Energy expert Dan Yergin says the U.S. is looking for a way to ‘peel Russia back’ from China

surada

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2021
Do you read Dan Yergin? he's the smartest guy when it comes to oil, gas and geopolitics. I have been reading him for years. He's brilliant.

POLITICS
Energy expert Dan Yergin says the U.S. is looking for a way to ‘peel Russia back’ from China
PUBLISHED THU, MAY 20 20216:04 AM EDTUPDATED 34 MIN AGO

The U.S. wants Russia to pivot away from China, and may be showing flexibility on sanctions as an “olive branch,” according to Daniel Yergin, vice chairman of IHS Markit.
Washington on Wednesday imposed sanctions on some vessels and entities involved in the construction of the Nord Stream 2 pipeline that would bring natural gas from Russia to Germany.
But some sanctions were waived “in the national interest of the United States,” a press statement from the U.S. State Department said.

continued

Russia deal with whoever has the money and the balls. Right now that's china. We look like a bunch of pussies and we keep wasting trillions on garbage ideas and letting illegals flood the country. Russia won't want to deal with us.

Russia deal with whoever has the money and the balls. Right now that's china. We look like a bunch of pussies and we keep wasting trillions on garbage ideas and letting illegals flood the country. Russia won't want to deal with us.

You've never read Yergin either, have you?

Do you read Dan Yergin? he's the smartest guy when it comes to oil, gas and geopolitics. I have been reading him for years. He's brilliant.

POLITICS

The U.S. wants Russia to pivot away from China, and may be showing flexibility on sanctions as an “olive branch,” according to Daniel Yergin, vice chairman of IHS Markit.
Washington on Wednesday imposed sanctions on some vessels and entities involved in the construction of the Nord Stream 2 pipeline that would bring natural gas from Russia to Germany.
But some sanctions were waived “in the national interest of the United States,” a press statement from the U.S. State Department said.

continued

Well I am sure his friends as Burisma Holdings appreciates their investment in Biden, Inc., paying off.

POLITICS

continued

Well I am sure his friends as Burisma Holdings appreciates their investment in Biden, Inc., paying off.

What does that have to do with Nordstream gas pipeline?

POLITICS

continued

Ukrainian oil and gas strongly opposes nordstream 2's construction

POLITICS

continued

Ukrainian oil and gas strongly opposes nordstream 2's construction

Oh yeah. Ukraine wants the transit fees.

Nordstream 2 will be selling less gas to the Europeans than the hysteria claims.

I don't know why they would buy more expensive gas from Texas or why we would try to force them to do that.

Forum List

Back