Encouraging Surgeon General Report

Only one in ten tested with expanded testing apparatus in place are positive. Those with symptoms or exposure are tested, including the high-risk category.
That really mathematically reduces the ostensible threat.

Twitter
I have never really "bought" that 70% of us would catch it. But new cases are leaping in our state this weekend.

Not all that impressed. March 5 TN had first case, yesterday we had 371 cases and first death. Today 505 cases and has spread to 42 counties. I think I'll continue washing hands, sanitizing surfaces (including door knobs and vehicle steering wheels), avoiding crowds, limiting visitors, etc. It is in three of the surrounding counties. Optimism is all well and good, but I think I'll go ahead and listen to the experts and see if I can be in that 30-40% that doesn't get it because I let down my guard, due to optimistic internet message threads.

Not all that impressed. March 5 TN had first case, yesterday we had 371 cases and first death. Today 505 cases and has spread to 42 counties. I think I'll continue washing hands, sanitizing surfaces (including door knobs and vehicle steering wheels), avoiding crowds, limiting visitors, etc. It is in three of the surrounding counties. Optimism is all well and good, but I think I'll go ahead and listen to the experts and see if I can be in that 30-40% that doesn't get it because I let down my guard, due to optimistic internet message threads.
And your increased numbers just happen to coincide with increased testing. I’ll continue taking precautions as well but the prognosis certainly appears less dire.

Only one in ten tested with expanded testing apparatus in place are positive. Those with symptoms or exposure are tested, including the high-risk category.
That really mathematically reduces the ostensible threat.

Twitter
I have never really "bought" that 70% of us would catch it. But new cases are leaping in our state this weekend.
Again, increased testing will inevitably result in increased infections numbers. But it also gives a more accurate context.

A few people in my neighborhood died a few days ago after attending a wedding 3 weeks ago.

Forum List

Back