Embattled Rep. George Santos Reportedly Called a Liar on House Floor During Rough First Day in Congress

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Ahh..I love guys like this..livens up Congress. I'm not so very phased about his lying..after all, he's not the first, nor the worst..but he is the latest.

Incoming Rep. George Santos faced a rocky first day in Congress on Tuesday, with reports surfacing that he dodged reporters outside his office and was called a liar by at least one of his colleagues on the House floor.
Various outlets report that the embattled newcomer approached his Capitol Hill office early Tuesday and turned in the opposite direction when he spotted reporters waiting for him. Though they tried to pursue him, Santos ultimately left the area without answering any questions.
Later, while inside the House chamber, Santos "could be seen sitting alone toward the back of the chamber busying himself on his phone," Fox News reports.
RELATED: Incoming Rep. George Santos Apologizes for 'Embellishing My Resume': 'I Said I Was Jew-ish'

But Santos had to make at least one public appearance — to stand on the House floor and vote for a House speaker.
Washington Post journalist Marianna Sotomayor reports that, when Santos stood to vote for Kevin McCarthy on Tuesday, "a Hispanic Democrat yelled 'mentiroso!' which translates to 'liar' in English."
In a followup report on Dec. 23, the outlet uncovered that Santos was a call center employee for Dish Network in 2012, and that his family frequently struggled to pay rent in Queens over the years, borrowed thousands of dollars from an acquaintance who claimed they were never repaid, and had a criminal history in Brazil that had never been resolved.
According to the Times, Brazilian court records show that Santos had been charged with fraud at one point after writing hot checks. The publication also reported that he confessed to the crime and was charged but authorities were later "unable to locate him" for punishment.
"I am not a criminal here — not here or in Brazil or any jurisdiction in the world," Santos told The Post. "Absolutely not. That didn't happen."
This week, Brazilian authorities told the Times they were reviving their case against Santos, now that they had verified his whereabouts.

Late last month, the Nassau County District Attorney's Office announced it was looking into Santos and reports surfaced that federal investigators had also opened an inquiry into Santos' financial disclosures.

Last edited:
Ahh..I love guys like this..livens up Congress. I'm not so very phased about his lying..after all, he's not the first, not the worst..but he is the latest.

Incoming Rep. George Santos faced a rocky first day in Congress on Tuesday, with reports surfacing that he dodged reporters outside his office and was called a liar by at least one of his colleagues on the House floor.
Various outlets report that the embattled newcomer approached his Capitol Hill office early Tuesday and turned in the opposite direction when he spotted reporters waiting for him. Though they tried to pursue him, Santos ultimately left the area without answering any questions.
Later, while inside the House chamber, Santos "could be seen sitting alone toward the back of the chamber busying himself on his phone," Fox News reports.
RELATED: Incoming Rep. George Santos Apologizes for 'Embellishing My Resume': 'I Said I Was Jew-ish'

But Santos had to make at least one public appearance — to stand on the House floor and vote for a House speaker.
Washington Post journalist Marianna Sotomayor reports that, when Santos stood to vote for Kevin McCarthy on Tuesday, "a Hispanic Democrat yelled 'mentiroso!' which translates to 'liar' in English."
In a followup report on Dec. 23, the outlet uncovered that Santos was a call center employee for Dish Network in 2012, and that his family frequently struggled to pay rent in Queens over the years, borrowed thousands of dollars from an acquaintance who claimed they were never repaid, and had a criminal history in Brazil that had never been resolved.
According to the Times, Brazilian court records show that Santos had been charged with fraud at one point after writing hot checks. The publication also reported that he confessed to the crime and was charged but authorities were later "unable to locate him" for punishment.
"I am not a criminal here — not here or in Brazil or any jurisdiction in the world," Santos told The Post. "Absolutely not. That didn't happen."
This week, Brazilian authorities told the Times they were reviving their case against Santos, now that they had verified his whereabouts.

Late last month, the Nassau County District Attorney's Office announced it was looking into Santos and reports surfaced that federal investigators had also opened an inquiry into Santos' financial disclosures.
He's branded.

Ahh..I love guys like this..livens up Congress. I'm not so very phased about his lying..after all, he's not the first, nor the worst..but he is the latest.

Another GOP lying con artist. How good of them to have him rep for them.

warrenliarghgjjjhhgkh.jpg
blementhalliarhjgjgjgj.jpg
schiffliarjgjhgjgjjhkh.jpg
bidenliardghgffhjjhggf.jpg
bidenliarhfhjhjhhjhkhkhkh.jpg
demsrkiarsfgghhhhh.png

TRUMP santos dark plus.jpg

welcome to washington…he joins the ranks of Adam “Parody” Shifty, Joey Xiden, Obama, Warren, Clintons et al

he's a freakin thief - stole a checkbook down in brazil & wrote fraudulant checks back in 2008. they are now going to pursue charges.
Since he's gay hopefully he'll join the Dem party before the next election.

He fits right in with every wealthy candidate. The richer they are the less we trust em.

This isnt good. A fuckload of corrupt politicians in DC are trying to look virtuous by chastizing Santos. Santos is awful, but if we are being honest, there are likely scores of people who have done FAR worse things, we just dont know about it.

I think Santos should resign---right after Joe Biden does.

Forum List

Back