End of Conservative coup

Rosotar

Mar 22, 2007
New Mexico
This is an interesting poll that indicates the Conservative "revolution" (or coup) may be coming to an end. It was a nice pipe dream but when push comes to shove this myth of Reagan conservatism is just that, a myth.

The takeover of Congress by Democrats last fall was the tip of the iceberg. Americans have realized that Conservatism doesn't work. It's not grounded in reality. It is a morally and philosophically bankrupt idea.

http://people-press.org/reports/display.php3?ReportID=312

This is an interesting poll that indicates the Conservative "revolution" (or coup) may be coming to an end. It was a nice pipe dream but when push comes to shove this myth of Reagan conservatism is just that, a myth.

The takeover of Congress by Democrats last fall was the tip of the iceberg. Americans have realized that Conservatism doesn't work. It's not grounded in reality. It is a morally and philosophically bankrupt idea.

How old are you? You must be very young because Reagan moved our country to a status that no other leader of our country ever achieved to date. Jimmy Carter damn near had us all looking for a new country to live in because of un-employment and interest rates.
I agree that the republicans screwed up by not securing there positions and taking for granted they ride forever and have been careless. The country I don't think knows what they want really. They just want to hear something else besides what we are hearing on nightly news! After 4 years of democratic chaos we'll be having the same conversation again and we’ll point at all the faults and make excuses. We as a nation have to get beyond all these things that cause hang ups and waste time and extend media air time and drive us all mad!

I'm really bummed. The Conservatives held a coup and didn't invite me.

:(

How old are you? You must be very young because Reagan moved our country to a status that no other leader of our country ever achieved to date. Jimmy Carter damn near had us all looking for a new country to live in because of un-employment and interest rates.
I agree that the republicans screwed up by not securing there positions and taking for granted they ride forever and have been careless. The country I don't think knows what they want really. They just want to hear something else besides what we are hearing on nightly news! After 4 years of democratic chaos we'll be having the same conversation again and we’ll point at all the faults and make excuses. We as a nation have to get beyond all these things that cause hang ups and waste time and extend media air time and drive us all mad!

I'm old as dirt.

You know I keep hearing everyone say this abou old Bonzo but they never can back it up with REAL examples.

Perhaps you can. Care to post some reliable statistics on this miracle that Reagan was too have performed on out country?

I totally agree with the rest of your post. The stuff about the public wanting something new and we're all becoming robots to the media. (I know that's not technically what you said but that's what I read into it)

Right ON!

It's generational. The Clinton generation is coming of age. It will be followed by the Bush generation coming of age. As people reach an age where politics matter, they tend to use the "good old days" as their reference point.

The party in control of the White house almost always loses control of Congress during the second term. That also is cyclical.

It isn't because Americans have realized "conservatism doesn't work." Genius republicans/conservatives abstained from voting to "send a message." I call it not being very bright.

Conservatism is grounded more in reality than liberalism is. Conservatism is based on maintaining the status quo -- meaning it's grounded in the present or past reality. Liberalism is the one that isn't gounded. It's based on always picking at the scab/changing things, with no regard to future consequence. But it's based on "how things should be," not "how they are." The latter is far more reality-based than the former.

New Topics

Forum List

Back