Email Attachments - iMac

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
I have the strangest problem with my iMac today.

When I compose an email and want to add an attachment, I click on the attachment icon (picture of a paperclip); it asks me where the file is located, I tell it My Computer, and then...nothing.

In the past, when I click that button the "Finder" screen pops up and I find the file I want and choose "open" which deposits the file into my email. Today, I get nothing. Both Yahoo email and Gmail.

I spent two hours on the phone with an Apple tech. We rebooted, upgraded my operating system, adjusted my preferences, and nothing worked. Eventually, he showed me how to drag and drop from the Finder screen (which works) but what the hell? I send files all the time with no problem, but alovasudden my computer forgets how to do it?

I don't get it.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

When I compose an email and want to add an attachment, I click on the attachment icon (picture of a paperclip); it asks me where the file is located, I tell it My Computer, and then...nothing.

In the past, when I click that button the "Finder" screen pops up and I find the file I want and choose "open" which deposits the file into my email. Today, I get nothing. Both Yahoo email and Gmail.

I spent two hours on the phone with an Apple tech. We rebooted, upgraded my operating system, adjusted my preferences, and nothing worked. Eventually, he showed me how to drag and drop from the Finder screen (which works) but what the hell? I send files all the time with no problem, but alovasudden my computer forgets how to do it?

I don't get it.

Forward hard copies of the attachments by mail.

No, wait! I could just print out copies of the document, then catch a plane to the guy's home and hand him the fucking documents! Why didn't I think of that???

Also, the same thing happens (nothing) when I use my Comcast email. Attachments don't show up to be loaded.

Strange.

I don't get it.

What browser are you using?

Message viewer, choose Edit > Attachments > Always Insert Attachments at End of Message
Or quit using that shitty program and install thunderbird as the client

I assume you have restarted finder?
Sounds like a hung process in finder. You can restart finder or restart the computer, both should fix the problem.
If not, and you are using a browser... you have probably been hijacked.

Forum List

Back