Endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
It says in the declaration of independence that all men (he would have said women to if he were alive today) are endowed by their creator certain inalienable rights. I know some of you 'liberals' who read this will deny that as an historical fact but let me cut and past the exact words from the text for you.

that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights

Thomas Jefferson did not say that rights were given to us by God in this document but by their creator which could mean different things to different people. A person who believes that God created the universe believes that his creator gave him those inalienable rights. It does not matter if you think that the universe was a statistical accident because whatever was responsible for your existence also gave you those same rights. In other words, no matter what you believe was responsible for your existence it does not change the fact that that thing that was responsible for it also granted you "certain unalienable Rights" with it.

Those that say rights are God-given are just paraphrasing this concept because they believe God is their creator and that creator gave them those rights.

Now, since governments are created by people then, by the same token, it should make sense that whatever rights the government has was given to them by the people that it governs since it was the people that created it.

Disagree. Men deemed what were and were not unalienable rights, and so, they're alienable.

• Banned
Disagree. Men deemed what were and were not unalienable rights, and so, they're alienable.

I know people pass laws restricting the freedom of other people all the time but that is not a justification for the theft of someone's freedom because if it was then slaves had no right to be free because 'men deemed what were and were not unalienable rights' for them.

Thieves and murderers also decide what rights are inalienable. A thief decides that someone's right to their property is removable but decides that person's right to their life is also unremoveable while a murderer decides that a person's right to live is removable. Doesn't the victim have an absolute say in what their rights are over these matters?

What if it is a group of thieves or murderers who collectively decide to do it and sanctify their actions by saying it is the will of the collective? What makes the collective so holy that anything it thinks of is the equal to the will of God?

Last edited:
I'm trying to find the logic in what you're saying..........but I can't.

Are you saying that "because evil men can be in power, a creator gave us unalienable rights?" --because, it REALLY looks like that's the logic you're using, and frankly it's quite retarted.

Has it ever dawned on you that maybe..........just MAYBE, mankind has been inherently good for the most part? Moms, Dads, Hero's, etc.

Money and resources is what fucks it all up.

And yea, men declared what rights were unalienable. I looked, but I couldn't find a video of someone else doing so.

our inalienable rights are not writen down anywhere, are they? i thought un or inalienable rights are all the rights we have that are NOT LISTED???

It says in the declaration of independence that all men (he would have said women to if he were alive today) are endowed by their creator certain inalienable rights. I know some of you 'liberals' who read this will deny that as an historical fact but let me cut and past the exact words from the text for you.

that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights

Thomas Jefferson did not say that rights were given to us by God in this document but by their creator which could mean different things to different people. A person who believes that God created the universe believes that his creator gave him those inalienable rights. It does not matter if you think that the universe was a statistical accident because whatever was responsible for your existence also gave you those same rights. In other words, no matter what you believe was responsible for your existence it does not change the fact that that thing that was responsible for it also granted you "certain unalienable Rights" with it.

Those that say rights are God-given are just paraphrasing this concept because they believe God is their creator and that creator gave them those rights.

Now, since governments are created by people then, by the same token, it should make sense that whatever rights the government has was given to them by the people that it governs since it was the people that created it.

Bullshit.
When Jefferson wrote "their Creator" he clearly meant God. What else? They are endowed by their parents with inalienable rights?
He further writes (had you bothered to read) that the purpose of government is to 'secure these rights" and that the justification for government's ability is the consent of the governed.
So rights do not come from the government (on this view) or from the people themselves. Their enforcement and guarantee are what comes from government, which is legitimate because it represents the will of the people.

Of course, many of us hold that this is all nonsense. Rights do not come from "the Creator." Rights are products of societal constructs.

you have the rights you can defend

you have the rights that the government hasn't taken away from you yet

you have the rights that everyone agreed to via laws, rules and regulations.

you do NOT have even 1 right that was given to you by any mythical creatures

there are NO mythical creatures

since they don't exist
they can't give anyone any rights

you have the right to continue to be a deranged lunatic

you have the right to show everyone on this message board just what a deranged lunatic you truly are by posting your insanities

I have the right to tell you what I think of you

(where did I get that right?......I took it! I gave it to myself! no god was needed)

The Natural Rights Jefferson spoke of exist independent of the agreement of any transient majority or let of any tyrant/king/president. Always the Free Man is in the right when he smashes those who would usurp his natural freedom. The man who will not smash the wannabe usurper is indeed a pathetic groveling cur unworthy of his humanity.

The man who will not smash the wannabe usurper is indeed a pathetic groveling cur unworthy of his humanity.

Words to live by

Actually they were of the opinion that these truths were self-evident. Self-evident is very different from deemed by men.

Have you never read the document?

Yes, we all know that it's in the Declaration of Independence.

But it's rhetoric.

What defines a right?

Classic symptom of mental libtardation. When stuck for an intelligent response, argue reality is just a concept.

Yes, we all know that it's in the Declaration of Independence.

But it's rhetoric.

What defines a right?

Classic symptom of mental libtardation. When stuck for an intelligent response, argue reality is just a concept.

By this do you mean that you don't understand what I said, so you're going to attempt to make fun of me for it?

That's what it looks like to me.

Actually they were of the opinion that these truths were self-evident. Self-evident is very different from deemed by men.

Have you never read the document?

Who determined they were self-evident again>? Remind me...........:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back