Elon Musk rips Democrats' billionaire-tax plan that could slap him with a $10 billion annual bill

Link us up to where Reagan made it legal for the rich to not pay taxes.
can't see him anymore.....but I bet I know his answer.

"im not going to spoon feed you, blah blah, go look it up, blah blah"

might as well be the teacher from the peanuts cartoons!!!!!!!!

I know you didnt ask me but for one thing, I think cap gains should be taxed the same as your normal tax rate. Why should risk (investment) get a tax advantage over your time (job)?
Because it would discourage people from investing . People may feel it’s not worth what’s taken out
So then, what would be your percentage ?

Because it would discourage people from investing . People may feel it’s not worth what’s taken out
So then, what would be your percentage ?
LOL. You actually think people would have turned down the stock gains from 2009-2021 just because their cap gains tax was going to increase by 10 percentage points? LOL you must be insane.

As far as my personal information, I dont give out my financial information on a public message board. You'd have to be pretty stupid to do that.

LOL. You actually think people would have turned down the stock gains from 2009-2021 just because their cap gains tax was going to increase by 10 percentage points? LOL you must be insane.

As far as my personal information, I dont give out my financial information on a public message board. You'd have to be pretty stupid to do that.
Never said

Never said they would turn it down you moron. I did say it would discourage them. I did NOT ask you for your financial info. Want to know what a insane psycho looks like? Look in the mirror

No, I have constantly blamed the government also.
Also?

I'm not sure what "free money" the poster was referring to, but if they were talking about all the games they play with the tax code, that's squarely on the government. Business owners who take advantage of it are simply playing by the rules that Congress sets up.

Also?

I'm not sure what "free money" they poster was referring to, but if they were talking about all the games they play with the tax code, that's squarely on the government. Business owners who take advantage of it are simply playing by the rules that Congress sets up.

You are fully aware of what is being talked about.

Never said

Never said they would turn it down you moron. I did say it would discourage them. I did NOT ask you for your financial info. Want to know what a insane psycho looks like? Look in the mirror
You said it would discourage people from investing. That's been an age old excuse. I guess my question would be where are people going to put their money if they believe an increase in cap gains would be prohibitive enough to not invest in stocks?

Secondly, you DID ask for my personal information. If you know my tax bracket, you know within a range of how much money I make. Knowing my income level is personal information to me. LOL no way am I giving out that type of personal information. As an aside regarding personal information, there was some idiot on here that not only posted a picture of his home with his street address number visible, he stated what city he lived in and what golf course hole he lived on. People are stupid.

"Eventually, they run out of other people's money and then they come for you," he wrote on Twitter.
In 2007, Jeff Bezos, then a multibillionaire and now the world’s richest man, did not pay a penny in federal income taxes. He achieved the feat again in 2011. In 2018, Tesla founder Elon Musk, the second-richest person in the world, also paid no federal income taxes.
I believe Musk is now richest of all with Bezos in second place. Neither suggests "fairness" at all. At all! OMG, you mean these two schmucks who've already gotten away with paying the least in history.. shockingly start whining about having to pay SOME tax again? Guaranteed, every billionaire is a narcissistic jerkoff supreme in real life. There's no "fairness" in "billionaire"!

Last edited:
You said it would discourage people from investing. That's been an age old excuse. I guess my question would be where are people going to put their money if they believe an increase in cap gains would be prohibitive enough to not invest in stocks?

Secondly, you DID ask for my personal information. If you know my tax bracket, you know within a range of how much money I make. Knowing my income level is personal information to me. LOL no way am I giving out that type of personal information. As an aside regarding personal information, there was some idiot on here that not only posted a picture of his home with his street address number visible, he stated what city he lived in and what golf course hole he lived on. People are stupid.
I Did NOT ask for YOUR tax bracket. I asked what tax bracket a person should be i

i did NOT ask for YOUR personal info. I DID ask you what percentage one should be taxed at . You are a incredibly stupid,ignorant, pathetic MORON

I Did NOT ask for YOUR tax bracket. I asked what tax bracket a person should be i

i did NOT ask for YOUR personal info. I DID ask you what percentage one should be taxed at . You are a incredibly stupid,ignorant, pathetic MORON
I'm quoting exactly what you said "So then, what would be your percentage ?". How is that not asking me what my bracket is? You are literally asking me what my percentage is. What else am I supposed to think?

I'm quoting exactly what you said "So then, what would be your percentage ?". How is that not asking me what my bracket is? You are literally asking me what my percentage is. What else am I supposed to think?
I was asking what would be your percentage that the RICH should pay !!! ( fair share???)

We need to return to the tax structure we had for over 70 years before reagan and the republicans changed it in the 80s.

It worked very well and helped create the superpower that the United States became in the 20th century.

If you don't know that tax structure, go look it up.

I'm not going to spoon-feed something to you that you will ignore and have absolutely no interest in knowing.
Actually it didn’t. Nobody paid the actual tax rates because there were so many deductions. I was shocked the first time I filed long form. I only did it because the IRS lost my return and tried to penalize me. Fortunately I always sent my returns certified so they backed down and said I just needed to resubmit. I was angry so I recalculated everything instead of just sending them a copy of my short form. The money they owed me went from fifty bucks to over three hundred due to all the deductions available. I was against Reagan’s tax reform because I knew that once the deductions were gone, the government would raise the tax rates and we would all pay more taxes and that’s exactly what happened.

Forum List

Back