Emotional Support Animals- What a scam!

Why do you think it’s a scam? Present your evidence or lock your own thread. Do you know this woman? Maybe she needs the pets.

Why do you think it’s a scam? Present your evidence or lock your own thread. Do you know this woman? Maybe she needs the pets.

Then she should find a place that welcomes pets.

It's a scam because I am betting this woman goes to a job every day and doesn't have her emotional support animal in her cubicle with her.

Then she should find a place that welcomes pets.

It's a scam because I am betting this woman goes to a job every day and doesn't have her emotional support animal in her cubicle with her.
Betting? Based on what?

A sequel to my previous travails about my Condo.

So the deal to buy my Condo has been put on hold, at least for the time being, forcing me to get renters for the unit. In screening potential tenants, even though I specifically stated "No Pets" on the advertisement, I had a woman inquire about her three "Emotional Support Animals" (two dogs and one cat.) My first instinct was to tell her to get lost, but then I realized that I might be in some legal trouble here, so I checked on the law.

Well, turns out that not only am I not allowed to refuse someone who has a doctor's note claiming their dog is an emotional support animal, I am not even allowed to demand a pet deposit!

Now, I don't have a problem with LEGITIMATE service animals, but let's get real. This is a huge scam by people who want to be able to bring their animals into places where they aren't welcome, and they can just get someone to write up a "emotional support animal" prescription!

This is why I got out of being a landlord 22 years ago.
Yep one might be legitimate but three is certainly a scam. I have a cousin that is an expert at exploiting the system. Late 50s. Never had a job yet seems to be able to do what ever the hell she wants. That bitch was a straight A student could have been what ever she wanted but liked exploiting the system the most. I still would not rent to her just don't list that as a reason.

Betting? Based on what?

On the fact she can come up with $950 a month and a $950 security deposit for a one-bedroom.

You're a Communist.

You should not be seeking profits from property.

Hypocrite.

Never said I was a communist.
I would LOVE to be making a profit from this unit, but I'll probably only break even after Bush wrecked the property market in 2008. It's only just worth what I paid for it in 2004 now. The investors have offered a bonus to buy us out, but that's being tied up in court by these assholes who bought in when the market crashed and put section 8 people in their units.

Yep one might be legitimate but three is certainly a scam. I have a cousin that is an expert at exploiting the system. Late 50s. Never had a job yet seems to be able to do what ever the hell she wants. That bitch was a straight A student could have been what ever she wanted but liked exploiting the system the most. I still would not rent to her just don't list that as a reason.

I agree, but it seems to be a moot point, as she never followed up, and I have several more promising leads.

Forum List

Back