End the lockdown...look at Sweden

How are we putting up with this any more? Check this link to see the total deaths year by year for Sweden, who did NOT lock down, and are totally back to normal. Spoiler alert, they are doing better than anyone else.

Sweden Total Deaths by Year...What does this mean?
"Given all the politics around how c19 deaths are or are not labeled, looking at total deaths can be useful. I graphed Sweden's total deaths per million for Jan-Sept, over 7 years. As the only western country not to lock down, why aren't more people driven to learn from Sweden?" - Yinon Weiss
LINK

Sweden did take steps to mitigate the disease. They had mixed results. Compared to their Scandinavian neighbors, they have a higher rate of infection per 100,000 citizens.
But they are doing much better than we are. The big difference is that their citizens listened to the experts and adhered to the steps the Swedish government took.

Like going out to eat but sitting some distance apart.

Their biggest mistake was letting it into old folks homes. It killed a lot of them.

Cuomo saw that and said "Hell, I can do better than that.".....and he did.

Why didn't deaths go up in Sweden this year?? Is COVID-19 a nothing-burger?

They killed a lot of elderly.

I suspect this just robbed from the pool of people who were going to pass soon anyway (and I am in now way excusing sending people beyond before their time).

How are we putting up with this any more? Check this link to see the total deaths year by year for Sweden, who did NOT lock down, and are totally back to normal. Spoiler alert, they are doing better than anyone else.

"Given all the politics around how c19 deaths are or are not labeled, looking at total deaths can be useful. I graphed Sweden's total deaths per million for Jan-Sept, over 7 years. As the only western country not to lock down, why aren't more people driven to learn from Sweden?" - Yinon Weiss
LINK

There's no lockdown in the United States.

Tell that to the people of Michigan who continue to fight with that moron they call a governor.

LINK

There's no lockdown in the United States.

Tell that to the people of Michigan who continue to fight with that moron they call a governor.

Her approval rating is very high in Michigan unlike your Trump's.

LINK

Sweden did take steps to mitigate the disease. They had mixed results. Compared to their Scandinavian neighbors, they have a higher rate of infection per 100,000 citizens.
But they are doing much better than we are. The big difference is that their citizens listened to the experts and adhered to the steps the Swedish government took.

They did NOT have mixed results. Sweden is a full-blown success story on how covid SHOULD HAVE been handled. Right along the lines, we all were saying back in April.

The US would be nearly out of the woods had we done it their way. Instead, we had to follow the failed democrat way and ignore science.

LINK

They did NOT have mixed results. Sweden is a full-blown success story on how covid SHOULD HAVE been handled. Right along the lines, we all were saying back in April.

The US would be nearly out of the woods had we done it their way. Instead, we had to follow the failed democrat way and ignore science.

The results were and remained mixed. You're mis-informed.
As for the politics, the blob declared a national emergency, not the Democrats.

LINK

LOL Too funny.

The results ARE NOT mixed. They are clear and a clear success.

You are spinning to give cover to the failed policies we have been following for the past six months. Already they are saying that we are going to see another spike in cases. Note that there is never a spike in hospitalizations or deaths go along with that.

The science has been clear for the past 4 months. Lockdowns and masks are the WRONG policy and as a result, are killing more and more people. You are clearly politicizing a pandemic.

LINK

LOL Too funny.

You are spinning to give cover to the failed policies we have been following for the past six months. Already they are saying that we are going to see another spike in cases. Note that there is never a spike in hospitalizations or deaths go along with that.

The science has been clear for the past 4 months. Lockdowns and masks are the WRONG policy and as a result, are killing more and more people. You are clearly politicizing a pandemic.

Their cases per 100,000 is higher than any of their neighbors.
I agree, your blob has failed.
You brought up politics.

LINK

LOL Too funny.

Their cases per 100,000 is higher than any of their neighbors.
I agree, your blob has failed.
You brought up politics.

Incorrect. Each and every time you say that masks work, you bring up politics. Their overall infection rate is immaterial because their hospitalizations and deaths have fallen off and flattened out.
Why? Herd immunity is protecting them. You know, the real science of pathogens.

/thread

LINK

Rate of infection means nothing really, that is largely based on testing. Look at deaths and you see that allowing the virus to run its course with healthy people, while shielding the unhealthy, has vastly outperformed EVERY other approach across the globe.

Why are we not doing that? Did you see the Link? -How do you explain that?

Except a lot of people with pre-existing conditions are not aware of the PEC. So when you say "shield the unhealthy" you're likely not going to get those who don't know they have heart disease or diabetes.

Did you look at the link I posted? How do you explain the total deaths by year for Sweden? What happened to their heart disease and diabetes folks this year?

That is wrong of course.

and we are the worst.

LINK

Like going out to eat but sitting some distance apart.

Their biggest mistake was letting it into old folks homes. It killed a lot of them.

Cuomo saw that and said "Hell, I can do better than that.".....and he did.

Yes you see all them vets dying in NH in Florida and Texas.

I was on I-95 in Connecticut today a state noted for voter fraud and anti-American democrats. No need to go into detail. Funny today ZERO Biden support. But at least one pickup truck with an American flag, Trump stickers and it was beat up so no BLM/ANTIFATA douchebags dared attack since he also had nothing to lose. Folks IMO President Trump is more popular than ever and will be re-elected in another landslide victory.

LINK

Stupid premature Bidenista jackass.

Forum List

Back