End of Oil is at our door step; what next?

should this concern you

• yes

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • no

Votes: 29 93.5%
  • maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Binary thinkers project their binary thinking onto everyone else.
If one opposes the current excessive dependence on petroleum products and the industries involved, it does not immediately imply that the person is opposed to any and all use of petroleum.

Binary thinkers project their binary thinking onto everyone else.
If one opposes the current excessive dependence on petroleum products and the industries involved, it does not immediately imply that the person is opposed to any and all use of petroleum.

If hydrocarbon use is going to end human civilization, how much use is okay?

If hydrocarbon use is going to end human civilization, how much use is okay?
It is the excessive use that is dangerous, not any and all. Obviously, it is the release of so much waste into the atmosphere directly through too many oversized vehicles that is the problem. When engines do not even obtain a fifty percent efficiency level in the first place, multiplying them by the millions is an evident mistake. Using such engines for agriculture or even for essential trucking is not a real threat. It is not natural for a creature to consciously poison itself.

It is the excessive use that is dangerous, not any and all. Obviously, it is the release of so much waste into the atmosphere directly through too many oversized vehicles that is the problem. When engines do not even obtain a fifty percent efficiency level in the first place, multiplying them by the millions is an evident mistake. Using such engines for agriculture or even for essential trucking is not a real threat. It is not natural for a creature to consciously poison itself.

It is the excessive use that is dangerous, not any and all.

What's the line between "okay to use" and "you killed the planet"?

because we have centuries of fossil fuel left
Summary Table as of 2017
Oil Reserves
1,650,585,140,000 barrels
Oil Consumption
barrels per year
97,103,871 barrels per day
Reserves/Consumption
47 (years left)
That means "all" will be gone. The world panic will occur much sooner
World Oil Statistics - Worldometer
(Data shown in the table is for 2016. Counter shows current estimate.)
I am bewildered to watch people jump up and down to create renewables because of climate change when at the same time oil reserves are running out too.
I find it ironic that both goals have the same end in mind.
:)-

Summary Table as of 2017
Oil Reserves
1,650,585,140,000 barrels
Oil Consumption
barrels per year
97,103,871 barrels per day
Reserves/Consumption
47 (years left)
That means "all" will be gone. The world panic will occur much sooner
World Oil Statistics - Worldometer
(Data shown in the table is for 2016. Counter shows current estimate.)
I am bewildered to watch people jump up and down to create renewables because of climate change when at the same time oil reserves are running out too.
I find it ironic that both goals have the same end in mind.
Oil was said, to run out in 2005, they said oil would run out in 1910. Yet here we are.

Sad that they have decided to use whatever amount of oil that is left, to build solar and wind farms.

Increasing the use of oil beyond what is sustainable producing inefficeint wind and solar farms that give us almost no electricity in return

With regard to what I'd mentioned previously in the read about financializing nature itself, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) are sorting out the pieces of their puzzleand sorting out the rules on paper now...

On September 29, the SEC, at the request of the NYSE, proposed a rule that would create an entirely new type of company called a Natural Asset Company (NAC). NACs, according to the Proposed Rule, would ''hold the rights to ecological performance.'' These companies would be given license to control lands, both public and private, and would be required not to conduct any ''unsustainable activities, such as mining, that lead to the degradation of the ecosystems.'' In effect, profitting off the lands without using the lands.

I mean, I'm not the kinda feller to say I told you so, buh, uh...you know...

Last edited:
With regard to what I'd mentioned previously in the read about financializing nature itself, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) are sorting out the pieces of their puzzleand sorting out the rules on paper now...

On September 29, the SEC, at the request of the NYSE, proposed a rule that would create an entirely new type of company called a Natural Asset Company (NAC). NACs, according to the Proposed Rule, would ''hold the rights to ecological performance.'' These companies would be given license to control lands, both public and private, and would be required not to conduct any ''unsustainable activities, such as mining, that lead to the degradation of the ecosystems.'' In effect, profitting off the lands without using the lands.

I mean, I'm not the kinda feller to say I told you so, buh, uh...you know...
So we can understand that this is not the establishment of such a company but rather a rule change to partially establish a procedure. There's a lot more to be worked out before any serious action is taken.

Meanwhile I'm surprised by your wording "profitting off the lands without using the lands." Please help me understand what we're saying here. Like, how can someone mine land w/o using the land? Also, is there something bad about "profiting" that we want to stop? Do we prefer that companies show a loss from such operations?

So we can understand that this is not the establishment of such a company but rather a rule change to partially establish a procedure. There's a lot more to be worked out before any serious action is taken.

Meanwhile I'm surprised by your wording "profitting off the lands without using the lands." Please help me understand what we're saying here. Like, how can someone mine land w/o using the land? Also, is there something bad about "profiting" that we want to stop? Do we prefer that companies show a loss from such operations?

What the end goal is, I think, is to collateralized and financialize nature itself and to ultimately create more financial paper. So, then, collaterize nature itself and then try to sell it off as shares by some natural asset company. To "create a change that is not incremental...to position nature at the core of the economy," according to Schwab's and company.

Except that now they wanna do it digitally. And centrally, of course. It'd certainly be much easier to manipulate the trade value of it all. And it won't matter if the stalking horse fails if they get away with implementing a CBDC. Because with the implementation of digital central currencies, it frees them from using slower, clumsier means of manipulating these types of value. They'll be able to walk away from their generational crime and fraud at the convenience of a push of a button regardless.

I've shared more detailed thoughts on this around the board whenever the topic came up.

Well, actually, what I'm talking about here hasn't popped up as topical content. Not yet anyway. As wit hmost everything else, it never really does until it's too late and the ball is already rolling. Which is unfortunate, but that's just how things go whe npeople are relying on mainstream media to...oh...''mediate'' the terms of controversy? Is that the word I'm looking for?

Last edited:
France and Britain announced in July they will stop sales of gasoline and diesel automobiles by 2040 as part of efforts to reduce pollution and carbon emissions that contribute to global warming.
The functional equilivent of libs shooting all the horses in 1900 to encourage farmers to buy tractors

The free market will adopt the Lost Secrets of Atlantis when the time is right rather than letting green pinheads in government decide for us

He would have to get rid of any rubber product on his bicycle and he should also stop riding on any streets made from asphalt.
Natural rubber, the tears of a tree - Rubber is harvested by slicing the bark of the rubber tree. The term rubber comes from the indigenous Amazonian words "kau" and "chuk", which together mean "weeping wood".

The natural rubber industry uses few chemical inputs such as fertilizers and pesticides. It helps to preserve the soil from erosion and plays a role in stabilizing the climate. Rubber farming acts as a carbon trap.
Natural Rubber at a glance | Michelin

rather than letting green pinheads in government decide for us
I have discovered that common sense is not common at all, there are Mac’s that have nothing to do with sense but ignorance instead.

No offence intended or implied

Natural rubber, the tears of a tree - Rubber is harvested by slicing the bark of the rubber tree. The term rubber comes from the indigenous Amazonian words "kau" and "chuk", which together mean "weeping wood".

The natural rubber industry uses few chemical inputs such as fertilizers and pesticides. It helps to preserve the soil from erosion and plays a role in stabilizing the climate. Rubber farming acts as a carbon trap.
Most rubber is synthetic. It's made from oil.

And natural rubber is inferior to synthetic rubber by a country mile.

New Topics

Forum List

Back