Employers Struggle to Compete with $600 Coronavirus Unemployment Payments

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
And they wonder why so many people wanna keep the lockdown going. Sigh.

"It's been very difficult to get some people to return to work," Livesay, the vice president of operations for Maryland Thermoform Corporation, told ABC News. "In some cases, depending on what their compensation was, they make more money with unemployment and the federal stipend of $600 a week."

"There are significant unintended consequences," Livesay, who is also advising Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan on reopening the state's economy, said of PPP. "I'm hoping that they give us some extra time to get up to full staff. We're interviewing three to five people a day for jobs we have open, and we can't even get them to show up for interviews."

Continued - Employers Struggle to Compete with $600 Coronavirus Unemployment Payments

Last edited:
And they wonder why so many people wanna keep the lockdown going. Sigh.

"It's been very difficult to get some people to return to work," Livesay, the vice president of operations for Maryland Thermoform Corporation, told ABC News. "In some cases, depending on what their compensation was, they make more money with unemployment and the federal stipend of $600 a week."

"There are significant unintended consequences," Livesay, who is also advising Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan on reopening the state's economy, said of PPP. "I'm hoping that they give us some extra time to get up to full staff. We're interviewing three to five people a day for jobs we have open, and we can't even get them to show up for interviews."

Continued - Employers Struggle to Compete with $600 Coronavirus Unemployment Payments
Libs will not go back to work till the helicopter money runs out

Sounds like the company had better raise it's wages or it's going to continue to struggle to find workers. You want good workers you have to pay them.

These people are being offered a job. If they refuse it, they shouldn’t be eligible for unemployment anymore, nor the stipend.

Sounds like the company had better raise it's wages or it's going to continue to struggle to find workers. You want good workers you have to pay them.

It's impossible to compete with free money. Hell, I'd make as much on unemployment as I made working with the extra $600/week.

You want good workers you have to pay them.

That's a non-sequitur these days.

The entire concept of ''good workers'' was tossed out the window with the introduction of institutionalized equality into the workplace.

Used to be that it was recognized that some people were just more naturally gifted than other people. And they were seen as 'good workers.'' They were paid well for being 'good workers.''

It doesn't really work that way anymore. Not since the cultural Marxists took over. Institutionalized equality has transformed that old model into a scenario where any old lazy loser gets paid well to be a horrible worker and if the employer doesn't like it, they get sued.

Last edited:
The employer just needs to tell the employee..."I will report you not coming back to work & you will lose all unemployment benefits".

Problem solved!

New Topics

Forum List

Back