enforces the concepts that our founding fathers had of being a "safe haven" for politically oppressed individuals and yet also creates the awareness that these freedoms given to us are relative to the freedoms and safety that we all enjoy as citizens of the United States.

Well said.

I'm just sick and tired of ppl in government saying they are working on immigration issues and nothing ever gets done. We can have our protests, but ultimately, it's those same ppl in the government blowing smoke up our asses that never seem to get around to it

I really just had a question that no one has been able to answer for me to my satisfaction.

I have done a little research on other country's immigration laws and enforcement. Almost all of them are able to enforce their laws with the support of their people.

The U.S. however, is not one of those countries. It looks to me that we do not enforce many of our own immigration laws, and if states try to pass laws to make it easier for enforcement of those laws, they are shot down as being targeted. Anyone who brings up the subject is quickly silenced, being called racist or some other things.

So my question, why can't we enforce our own immigration laws? They are there for a reason. Btw, I have zero problems with ppl coming into the country legally. My wife is an immigrant.

Each countries has different kinds of immigration policies and restrictions. Our country happened to be more complex than the rest of the world.
Despite how Trump portrayed our borders and deportation.......... we are not that bad. Do you have any particular in mind?

Being called a racist when posting about immigration ................... That depends on how members post. Most of the time people make comments using strong hatred and racist remarks kind of approach. So how do you suppose to deal with that?

What would I do? Many things. A start to enforcing our own immigration laws consistently would be a great beginning.

Many countries track ppl coming in legally so that they can enforce their laws on length of stay and which visa the person has, that would be another good idea. Deporting all of the illegal immigrants in the U.S. would be something I think we should be starting to do already, and I'm not talking a few here or there. Kids that were born to illegal parents should of course go with their parents, but given a dual citizenship. I think that's fair. There are many things we could be doing, consistently, but we aren't.

1. How does other countries track people that are coming in legally or illegally over stay visa?
2. We are deporting illegals as we speak.
3. Deporting illegals with American kids. How are you going to accomplish that? And what made you think they will take it with them? What is your cut off age? And who will feed, cloth, house them if they decided to stay?

Each countries has different kinds of immigration policies and restrictions. Our country happened to be more complex than the rest of the world.
Despite how Trump portrayed our borders and deportation.......... we are not that bad. Do you have any particular in mind?

Being called a racist when posting about immigration ................... That depends on how members post. Most of the time people make comments using strong hatred and racist remarks kind of approach. So how do you suppose to deal with that?

I'm not racist and don't choose to talk or have discussions with ignorant people. So really, I don't deal with it.

Our borders are like a leaky faucet at this point. I hope trump will be able to do something about that. Others deal with immigration the way I deal with racism.

One thing that needs to change is the fact that an illegal immigrant can come here, get an ID, a licence, and then get social services. They don't pay taxes and they are a HUGE drain on food stamps and other services that are really meant for people that are temporarily down on their luck.

I'm not racist and don't choose to talk or have discussions with ignorant people. So really, I don't deal with it.

Our borders are like a leaky faucet at this point. I hope trump will be able to do something about that. Others deal with immigration the way I deal with racism.

One thing that needs to change is the fact that an illegal immigrant can come here, get an ID, a licence, and then get social services. They don't pay taxes and they are a HUGE drain on food stamps and other services that are really meant for people that are temporarily down on their luck.

I never said you are a racist.

They left because the Mortgages stopped.
We are in a Housing Bubble now and Trespassers are doing the work.

1. How does other countries track people that are coming in legally or illegally over stay visa?
2. We are deporting illegals as we speak.
3. Deporting illegals with American kids. How are you going to accomplish that? And what made you think they will take it with them? What is your cut off age? And who will feed, cloth, house them if they decided to stay?

I never said I had all the answers. And you are correct, we are deporting illegals, however, we are only deporting those that get caught by the police during or after committing a criminal act and only after they have served time in our jails further straining our resources.

Controlling immigration is a crime against humanity.

You should research more. Illegals are able to come into this country and use our resources, take our jobs, and in some cases they fake and forge their way to vote. All while NOT being citizens of the united States. That is bs and needs to change.

I never said you are a racist.

I know you didn't, you asked how I dealt with it.

Forum List

Back