Zone1 Encouragement for member and friend Dale Smith

:hello77:Dale!

Gracie's advice is a good one. I remember offering her the same advice about a year ago when she lost Dennis. Only it was for a cat. One lady where I live adopted a 14-year-old dog from the shelter and he was a sweet charmer. She knew he didn't have long on this side of the rainbow and about a year later he died. But the two of them were happy, took walks every day and I really miss seeing him. They each had someone to love. She knew to expect him to go sooner than later but he really made her happy and was prepared when he left. Now she has a cat. Something to put your arms around during any day or night can be a great way to uplift the spirits. I know for I have had cats and dogs all my life, and they add so much meaning to one who likes them and the love they return.

Dale, good luck with this day. You are in my prayers. I am so glad you have your music to express yourself. It helps so much for you, I know. Keep playing my man. :boohoo:

Hugs,

AquaAthena

Dennis and my song. Could be for Dale and his ex. For the record..I didn't cheat on him. He cheated on me...but I stayed anyway because I loved him. But I never forgot and he tried so damn hard to make up for it, to no avail. I couldn't forget. And now he is gone.

It's almost impossible to mend a broken heart. Betrayal is the worst wound I can imagine. It stays with you.

AquaAthena he did break my heart. More than once. But, we became really good friends instead of husband and wife although legally we were still married. And even then, I stayed true. He didn't. However...for the past 20 something years, give or take, he tried so very hard to make amends. He truly did. I know he loved me. I just feel so damn guilty for not bending. I couldn't. The anger was still there...until the doctor called to say he was gone. Then I broke. I am still broken.

In October, I plan to drive 6 hours back "home" to the beach and put him in the waves as he requested. I have to do it while I can and still have the strength and semi health I have now. I look forward to seeing the ocean again, smell the salt air, hear the seagulls and the foghorn moaning but I dread when I release him along with the furkids I have been dragging around. They are all in a box, waiting. And once I do...nothing is left of them except memories.

Which is why I want Dale to write that letter. She will have something heartfelt...which is more than what Dennis could give me or me him because we didn't know he was going to die. He was prepped to go into rehab for a month, then come home with his oxygen tanks. He died 2 weeks after I saw him that one time. He died alone, with nurses and his surgeon. They refused me entrance, and Dennis requested for me NOT to be there. He told them he didn't want me to see him go. But the hospital wouldn't let me in even if he did want me there. Not jabbed. My government helped kill my husband.

Sigh. I didn't want to go there in this post, so I will say goodnight, and just listen to that song in my head.

I just have to say this......I have read some of the most incredible pieces of writing by you all that simply floors me with the blunt honesty and heartfelt emotion. Gracie, Aqua and Dalia in particular. You all three are so talented when it comes to writing how you feel and the comfort you send me with your thoughts. I will address each and every post this week....I promise.

The last few days have been so emotional because Greyson is here to move all his stuff to Fort Worth and his new apartment. The closer he gets to getting everything packed, the more the tears flow. In a way it's like losing Joshua all over again. I foolishly made him a surrogate son. We got so close. He nursed me back to health and sacrificed so much to do so. What do you say to someone that you owe a debt to that you can never repay? I have been lost the last three weeks since he left to start his job and was so excited that he was coming up here even if it was only to pack his stuff. I didn't know that his plan was to pack all his stuff in one felled swoop. I thought he was going to do it in small increments thus I would see him more....but this is it. I don't know if and when I will ever see him again. There really won't be any reason to make any trips to Amarillo. He will be busy with his new job and acclimating to a huge new city. His heart is always in the right place and he might really WANT to come see me before I pass.....but we all know the reality. Good intentions are not always realistic ones. It's 4:30 am here and I just rescued my cat Fugly from a fight. She is none the worse for the wear but I need to check her out. She is all I really have left since Greyson is taking his dog on this trip. I guess I am just really bummed and life is changing for me yet again and I hate it. Change seems to be the only thing that is a constant. I owe ya an update as to my health and just a hint, I am not doing bad....almost too good and that is when the next shoe usually falls. One negative thing is that all these meds have played havoc on my back teeth and I have got to get them pulled because the pain is horrific and I can only eat on one side of my mouth.

Love you all and I will give you an indepth update this week. What I did to deserve such incredible and caring friends? I will always be mystified by that.

Hugs

I just have to say this......I have read some of the most incredible pieces of writing by you all that simply floors me with the blunt honesty and heartfelt emotion. Gracie, Aqua and Dalia in particular. You all three are so talented when it comes to writing how you feel and the comfort you send me with your thoughts. I will address each and every post this week....I promise.

The last few days have been so emotional because Greyson is here to move all his stuff to Fort Worth and his new apartment. The closer he gets to getting everything packed, the more the tears flow. In a way it's like losing Joshua all over again. I foolishly made him a surrogate son. We got so close. He nursed me back to health and sacrificed so much to do so. What do you say to someone that you owe a debt to that you can never repay? I have been lost the last three weeks since he left to start his job and was so excited that he was coming up here even if it was only to pack his stuff. I didn't know that his plan was to pack all his stuff in one felled swoop. I thought he was going to do it in small increments thus I would see him more....but this is it. I don't know if and when I will ever see him again. There really won't be any reason to make any trips to Amarillo. He will be busy with his new job and acclimating to a huge new city. His heart is always in the right place and he might really WANT to come see me before I pass.....but we all know the reality. Good intentions are not always realistic ones. It's 4:30 am here and I just rescued my cat Fugly from a fight. She is none the worse for the wear but I need to check her out. She is all I really have left since Greyson is taking his dog on this trip. I guess I am just really bummed and life is changing for me yet again and I hate it. Change seems to be the only thing that is a constant. I owe ya an update as to my health and just a hint, I am not doing bad....almost too good and that is when the next shoe usually falls. One negative thing is that all these meds have played havoc on my back teeth and I have got to get them pulled because the pain is horrific and I can only eat on one side of my mouth.

Love you all and I will give you an indepth update this week. What I did to deserve such incredible and caring friends? I will always be mystified by that.

Hugs
🫂 One day at a time, dearest Dale. May you stay in gratitude for the good times.

:hello77:my guy, Dale!

Just an early morning note to say I am thinking of you and hoping you are still hanging in there as you cope with your medical condition day by day Life is tough these past years on all of us in one way or another and we are with you in spirit. Please remember that. You're in good company. :highfive:

Always,

AquaAthena

Check in, Dale. Been thinking of you. I haven't called because it hurts to talk. Still recovering from my Alveoloplasty. So far..its been a bit over 4 months since the whole thing started, then they had to open up my gums and grind down the bones on upper and lower. Not fun. I pulled the damn stitches out myself a few days ago and I am healing much faster, but it still hurts to talk.

Anyway...enough about me. How are YOU doing?

Check in, Dale. Been thinking of you. I haven't called because it hurts to talk. Still recovering from my Alveoloplasty. So far..its been a bit over 4 months since the whole thing started, then they had to open up my gums and grind down the bones on upper and lower. Not fun. I pulled the damn stitches out myself a few days ago and I am healing much faster, but it still hurts to talk.

Anyway...enough about me. How are YOU doing?

Just talked to Dale and he is struggling. I called and left messages the last 10 days and he finally called me . He says he doubts if he'll use USMB much if at all. The strain is a little too much. I will drive to Amarillo as soon as I recover completely from my recent fall. The huge gash in my arm is almost healed. Probably in about a week. Dale said he was grateful for the phone calls from you and others. C U later!

Just talked to Dale and he is struggling. I called and left messages the last 10 days and he finally called me . He says he doubts if he'll use USMB much if at all. The strain is a little too much. I will drive to Amarillo as soon as I recover completely from my recent fall. The huge gash in my arm is almost healed. Probably in about a week. Dale said he was grateful for the phone calls from you and others. C U later!
Hope your arm is doing ok, that sounds nasty!

Hello Dale,

So sorry to read Hoss's update on your struggle. Sorry to hear Hoss fell and injured his arm badly too. My thoughts are with each of you and Dale, I'm glad you made the decision not to post back to us as you don't need any pressure to do that. I just like to check in with you once a week to let you know I am thinking of you.
🤗

I'm sorry to hear you hurt yourself, Hossfly, hopefully it's healed by now!

Please send my sincere regards and as always my best wishes to Dale! Keeping him in my prayers.

Forum List

Back